“Perfect location for testing at Prometric (right across the street)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Fresno

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Angels Camp, California
“Perfect location for testing at Prometric (right across the street)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I would give this hotel 5 stars for the cleanliness alone. Perhaps it is the stark contrast between this and the previous hotel I visited, but I was very impressed with how clean the room was. Since you have a full kitchen and family room, there are lots of nooks and crannies for dust to hide, but it did not evade the housekeepers. Aside from the immaculate room, the hotel staff were friendly and efficient and the bed was comfortable. The shower had adequate water pressure and a comfortable nozzle and the towels were a suprisingly good size. You have your choice of several pillow types (all down or synthetic down I think) and the air conditioner is pretty good. The only problem was at about 2 in the morning it must have frozen over (I had it set a little low, maybe 68), so by the time I woke up at 8am it was about 75, which is too warm for my liking; like I said though, I may have frozen it over.

Breakfast was pretty good, but I hate powdered eggs. The sausage was nasty too, but I didn't have high expectations anyway. The internet was slow, about half a megabit when I checked it, but I only lost connection once in a five hour period and it was back within 10 minutes. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Overall this was a clean hotel with great value for the money. We reserved a two-bedroom suite and a one bedroom suite for 11 people (7 adults/4 young children). The three bedrooms/bathrooms, two living rooms provided the perfect accomodations for our extended family. The morning buffet was plentiful and our kids loved the make-your-own waffle station. The outdoor area was nice and parents were able to lounge or sit in the jacuzzi while our kids played in the pool. It was a bit difficult to find the hotel as it was kind of buried behind a residential section but the neighborhood had plenty of places to eat at and plenty of churches to worship on Sunday. We stopped in after visiting Yosemite before heading on to Los Angeles. I'd stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
BHUJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

Hotel location is good, but staffs are terrible in serving. But they are good mannered. Hotel is economical and safe. but need to give attention for cleaning and maintaining.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

me and my wife checked- in, in this hotel for 3 nights weekend. at check in the front desk was pretty busy, two Clerks were trying to be fast and accommodate everybody, when it was our turn to check in, a tall lady came to the clerk and started to talk to her without paying attention to us that we were waiting to be checked-in. after few minutes the lady told the clerk "r u stupid or what?" and left. later next day I found out that she was manager.
next day the elevator was broken we had three heavy boxes we needed to take to our room. we contacted the front desk to see if they can fix the elevator. they said, it cant be fixed till Monday. then I asked for manager they send me to same lady from yesterday. she said they dont have maitanice service for elevator on weekends and we needed to wait till Monday!!!!??!!. I asked her what should I do now to take my 3 heavy boxes to third floor and she simply said "oh well".
I was really upset and asked her to give me the customer service number for Marriott , then she started to be nice and helpful. she offered help from staff to help me to take my boxes to my room.
I felt really bad for staff too. we had to take 3 heavy boxes to third floor from long stairs. I think she just didn't want to call elevator company on weekend because they charge hotel extra for weekends. she wanted to save money so she ended up to abuse me as guest and her staff.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2009

I stayed at this property with my wife and two young kids in November. First, make sure you know where you are going as the hotel is off the main street. When you turn on to N Diana, it's almost like turning down a residential street which, of course, is perfect for a Residence Inn!

The hotel is a pretty typical RI property with separate buildings with interior cooridors. The room was good-sized with a separated living area/kitchen. Breakfast was average but filling. We had a high school band sharing the hotel with us but they were all very well behaved. As with RI properties, internet is free. Highway 41 is close by as are many restaurant options.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I stayed at Residence Inn, Fresno, for 10 days on business. The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast is good, offering a good selection, and the location is good, being close to Fresno State and major streets, but also a little off the beaten path.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I am truly puzzled by the good reviews (which was the reason we stayed there). The place is your average Residence Inn - not any worse or better -- BUT the bed and mattress were simply horrible. First - do not stay there with your spouse - they only offer ONE Queen size bed - and I would say the Queen title was "stretching" it. Then the bed was incredibly soft - I guess some people like that -- but that is about the worst thing you can do to your back. We asked for a board under the bed, which is a pretty normal request - they looked at us like we were aliens from another planet. We finally put the mattress on the floor (just what you are looking for - sleeping on the floor in your hotel) - when we realized that you can fold over the mattress with one hand. I mean bend it 180 degrees with absolutely no effort ??? You can't really call that a mattress - it's a foam something.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Fresno? Share your experiences!