“Very pleasant accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Austin, Texas
“Very pleasant accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2009

I stayed at Residence Inn, Fresno, for 10 days on business. The rooms are nice and clean, the breakfast is good, offering a good selection, and the location is good, being close to Fresno State and major streets, but also a little off the beaten path.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I am truly puzzled by the good reviews (which was the reason we stayed there). The place is your average Residence Inn - not any worse or better -- BUT the bed and mattress were simply horrible. First - do not stay there with your spouse - they only offer ONE Queen size bed - and I would say the Queen title was "stretching" it. Then the bed was incredibly soft - I guess some people like that -- but that is about the worst thing you can do to your back. We asked for a board under the bed, which is a pretty normal request - they looked at us like we were aliens from another planet. We finally put the mattress on the floor (just what you are looking for - sleeping on the floor in your hotel) - when we realized that you can fold over the mattress with one hand. I mean bend it 180 degrees with absolutely no effort ??? You can't really call that a mattress - it's a foam something.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2009

Stayed at this hotel from January 20-23. The rooms were nice and well kept. The hotel front desk staff were friendly. The location is good for local shopping and eating and close to the freeway. The workout room is very small. The morning breakfast has eggs and sausage and other continental breakfast items. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Liked — clean amd quiet
  • Disliked — small gym
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

We often stay at Residence Inns since we have a 16 month old and prefer to have the separate room so we can put our daughter down and stay up and watch a movie or something. This property was in great shape and we had no issues during our stay. The location was great as it was freeway close and right in the middle of everyone that we were visiting during our trip. There is also a Trader Joe's 5 minutes away which is great if you are there for multiple days and want to stock up on snacks and such. The breakfast buffet was nothing special but had many options so didn't get boring after a couple mornings. There is a large exercise room as well if you like to workout while on the road. The only minor complaint was that there was only a dozen choices on the pay movie channel, which is a drag if you've got a young one and are in early for the night. Will definitely stay at this property again and the price we paid was much less than some of newer properties on the northern end of town.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — Limited move choices on PPV.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

Had a nice comfortable stay during the holidays. The only problem... A alarm clock in the next room went off at 0200 in the morning! After calling the front desk & security's help, we were able to go back to sleep. However, this happened again the next night:( (Security, please turn OFF the alarm)

Overall, very clean & the breakfast was filling. The kitchen was nice and stocked with necessities.

• Liked — Comfort of having your own place away from home.
  • Disliked — Service from security.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

I stayed here for 17 nights for some training with my work. Unfortunately the location is in Fresno, which I was pretty bummed about, but at least I got to stay in a really nice place like the Marriott Residence Inn. I was totally pleased with my stay here!

I like the size of the rooms. The little kitchenettes were adequate and the breakfast was plentiful. Evening snacks and food and drinks Mondays through Thursdays. You could even fill up with some of the offerings. My room had some cooling down issues with the thermostat but I don't know if it was just because the whole building was probably taxed, being that there was record heat for a few days during my stay there - 103 degrees in May for four days straight.

There is a basketball court, which was a huge plus, so I could play ball in the evenings with some of my training buds. The exercise facility is pretty small, with a tread mill and bike and "universal" style weight machine. There are two Internet computers and a printer too.

Just be careful of your car. My car was damaged to the fender from some car brushing up against it. Another car was broken into during the night. I guess this is pretty common though in this crap-hole town.

My stay was totally made enjoyable there. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The pool and jacuzzi are great. There is a nice homey atmosphere there, like a small apartment community or something. Definitely a good stay for anyone going to Fresno.

• Liked — the basketball court, free breakfast and attentiveness of staff
  • Disliked — the metal pan kept burning when I would cook on it.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2008

I've had kids, and more importantly, grandkids, living in the Fresno area for about 5 years now so we've tried a few of the hotels in the area.

When shopping for a place to stay, I've always felt our options were either way over priced or dumps. That said, we've managed to do OK with our choices (Holiday Inn Express, then after it changed hands Super 8 (Bullard), and the Comfort Inn next door). Just always felt they were a bit spendy for what we got.

Our most recent trip we stayed at the Residence Inn and it was by far the best stay we've experienced. It was probably a few dollars more than the Super 8, but less than most others options.

It's decently located off "the 41" and Blackstone.

Staff was great, the room (actually, a nice sized suite with ready to use kitchen, sofa, table and chair) was clean and the bed was the best I've slept on in a hotel!

Add to this a breakfast buffet that featured a number of hot choices (including real cooked oatmeal!) as well as fruit, breads, juices, yogurt etc. and you've got yourself a great start to your day.

Small tennis/basketball court for the kids, fitness room and other perks (afternoon get together, free newspaper etc.) that we did not take advantage of round out the amenities.

No doubt about it, this will be our new "home" in Fresno.

• Liked — the BED and pillows! Very comfy.
  • Disliked — nothing to add here
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Residence Inn Fresno? Share your experiences!