“Clean and Serene” 5 of 5 stars

Sacramento, California
“Clean and Serene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Staff:
When I made my reservation, I was courteously assisted by Derek, who took time to explain the hotel's amenities.  He was patient when I asked my usual questions regarding the hotel and the surrounding community.  Upon checking in, I was efficiently assisted by Lauren, who explained the breakfast and weekday afternoon snack schedules.

Lobby and Premises:
The hotel lobby looked and smelled clean.  The manager shared that the hotel underwent a renovation in 2012.  I toured the facility and was glad that there is a fitness center with free weights and a bench.  The fitness center had water, generous amounts of towels, and the room, as well as the exercise equipments, were clean.

The Room:
I checked into room 302 and was very pleased that it looked new: carpets, furniture, kitchenette, fridge, and appliances.  It does not look worn out; it is tastefully decorated with walls painted in opposing colors that provide a clean and bright room (similar to what you see in a Martha Stewart magazine).  The work desk is wide with generous amounts of outlets to plug in,  or re-charge, various types of electronic devices.  The room I had faced the driveway entrance and was quiet.  The queen bed was comfortable and clean.  Also, if you like fresh air, you can open the windows in the room.

Breakfast:
Plentiful and with variety during the workweek.  Each morning you have fruit, waffles, yoghurt, cereal, eggs, and meat.

I had an excellent four night stay.  Indeed, I will return to this hotel when I am in Fresno.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Many thanks for your review, we appear to have met your expectations. Thank you for your very detailed review. The hotel was renovated from top to bottom last year and we are proud of your product. Also thank you for the kind comments about our staff, they truly make the hotel shine.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next trip to Seattle.

Julee May

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Oakhurst, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I booked on line. I ask for a first floor room. I called 2 days a head to confirm. They told me they room the day of arrival. But, they did say my comment was on my reservation. I checked in on 2-15-13 around 730 pm. The front desk agent was very friendly and had a great smile! You could tell he loved his job! After checking in we went to our room. It was amazing. Of course i was on the 1st floor as requested.The room was updated, clean and fresh! The kitchen was a nice touch with everything you need. The bed and the pillows were so comfortable. I didnt use any of the amenties because i fell ill. But, i am sure it was just as awesome as the front desk agent and the room itself! I will definitly come back again. Kodos to all the staff at the residence inn! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your experience while with us in February. Your compliments to our staff are appreciated as well as your thoughtful comments about our suites. The hotel was fully renovated in 2012 and we are very proud of our product.

Again thank you for your review and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nice facility - a little close to the highway so you will hear some traffic noise if on that side of the facility. We only stayed 2 nights but were happy. The only negative I can recall was the WiFi did not reach our room (112) so I had to go to the lobby to work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We stayed there because fresno is central to the best places in California. Yosemite national park and sequoia national park are an hour away. Those trees are a must see! The kitchenette is awesome for preparing for your day excursion. Costco is close by so its easy to stock up on a weeks snacks. Breakfast is great something different everyday on the hot food! They also have free drinks and snacks during happy hour 6-9! Only set back was they were not willing to upgrade you if you booked with expedia!

• Stayed November 2012
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Paul M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us at the Residence Inn Fresno. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to our area.

All the best,

Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were in Fresno for a race, my first time staying at a Residence Inn. I was impressed, the breakfast was good, the hotel is clean, nice little barbecue set up, little basketball and tennis coarse for kids, pool, Jacuzzi. Only thing I would change if possible is the bed! I would recommend and I will be back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your patronage and sharing your comments on your recent stay, both very much appreciated. We hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed here two nights and was very satisfied with our stay. The grounds were pretty and there was plenty of free parking area. We had a nice clean comfortable suite with a queen size bed and a sofabed. It was also nice to wake up and walk to their breakfast area and get a good filling breakfast each morning. They had a wide assortment of hot and cold breakfast items including sausage and eggs. And like most of the other Residence Inns , they have an evening reception on select nights with food and drinks but we didn't go. And for those who travel with pets, there is a 100.00 dollar pet cleaning fee per stay.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Many thanks for taking time to share your experience while staying with us at the Residence Inn Fresno. Your compliments are most appreciated and we look forward to your return.
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Years ago, my family and I lived at this Residence Inn while relocating to the area; it was nice then but getting a little old. They have since remodeled and the place it very nice. Comfortable room, clean facility and good service. Definitely a good deal for family travels

Room Tip: its a good deal and value