“It was conviently located next to the campus.” 4 of 5 stars

University Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   2655 E. Shaw Ave., Fresno, CA 93710   |
Ranked #44 of 65 hotels in Fresno
La Habra, California
“It was conviently located next to the campus.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

Was not too far from the campus. I thought the continental breakfast was great! The rooms were clean and the staff were great! I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
UniversityInnFresno, Manager at University Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for staying with us! We are glad we have met your expectations in your stay. Thank you for mentioning the proximity to the campus, which is right across the street, a lot of our guests love that.

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed for one night only and the place is average to say the least. Pretty run down and would really benefit from a major makeover. Close to many restaurants and conveniences.

Had dinner in the hotel bar and it was ok. The staff in the bar were very helpful and polite. Breakfast was free but not a lot of choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Was not sure what to expect after reading several reviews here, but took a chance and made a reservation for the University Inn because it is right across the street from the University of Fresno and an easy walk to the graduation ceremonies going on there. I was very pleased to find my room was clean, comfortable, and I got my request to get an upper floor room overlooking the pool. The housekeeping staff were prompt and efficient, and the front desk clerks helpful and courteous. Numerous places to eat within walking distance, and Starbucks next door for a great morning cup of coffee! My only complaint is there was no shampoo or conditioner in the room, but I had brought my own anyway. It was a great weekend, and I will stay here again if I ever need a room close to FSU in the future!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
We are glad you had a great stay. We hope you come visit us soon.
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

To our dismay, the room was not serviced. I called the front desk and inquired about the situation and the night manager said "Sorry, we had a lot of rooms to clean." The sales manager's reply "thank you for the feedback. I'm sorry for the inconvenience but we will make things right for you. I will conduct an investigation and will get back to you shortly. All I can tell you right now is that our rooms get serviced on a daily basis and "we had a lot of rooms" is not a response i'm satisfied with either." The University Inn never made it right.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Cleaning a room on a guest staying-over is a standard hotel practice. For the guests privacy, do not disturb signs are available for you to hang in the door. This means the hotel maid will not clean your room as per your request. Our hotel carries a full housekeeping staff to cover all rooms as well as a housekeeping supervisor to make sure the job is done.
Sacramento, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

Several members of my family and I stayed over the weekend. It was rowdy, loud and not at all conducive to a good night's sleep. Then, during our last night, the toilet failed. The night manager was completely unhelpful and we had to dress and walk to the front desk to get a plunger. We were told that nothing could be done until the maintenance man arrived after 8. The maintenance man did come after 8 and he said he was on 24-hour call - completely contradicting the manager. My bigest issue is that after an extremely uncomfortable night, I was only given $12 off the bill. I was told by the person in charge that he had no authority to do more. In my opinion when your hotel room does not have a working toilet for several hours, the room should be comped. Period. He then took another $8 off the bill, so he must have had SOME authority. My group had three rooms on this trip - not one of us would EVER consider returning.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
los angeles, ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

The hotel seemd ok, but both my husband and I started to have trouble breathing and our chests hurt after we had been in our room for several hours. After we went out for several hours we felt better, but the after staying overnight we felt sick again. We were all better about 4 hours after we checked out.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

There is not much to say, I stayed here for one night, arrived late and the staff was very nice. The room was ok and clean, no blood or urine stains as others mentioned before. Old and worn, yes, but I was more worried about the people who stayed there. Some were screaming all night, security came and everything went quiet all of a sudden. Though, if I had the choice, I would've stayed some place else. Breakfast deserves mentioning, as I had the entire room to myself and staff always filled up. They even had fresh fruits.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo

Been to University Inn? Share your experiences!