“lots of room and good breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #20 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Grayson, Georgia
“lots of room and good breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

There's not much better than a good nights sleep after a long day of hiking. We had plenty of room with my wife and two kids to spread out and enjoy take out inside. A nice hot shower and comfy nights sleep was fantastic. Then a good sized breakfast. hard to beat.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Jimary81,

Thank you for sharing your enjoyable experience with other travelers on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read you enjoyed our breakfast and found the room spacious. Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. If in the future I can be of any assistance to you in your travels to the Fresno area, please let me know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Fourth night here and I just can't stand it any more... not up to the usual Residence Inn standards. Breakfast area is unclean, some of the tables have a sticky goo on the edges. They ran out of regular yogurt the first morning, one hour into breakfast. Now I am trying to use the oven and there is no baking sheet, and the bottom half of the broiling pan is missing. Went down to the desk and was informed that they don't have any. The pots and pan handles are not oven safe so I have no way of using the oven... which is why I use Residence Inns in the first place! Aarrgghh!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
juleemay, Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you MT K for your review. We regret the experienced you had during your stay. Your comments and suggestions will give us the opportunity to better serve you and our other valued guests’ in the future. Should you find yourself in the Fresno area again please give us another opportunity to serve you.
Thank you again for “telling it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. Please feel free to contact me should you have any further comments or questions.

Pam Hannon
Assistant General Manager
Residence Inn Fresno
Ri.fatri.agm@marriott.com
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed in many different residence inns, but this one was one of the least enjoyable. The main reason is the sleeping quality. The queen beds are really small and the quality of the mattress is poor. We both woke up with back pain, which we normally never have. The air-conditioning makes a lot of noise and blows right onto the bed, which is very uncomfortable.
We planned on staying three nights, but moved to Homewood Suites after one night and were glad we did.
Despite all the good reviews I really cannot rate my stay better than average.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on what appears to have been a less than desirable experience at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology that our beds were not up to your expectations.

Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. If in the future I can be of any assistance to you in your travels back to the Fresno Area, please let me know.
Australian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights with our daughter in May, as we wanted accomodation near Yosemite. Room are very spacious, very clean, and contain everything you may need. The ladies at the front desk were very friendly,welcoming, and helpful, as we're the ladies who served breakfast of a morning. Breakfast is really nice with a great choice of all breakfast foods. Great place to stay with kids. We didn't try out the pool but it looked very inviting. Thanks once again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Walnut Creek, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn in Fresno for different jobs in the month of February 2014. I had stayed at this property in the past, but it had been a few years since I stayed there. When I walked into my room, I was immediately wowed with their recent remodel. They had redone the kitchen area with granite counters, new cabinet, and new stainless appliances. The whole room had new flooring and the living room was furnished with a huge sectional sofa that was totally comfy. The desk was also new, faced the window, taking up most of the width of the room, but had excellent plug ins for electronics and was totally functional. The breakfast area of the hotel, had also been totally reorganized, making more space for guests to have breakfast or the nightly meals/ appetizers offered by the hotel. As always, the room and grounds were immaculate. I plan to stay at this hotel for any additional trips this year to the Fresno area. It is truly a real retreat from the work day- totally comfortable and almost like home.

Room Tip: Choose buildings next to one of the parking lots for easy access to your suite.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are very proud of our recent renovation and I am happy you enjoyed it as well. I think my favorite part of the room is the desks that were added as well as the sectional sofas. Knowing guests such as you appreciate the final product makes the stress of a renovation well worth the trouble.

I cannot wait to share your kind words. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback and I do hope we are able to host you on your next trip to Fresno.

Julee May, General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed here one night and were able to check in early to our 1 bedroom. needed a crib and it was there for us :) It was spacious and comfortable and clean. breakfast was yummy in the morning and we enjoyed the pool for several hours in the afternoon. It was warm and clean and so much fun. We love residence inn so much.

it was weird that the rooms were all open to an inside hall. I think this was our first residence inn that didn't open to the outside world. And also they gave my 2 year old son the cutest little toy! So thoughtful! there was a whole box to choose from. It was also a smaller than usual Residence Inn room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your recent stay with us. It’s nice to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, pool area, and many amenities. We appreciate your recognition of our team and will be sure to share this with everyone at the property. Please come back and see us again soon!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel for a state competition. Rooms are sparkling clean. The price is reasonable and customer services great.

Pros:
Absolutely clean rooms
Great customer serivce
Complimentary breakfast (I didn't care much for it)
Free parking

Cons:
Like the previous reviews - the AC does make a sound each time it blows air. It didn't seem to bother my kids and husband, but I am a light sleeper.

Again, you can hear some traffic noise till midnight - but not to worry if you are a heavy sleeper

Room Tip: Get down to breakfast early. There is not much seating and lots of people waiting around to find a s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for posting this review and sharing your feedback on your experience at the Residence Inn Fresno. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel clean and reasonably priced. I also appreciate the feedback on the air conditioning unit and will have it looked at to ensure it is functioning correctly.

Thank you again for your feedback. I will be sure to share your review with my team.

Julee May, General Manager

Been to Residence Inn Fresno? Share your experiences!