“A Terrific Place to Take Your Family!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Fresno

Save Saved
You added Park Inn by Radisson Fresno to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Fresno
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3737 North Blackstone, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Fresno)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Seattle
“A Terrific Place to Take Your Family!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2009

I can't believe the reviews preceding this one! The only guess I can make, is that my room was in an updated section, maybe, or they did some work between your stay and mine. I am fairly picky, but I really liked this place, and so did my best bud (in the adjoining room). We nearly changed our schedule to come back again later on our trip, in fact!

The staff is prompt and friendly. The rooms are very quiet, spacious, and well-appointed. Everything works the way it is supposed to; the TV is new and nice, and there's a fridge beneath the extra sink outside the bathroom.

Any mom on a lengthy road trip with kids will tell you, sooner or later, you gotta do laundry. This was my first chance in 9 days to use the coin-op facilities, because nobody else had any. The laundry room was hot (no kidding) and full of flies, probably because some fool left a room service tray full of dried, congealed, former food right outside the laundry room door. This was the only thing keeping this facility from a perfect score in my book.

My pal Barb didn't have a pile of laundry, so she and her daughter got to use the big, beautiful pool, which was right outside our room! My son took himself to the fitness center and pronounced it excellent.

The beds were comfy and had lots of pillows. The wake-up call was prompt. There was a nice desk with a comfy chair for me to recharge my cell and call home for messages. Nothing here, from the comfy, overstuffed chair, to the lamps, to the electronics, seemed even slightly out-of-date. Well okay....the restaurant needs a new carpet...but even there, the food was delish. Stay here! If you are coming to Fresno, it's easy to find, an easy trip back to the freeway, it's across from a mall, right beside a gas station, and it's a terrific place to get a surprisingly quiet night's sleep!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

Lots of different opnions on this hotel but it seemed to me that this has definately improved in the bast couple of years. I was very satisfied with the rooms, service and grounds.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

At least this one came with Starwood points.

Rooms - were nice enough - comfy beds. The rooms are in a bunch of separate buildings and half of them are a flight of stairs walk. If you have a lot of luggage, ask for a first floor room.
Bathrooms are a bit dated.
Wifi didn't work with my computer - never had this problem in a hotel before. They moved my room but didn't fix it.
Pool looked nice - didn't use it.
Gym had ancient low-end machines - couldn't bring myself to use it.
Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Sacramento, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

I am in my room as I write this on the free wifi.

Do not stay in the Jamaca buildings as they are former smoking buildings and the rooms smell of long forgotten smoke. Front desk promptly moved us to new rooms.

This is a converted hotel. Staff told me it was a westin, then a sheriton, now a 4 points. It is old but they have updated the rooms to a decent level. 2nd floor rooms have no elevator access. The building do look worn but they are making the most out of what they have.

The hotel is not in a great area. Parking is not secured. I have not seen any sort of security.

They locked the workout room at 10:00pm. It is not that they say it is closed at 10 but you can still get in. They lock it. This is not great for buisness travelers who need all at all times. I am not happy. Also the area the hotel is in is not great and I would be woried about people running on surface streets.

The pool looks nice but is locked at night. Probably Fresno Hipster central in the heat.

The restaurant looks ok. The breakfast menu is VERRY affordible. We went up to North Shaw at a high end mall that has the nicer chain mega restaurants and good mall shopping.

I have stayed at the Raddison in Fresno and this hotel. When boking this room the two had the same price. I would stay at the Raddison for the same price. More of a hotel.

I just got bit by a bug. ick. I will not return.

I wish Fresno had better hotels.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
mammoth lakes ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

After finding my room at the Marriott Townplace inn a complete disaster, I was able to quickly book a room at the 4 point sheraton. I've stayed here before and been pleasantly surprised. The rooms are 'upscale', the grounds are quiet, although you are not in the best neighborhood. I will say I've never had any problem with crime or bums... But this time I was not as happy with the room, basically because the bedding has gotten old. The main thing I want from a Hotel are nice sheets and I like it when they cover the bedspread with a sheet too...If they update/upgrade their bedding, I'll stay there again. If not, I'll find someplace else.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2009

Right from check-in the low level of expectations was indicated. Although a smoke-free property, the front desk clerk allowed a lit cigar to burn freely from one of the guests, smelling up the entire lobby. Not a deal-breaker for me, but I thought it was rude of management not to step in and ask him to step out.

Cigar aside, it really was the low quality of the property that got to me. Staff was friendly, but they could not make up for things that were beyond their control in the rooms. Yes, I sampled two due to problems, and probably could have gone to a third had I not been so fed-up.

There are no elevators. When they asked me if I needed help with my bags at the front desk, I did not realize it was because there was no elevators! It was too much of a hassle to go back once I realized this, as the property is spread out, so I lugged my heavy bags up the stairs on my own.

The room was extremely warm, at 78 degrees. No problem, turn on the air conditioning, leave the room for an hour, and... when I got back it was still 78 degrees. After tinkering with the A/C, I finally called the front desk and asked how to work the cooling system. THEY HAVE TO SEND SOMEONE IN YOUR ROOM to turn it on and off!!!! The guy comes in with a screwdriver, tinkers around in a vent in the ceiling. After another hour, the A/C is still not working. I have to pack up and move to another room. This is at 11:30 PM.

New room. They have turned on the A/C for me. I call the front desk for a wake-up call. Phone is DEAD. I call front desk with my cell phone and let them know. I also said I was wanting a wake-up call but supposed that was out of the question since the phone didn't work. She gave me a test call to see... It worked, and she said she would set it for me. HOWEVER, I did not get a wakeup call for whatever reason the next day. Adding insult to injury, the power must have gone out during the night, as the alarm clock I had set as a backup was flashing 12:00. I was late for my business meeting. Very embarrasing.

Then I get a call from maintenance later in the day. They want to come in and try to fix my phone. Um, NO!!! I was checking out the next day and would use my cell and blackberry as alarms. I was not having another stranger tinkering around in my room like they did with the A/C.

Oh, and once the A/C goes on, it doesn't go off, unless you call the front desk, and yep, they send someone into your room. (And then it still might not work.) I was really sick of people tinkering with the rooms. So the second night I barely slept, wearing layers of clothing in the freezing room that wouldn't warm up. (I tried the thermostat to no avail.)

Other annoyances. Windows open about five inches. They are all child-proofed, which I understand, but the curtains don't open where the window is open unless you want to be on display to everyone outside. Housekeeping didn't restock coffee in the room. Yes, I called the front desk on the cell to get that delivered. Housekeeping didn't set the alarm clock to the correct time. Fitness room is LAME. One treadmill. One bike. One elliptical. Treadmill doesn't go above 4.5 speed. That is a fast walk. No jogging for you on this property!!! Fitness room closes at 10pm. No business center... other than a computer with printer. I had to stand in line while two other guests leisurely checked in to ask for a fax to be sent.

Staff is nice, even apologetic, but with all my problems no one offered any discounts, extra Starwood points or even a couple of free drinks in the lounge. Room service breakfast was prompt and decent enough. (Although I used my cell phone to call in that one!) The courtyard pool area is pretty, landscaped, and looks appealing to use although I did not.

Bottom line: This is not Sheraton quality. They charge too much for what it is. Too many broken or outdated things. Stay elsewhere. I know I will.

Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

Stayed here on way to Sequoia National Park so conveniently located but it is on the edge of town and away from downtown. Nothing memorable about this place although complimentary wine on arrival was a nice touch. Room was OK but bathroom dated and not so clean.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Fresno? Share your experiences!