“The Only Place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Garden Inn and Suites
4949 N. Forestiere Ave., Fresno, CA 93722   |
Ranked #7 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Seattle, Washington
“The Only Place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Garden Inn Is the Only choice when visiting Fresno! We flew down fr WA to meet Relatives from Europe who were traveling the US by car. They had reservations @ another motel but checked out after 1 N when i told them about GI. Jaime moved us so we had a adjoining room to their suite which made it very comfortable. Spacious rooms & bathrooms, great pool and gardens. Liked the waffles, yogurt and fresh fruit at breakfast. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed June 2013

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lodi, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

There were many pluses to this place but their air conditioning system would keep us from booking this place again in the summer. My husbands said when it’s 115 degees outside it’s hard for any air conditioner to keep up. But having the room thermostat registering 97 degrees at check in, it was awhile before the rooms got to a comfortable temperature. Fortunately the ceiling fans made it tolerable. The pluses were the friendly people managing the place, the breakfast (with variety of delicious fruits they grew), the cleanliness (the decorations we not my taste), the well-maintained grounds, and the close proximity to the Forestiere underground gardens (if that is your destination). I hate not being able to give this place 5 star rating as the people were really nice but if you are bothered by warm rooms, you may want a place that has a better air conditioning system. As I could not in good conscience give them a 5 was not going to write a review, but decided since I read many Tripadvisor reviews to make my decisions, I should post thoughts when my review is not glowing.

Room Tip: The lower level rooms may be cooler as the upper level had vaulted ceiling that could contribute to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Read the 5 star reviews--they are all correct---and then some.
It is like staying in a beautiful botanical garden.
What a charming place!!
Clean as can be--over the top friendly-and just plain wonderful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Diamond Bar, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

It is our second time stay in Fresno during this trip. My husband didn't like Homewood Suite Fresno we stayed when we went up north, so I had to search around again before we came back south. This time, my husband, my parents, and my 3 kids are extremely happy with my choice. I'm happy too because for the money I spent is way beyond my expectations!

Overall
It is a garden! We see flowers and fruit trees everywhere! The owner told us they have about 54 types of fruits there. The whole facility looks very new and clean! Pleasant too! We felt at home and we didn't want to leave there. The hotel doesn't accept smoking or pets.

Bedrooms
The unique bedroom designs make them very flexible to satisfy special requests. I travel with my husband, 3 kids, and my parents. We wanted to book a suite with two bedrooms and 4 beds. I was extremely surprised to see how big the living room and bedrooms are! Very spacy and clean! I noticed, if we travel with more family members, they can open another bedroom for us which shares the same big living room and kitchen in the middle. Basically, whether you want to just rent a room, or a suite, or 2 room-suite, or 3 room-suite, they can do so with no problem at all. The beds are queens, not doubles. The mattresses are in good quality. The bed sheets, pillows, blanket, and bedspread are all very clean! We care about this the most.

Breakfast
Breakfast finishes at 9:30am. Each table has fresh-picked flowers in the vase. They look so beautiful, they look fake. Hotel serves fresh-picked fruits from the gardens. Depend on the season you arrive, you may enjoy different fresh fruits. We got to eat apricots, grapefruits, and plums. Other things they served are eggs, sausages, toast, muffins, cereal, and do-it-yourself waffles.

Facility
Free wifi. We enjoyed the out-door swimming pool and jacuzzi. The pool opens till 10:30pm.

Location
It is near Shaw Ave, which is a major street. Cross street is In-N-Out burger. A little bit further, you will see Costco, Walmart, Kohls, Applebee's, etc. We wanted to go to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park. It is the right place to stay.

Services
The owners are very friendly and always go an extra mile with us. They explained us how to get to Sequoia National Park, what sights we can see, and other local attractions we didn't know.

Room Tip: if you are afraid of noise, please mention it when you book. They have different options for you.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Burbank, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Didn't know what to expect, but the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the nicest owners! After we got settled in, we started to walk around the grounds, and the guy came out and gave us a tour of the place, telling us all about the fruit trees and plants. They take such great care of the grounds. They upgraded us to a suite, it was clean and nice. Sure there was some wear and tear, and dated in some areas, but it was nice. Couldn't have asked for a nicer room. When we checked out they gave us a seedling of a plant they introduced us too. Can't beat this place! Thank you for an amazing experience this weekend!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Husband and I chose this wonderful place because it was next to Forestiere Gardens and because it was so highly rated by travelers on the internet. After 40+ years of travel, we never plan on a good night's sleep when we stay in motels, even hotels, as noise is ALWAYS the issue. Even tho' this lovely inn is right next to a busy street, once you close the door...QUIET...no room-to-room noise. The grounds had us out and about several times to take in the beauty of spectacular roses, Clivia, azaleas and a variety of lush citrus....tangerines inviting you to sample. Tangerine juice fresh squeezed, Made just for you Belgian waffle, sausage, hard boiled eggs kept warm, bagels and muffins we put a smile on our faces, believe me....I plan to post their brochure on Facebook for the world to know about!! Lovely pool area, and everything so-o-o clean!! We'll come have to come up with a reason to return for sure!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our hockey team stays here when we travel to Fresno. Very friendly staff, super clean hotel, the landscaping is beautiful. They grow fruit and offer it to the guest at breakfast. Also they serve fresh squeezed orange juice from their orange trees.....super healthy and very tasty. I would never stay anywhere else but here when traveling to the Fresno area

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Garden Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!