“Best bang for your Fresno buck” 5 of 5 stars

San Joaquin Suite Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1309 West Shaw, Fresno, CA 93711   |
Ranked #35 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Venice
“Best bang for your Fresno buck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If there was a secret gem in the BEST section of Fresno, this hotel is IT.
We keep coming back here repeatedly and when you do, they grace you with an awesome corporate rate so be sure to ask for it! Pet friendly with a lovely pool and decent breakfast. Plus it IS an all suite hotel so the only thing small about the rooms is the price! Super friendly staff and the place has a mellow quiet vibe. Even though it is not a 3.5 or 4 star property we pick this over the "nicer" hotel because of the reasons mentioned above.

• Stayed October 2011

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I am a local, but this is the hotel we have stayed at before both my sister and my weddings. My husband and I also spent the night here on our wedding night. My out of town family and friends also stayed here. Every one seemed pleased.

For both of our weddings we stayed in what they call a "deluxe two bedroom suite." It's very comfy and spacious. They easily sleep four, but we brought in roll away beds and had up to 7 girls staying in the room. We all got ready in the room before the wedding and had plenty of room for hair, makeup, etc. I have not been in any of the other room types. I was told there wasn't anything really special about the standard rooms, but there were no complaints. Everything was clean and comfy.

The staff here is super nice. The location is central (although Fresno is exceedingly spread out so you have to drive every where no matter where you stay). The pool and central courtyard are a really nice usable outdoor space with little seating areas spread throughout. I would highly suggest this hotel to anyone visiting from out of town.

Room Tip: Stayed in the deluxe two bedroom suite, last one towards the back of the hotel on the 1st floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Oakhurst, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My new Husband and I stayed the night befor are wedding with are wedding party and then the night of are wedding. We love this place and the staff treated us as family. Are Friends and Family came in and out of are rooms as we got ready and all just loved the look!

Room Tip: If you want fancy then ask for the newly remodelled rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
oakhurst
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

we stayed at this hotel and was so satisfied with the rooms and they were beautiful inside so warm the guest service was so good they were eager to please us when we needed something we used the atrium for the wedding and it was such a great place to have a reception was pleaseant and bright it was very high class place to have it the place is run so well and managed well everyone there were so nice and polite we felt like family here

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Unfortunately we ended up at this place, extremely tired we exited shaw ave heading towards the first decent hotel we could find to catch some rest. San Joaquin looked nice from the outside, at about midnight, so we pulled in and my husband ran in to see if they had anything available, sure enough they did! The reception area looked clean and nice, and all suites... We thought we had gotten a deal at $89 a night for a regular suite..... Until we walked up to our 'presidential suite' on the third floor! As soon as we opened the door and walked in we were greated with the smell of filth and not only outdated furniture, but broke down furniture...
It looked like the furniture in our room were odds and end pieces picked up from a local yard sale!
I felt like I was part of a bad prank for a second, it was like a motel room from a horror movie..... I could go into so much more detail but to sum it up this place is a dump, would never recommend!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Attentive staff, nice roomy living and bedrooms with flat screens, wifi in both. I travel 80% of the time and when I'm in Fresno, the San Joaquin is my home. The scent of flowers and oranges with each pass through is inviting itself. The beds are the best. I mean the best.. They come with several pillows that instantly put you to sleep in a quiet very private room with a back yard. The cost for the suite is right in line with my expense budget. In all my travels, I would select this hotel over all the others. Take the pool - garden away, I would still stay because I have never slept better and I miss the pillows when I'm away. Oh yea, they even have HBO if you can stay awake.

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled suites by the pool. If you are a bath taker. Some of the rooms have the large...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sacramento, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

After 4 recent business trips to Fresno, the San Joaquin has become my go-to hotel. The renovated rooms are detail-perfect, nicely decorated and have big comfy beds and wifi. And, it is really clean! The pool area and outdoor gardens really make the "boutique hotel" experience - I can't wait until it is warm enough on a future trip to swim!

Also, the staff are very helpful - bringing me extra blankets late at night when I was cold, and helping me with restaurant recommendations. I'm from the SF Bay Area, and I would expect to pay $160 a night for a hotel like this, so enjoy what Fresno has to offer at half the price!

Room Tip: Make sure to get a renovated room - they have a few cheaper ones that haven't been remodeled and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to San Joaquin Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!