“Bugs. In bed.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Fresno

You added Park Inn by Radisson Fresno to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Fresno
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3737 North Blackstone, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Fresno)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 15%
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Bugs. In bed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip for 2 nights; it looks okay from the outside, then you look at the surrounding area and wonder: "is my car safe at night? Will it get broken into?" and, "should I walk outside after the sun has lowered?"

The room's AC didn't seem to cool the room, which seemed to be the only problem at first. Then as I'm laying in bed, I see something moving out of the corner of my eye. Two little worms are in the bed. TWO. Wriggling and squiggling about. No bigger that a decent-sized eyelash, but GROSS. I asked them to switch rooms and they obliged; I checked the next bed and it seemed okay. Then as I pulled up the sheet to go to bed, a baby spider ran across.

But wait, there's more! The toilet in the new room would not flush either.

Although the customer service was fine, one night was comped, I will never, ever, stay here again. Bugs in the bed is disgusting and should just not happen. Period.

• Stayed April 2013
Kristen P, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Fresno, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

On behalf of the entire Park Inn by Radisson Staff, I want to extend my apologies to you for the issues you had during your stay with us.

We have contacted our pest control partner to further investigate the problem you encountered in your room. To date, we have no knowledge of any pest control issues throughout our entire property.

It was brought to our attention that our front desk staff made immediate accommodations for you in another room of our property, which you also found in adequate.

We hope that each one of our guests gives us the opportunity to rectify any issues they encounter during their stay.

I am also aware that one night room and tax was adjusted from your final bill because of the inconveniences experienced during your stay.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact our hotel at anytime to speak with one of our managers.

Best Regards,
The Management Staff at the Park Inn by Radisson Fresno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Sioux Falls, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have previously stayed at the Four Points on business and for pleasure. This trip was for pleasure and I hate to repeat myself but this is the quietest business class hotel I have found. The grounds and rooms are lovely and condusive to work or just sit or visit quietly. The staff are so professional and did an extra favor for us above and beyond. We had a patio this trip and so enjoyed coffee and paper and visiting just outside our beautiful room. Thank you to Park Inn and hope to come back very soon.

Room Tip: Mention you like it quiet and kid free.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Bad experience with this hotel. Stayed here with my family for one night. This hotel was previously run by Four Points Sheraton, but now is by Radisson. There is no lift from ground to second floor so all of my family members were struggling to bring our heavy luggage up to stairs. The layout of this hotel is basically a maze, all buildings are constructed around the pool in the center, but without clear sign. Decoration is out-of-dated and the bathroom has a broken tub. In my parent's room, lights bulbs were with different colors, in my room, light was dead. Overall, I would suggest you not to stay here unless your budget is tight.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I stayed here several times when it was the 4 Points Sheraton. Last month was my first stay as a Radisson and it's been a couple years since I was at the hotel.

The good part first: Reasonable rates, decent breakfast, quiet bar with a friendly bartender, decent rooms, close to several good restaurants (I highly recommend Don Pepe Taqueria at Blackstone and Gettysburg, get the cerveza preparada and shrimp cocktail.)

The bad part: The neighborhood has declined terribly over the years. A group of Japanese tourists were robbed when they walked across the street to the Hometown Buffet. Coming back from dinner, the parking lot was full of police and the desk clerk told us what happened. Fortunately no one was hurt.

I will stay here again when I'm in town, I have always liked the hotel. Definitely be cautious if you're venturing out at night. I've never had any issues on the property, but all bets are off once you hit the sidewalk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Evansville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This hotel may have been a nice 3 star hotel to stay at 50 years ago! Park Inn made the 2 - 21/2 stars hotels I have stayed at seem like 5 stars compared to this! It is located in what felt like an unsafe part of town, especially in the evening. When I checked in ... I noticed the lobby was in needed of some maintenance, there was rust on the tile on the floor and a missing baseboard. The furniture was modern but, well over used. The front desk clerk wore a faded old polo shirt and I believe she was drinking or high.
The carpet in the room had MANY dirty spots and was wrinkled in places. The the edges and corners of carpet needed vacuuming. The chairs looked modern but, the fabric was dirty, old and frayed on the arms. They should have been at the curb! The man next door was yelling so loud about his dirty room... we could hear him asking the clerk for buckets, a mop and a vacuum and that the owner of the hotel should demolish the place. He was so upset he was slamming his door several times. We wanted to leave and go to a cleaner hotel but, I called hot-wire who I booked through to see if I could get a refund. They said the hotel had to provide a different room first so ... a very courteous girl( the only good thing about this place) escorted us to a different building and then she had us check inspect the room first. We then consented to stay as the rooms carpet was still old but, at least did not have stains everywhere and by now it was 11:00 p.m. (2 hours since we had checked in). After she left we discovered we could not pull the valve to turn on the water in the shower. A maintenance man came down to pull it on and said most of the rooms were like that. As we crawled into bed, we felt like the room had not cooled down so I checked the air-conditioning and it was not working. So, I opened the window up as far as I could about 10 inches to help cool the room down because were to exhausted to go to a 3rd room. We were given a free breakfast in the morning which of which the breakfast was good. I might add, pictures can be deceiving ... so don't be fooled by Park Inn's pictures which make this place look very nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Half Moon Bay, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We found the Park Inn was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the restaurant on site was very good but the best part was the pool and jacuzzi in the courtyard was a great place to hang out after a busy day of conferences and meetings. The downsides are the location in a run down section of town and the busy street. Luckily you have everything you need right at the hotel. For a budget place- the hotel was an excellent buy for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room off the main street, facing the pool and the courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Lovely Large clean modern room. Location fine for one night. Food really good and tasty and a good selection of beer. We had Room 211 (the bathroom vent could do with a clean - otherwise spotless), ground floor overlooking the pool. It was superb. The waitress/server Barbara P in Smugglers was really attentive and very accommodating, she couldn't do enough for you. FREE continental breakfast was nice but could do with more toasters as one 4 slice is not enough. I also asked for tea and didn't get it. Loved the ducks :), Nice beds and free Wifi.

Room Tip: Ground Floor, Back of Property, Overlooking the Pool
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Fresno? Share your experiences!