“Average accomodations” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Estes Park, Colorado
“Average accomodations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

Had a room tucked away in the back in a small ranch-style building (they have multiple buildings). Was a little creepy at night, walking down the pathways to the rooms. The facility and rooms appeared to be older than their stated age. The bathroom shower and sink had mildew growing around handbars and faucets. Not something I like to see. If you like quiet, dark solitude, this is a perfect place to stay. We could have heard a pin drop at night.

Stayed March 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2007

I like the Piccadilly Inn Shaw and have stayed here twice on business. It is very quiet and not stuck right on the freeway like some of the big chains nearby. I like this place because it is peaceful and not part of a giant chain. I like the fact that the pool and jacuzzi are not just stuck in there by the road but actually situated in the middle of the property with nice greenery all about and lots of little birds. I like that the trees are older, therefore big and well situated giving a nice, full look to the landscaping rather than the thin, sticky, sparse look many of the newer places have. It just seems sort of specific to Fresno in a charming way.

The rooms are huge. It is maybe a little dated, but very clean and in good shape. There IS free internet access, unlike what another reviewer says, but maybe they just instituted that. There is also a little fitness center and a lovely pool (not heated) and a nice outdoor jacuzzi. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. There is a lot of useful shopping nearby (Whole Foods, Office Max, etc.) There is also a refrigerator in the room. My coworkers aren't thrilled with it though--too far from the action, no elevator to the second floor, and they prefer the modern room design at some of the newer hotels. So, maybe not for everyone.

Stayed January 2007
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

I stayed here on a business trip in early January. I have some very positive things to say about the hotel. First, the front desk service was extremely friendly and helpful. As an example, the nature of my business was that I was not sure when it would end. It could have been one night or five. As a result, I showed up one evening after 5 and checked out. The front desk did not charge me for a late check out or, worse, another night. They did this without me asking.

The rooms were large and well maintained. It is not a new property and looks a little dated but I did not find that a problem. It was very quiet which was extremely important to me. (Per my review of the Radisson, I left there because of the noise.)

My only complaint is that I couldn't find a luggage cart when I checked out and, since I had 8 boxes of documents with me, it took me a while to load.

• Liked — Front desk service
  • Disliked — Spread out, difficult to get around.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2006

Seriously! And i've heard this is the nicest hotel in fresno - IT SMELLS. Yes, rooms are big, location is on the main drag - but for a hundred bucks or more?? Seriously - next time i head to Fresno, i'll search on hotels built in this century that don't smell like the 70's.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2006

stayed two nights .. and changed rooms because I thought I was leaving and then decided to stay extra overnight and the orignal room was not avail. Both rooms were spacious and clean. Stayed in the garden rooms and that is very convenient to transport luggage into the room. The remote control for tvs did not work so well in either room. I could not flip channels without getting up close to the tv. Had room service both days and food was fine. First room did not have info about internet access ( which you have to pay for it is not free) second room had a card on the table announcing the internet access I am use to staying at chains that have free internet access and so that did not make any points for me. There is not a gym either as in some of the new chains for bizz travels. there is a pool and a laundry for guests. It was fine. I would stay there again possibly. I do like free internet access and treadmills to work the kinks out of driving for hrs.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2005

We have stayed here several times over the last 12 months and have always found the experience pleasant. We have always stayed in one of their "garden" rooms and found our stay superior to any other "mid priced" chain.

The other 3 Piccadilly Motel/Hotels in Fresno are also quite nice and good values.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
Arroyo Grande, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2004

This has been a consistant performer for me. I have stayed here in July 2003 for three weeks, as well as for the five weeks of Mid-Summer 2004. The entire property should get a round of applause for being attentive to the travelling customer. They have been noted as being the best place to sleep in Fresno, and I can attest to that. From an AC unit that doesn't sound like a jet turbine, but a quiet whirrr, to an attentive maintenence staff that is always on the lookout to make the proerty better, the details SHINE here.

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!