“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Corona, California
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

clean, quiet place. Easy check in even without a reservation. Nice cont breakfast in the AM. 2 tvs , 1 in each part of the suite. Quiet rooms, good parking, some covered. nice pool and hot tub. good closets and big bathrooms.

Room Tip: choose one of the remodeled rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed in the San Joaquin many years ago when it was first converted from an apartment complex to a suite hotel. We loved it then when it was bustling with families and children in the pool, appetizers at 4:00, and a fantastic breakfast. We have seen it change hands over the years however, and now the direction is not so good. The last owner began an ambitious project of completely redoing the landscaping and remodeling the rooms. The landscaping is indeed beautiful, even now, but the remodeling of the rooms did not rise about the first floor: there are three floors. Standing in the courtyard and casting your eyes upward, you can see areas that need repair and paint. The breakfast was also tired, and even though it was served from 7-9, by 8:30, coffee was gone along with other items. Sometimes they were replaced; sometimes not. My key only worked in my room but would not let me through the gates or into the pool. You were supposed to be able to unlock the gates by passing the card through slowly. I was not successful. The room itself was wonderful; we booked a suite and enjoyed it. However the walls tend to let noise in from people in the next unit. We were awake from 1AM to 3AM our last night.

Room Tip: Book directly through the hotel and ask for a ground floor suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The grounds of the hotel are well kept and the hotel lobby looks good. The staff was friendly enough. Our room was located on the second floor and the bedroom looked out on the parking lot. Overall impression of the hotel was average, but the room decoration and cleanliness left a lot to be desired. Stains in the carpet and on the wall, not enough furniture and a very old television set. The chairs and table on the balcony were dirty and the shower was uncomfortable.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This place bills itself as a Boutique Hotel--it is just an ordinary, not very well run hotel. The person on the desk didn't give us any information and then when we were in our room (adequate) we tried to call the desk and the attendant didn't answer would be gone for 10 to 15 minutes at a time so one was unable to find out any information. The key she gave us (magnetic) didn't work the next day and we had to go back several times to the front desk to get one that did. The amenities are very skimpy. The patio adjacent to our room was nice. The pool was fine though the furniture surrounding it is on it's last legs and there were no towels available. And when asked the person at the desk provided ONE towel for 2 people. They did give us a slight discount for the second night but this hotel is merely adequate.

Room Tip: NOT rooms around the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I reserved a standard room with a pull out sofa only to find out my reservation was cancelled. Luckily they were able to find a room for us we just had to wait a have hour for it to be cleaned. This was after I called twice to confirm. My three children loved the pool and Jacuzzi even though the pool is not heated and the Jacuzzi doesn't work. Breakfast is great with many choices. The rooms decor is old and dated, but it is clean. Water pressure is also good. I recommend it if your on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

What a shock to see beautiful grounds and then walk into a rundown room and the love seat was not only dirty, but was so broken down. A room was originally requested for a room with a walk out balcony which was confirmed, but upon arriving it was given out to someone else. In the past I recommended this room to others and one friend had a room with a gigantic hole in the ceiling that she was afraid someone from above her might fall through. Apparently the owners do not care about upgrading the rooms and I do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I thought my room was great. Didn't expect such a big suite. Had trouble with one of the remotes but the one from the bedroom worked great. Couldn't take advantage of the balcony as the weather was extremely hot. Nice landscaping. Wish I could have sat outside and read & listened to the little fountain. I live with my son & he was having a dinner party and I did not want to attend so I choose this hotel to stay in. Carpet could stand to be cleaned. But overall my stay was wonderful. Nice selection for breakfast. The next time I have to stay at a hotel in Fresno I will pick this one. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: I don't think you could pick a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo