“This is the nastiest place” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina, United States
“This is the nastiest place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

When i got to room it SMELLED LIKE SEWER. The carpet is wet by the bathroom I think the toilet over flowed, will sleep in my car before I would rent here again. There was water damage on wall and on the dresser and desk. My nose was stopped up the whole time.

Room Tip: Dont go there if you have kids
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Staff here were very helpful with recommendations for places to dine in the area and were helpful, friendly and communicative. As a business traveler, these were all important for me. Rooms were kept clean and tidy, requests for any additional needs were provided, and staff were on site to assist even during a late night check in from a delayed flight arrival. Breakfast was good and I appreciated all of the recommendations from taxi service to shopping in this very suburban area of Fresno. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were planned to see the Yosemite National Forest and in our way we desided to stay in Fresno. Did not reserv the room on line or by the phone. We exit from free way and the first close Hotel, Inn was this one. Spoke with the front desk and reserve a room. We had an infant with us and request a infant bed for the room.
Room was very dark ( not the pictures on their web site) and dirty. The kitchen cabinet was dusty and room were damp and you can fill the air way heavy to breath. Not a good place for family with kids. They offer free break fast but they serve it in thge lobby. No chair not table. I mean you have to go there and pick your breakfast and take it to your room ( do not get fooled by the web pictures ). I forgot to check the room before handing my credit card. I should have done that. We got the key and within 2 minuets we return the room. Front desk did not want to refound. I demand to speak with manager. He called the manager and spoke with her in their native langage. For me that is offensive since I do not underestand what was he was talking about. I mean that is not a customer service. Anyway I spoke with the owner/manager and got my refound. The money back to my account after 3 days!?? This might be a good place to solo stay but not good for family with kids. We moved out and went down the same road ( Blackstone ) Bestwestern perfect room, great service.

Room Tip: Ask to check the room before handing your credit card. Check it only and read the reviews. Leave...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The manager was very helpful despite a problem with the booking company's website. The area is kind of sketchy, as another reviewer mentioned, but the motel is on a main highway, not a downtown, strolling, area. The management seems to do a good job of keeping out the local troublemakers, although if the sight of razor wire on the fence bothers you, you might not like it. I had no problems walking down the highway on my own in the evening to find a place to eat. The room I had was fine - definitely some elements were dated and a bit worn, but others - the bathroom elements - were more updated. It seemed reasonably clean and tidy. Bed was ok. The breakfast was actually much better than I had expected. I enjoyed some cereal with milk, a banana, orange juice and coffee. The pool area was pretty spartan, but the pool was clean and refreshing. I don't stay in motels very often so don't have a lot to compare it to - it wasn't fancy, but also not sterile, and the manager was friendly and helpful. All in all not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Coweta Ok
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Did not seem like a very good area. Signs posted where ice dispenser, no drinking or loitering on premises. Young men with hoodies walking across parking lot. The manager and wife were nasty to deal with. Very meager breakfast, my wife picked up a second pastry and the owner kept yelling at her, just one just one. I am surprised to see a review saying the manager was friendly. No fitness or restaurant close by.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

It is not Marriot nor is it a 5 star hotel, but the hotel is a clean, quiet, friendly place to stay. A few things need to be upgrade, but hopefully the more people the management gets the more money they will earn that will go towards the things that need upgrades. The management is very nice and it is a great place for people who are working to lay your head down at night and not worry too much about noise. I had an issue with the internet and I kindly walked to the office and she reset the internet right away and it was up and running again. A few of the places around the hotel that if you show your receipt then you’re able to get a discount. I do not remember what the places were, but the management will share that info with you. I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Warsaw, Poland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

Stayed here twice with a friend on a trip to & from Yosemite.

The room was ok. It was quite nice and very clean.

The owner is a very friendly person, we had some nice conversations.

Don't expect too much from the breakfast. Pastries are fresh but selection is limited (no muffins or donuts)

Overall, the place is a decent value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Highway 41 Fresno? Share your experiences!