“Is what it says it is” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
san jose, ca
“Is what it says it is”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel is in great shape, staff is friendly. There are some shady people in the neighborhood but not many. Nice pool, the rooms are neat and for the most part in good shape. My only complaints would have to be the bed is a little hard and the pillows small and week. You have to use 2 of them to be any good. and the WIFI sucks! it really slow! But the place looks like the photos. I don't see any hookers or crack heads there are great restaurants near by, Red Robin, Applebees, chilis (under construction) sizzler, an Italian place down the street less then a block ,Japanese and a BBQ place 5 min drive away. There is a liquor store about 2 min walk away if you want to have your own drinks in the fridge. The bar is open from 4:30 to 10pm except on sunday when it closes early so Im told.
the breakfast was little muffins, pastry, cereal, potatoes, sausage, powdered eggs (but surprisingly good) and waffles. they had lots of bananas apples and oranges, OJ and Coffee.

All in all not bad place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Lake Elsinore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had a reservation at the Piccadilly Inn on 2305 W Shaw Avenue in Fresno, CA. When I arrived I noticed that the room was on the second floor and they do not have an elevator. I asked if it would be possible to change for a first floor handicapped accessible room. The staff was wonderful, cheerful, and so willing to help us. They made a quick change. I had handicapped parking directly outside the room on the first floor. The room was spotless, exceptionally quiet and well prepared. I could not have had a better experience and all this helpfulness and cheerfulness for a one-night stay! Wow - what great staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Inglewood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Picadilly inn great service, good breakfast, clean rooms, close to Fresno State University, lots of places to shop and eat if you don't want to eat at the hotel. Nice size pool and putting green. Kid friendly, senior friendly they also have security on the premises.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Had a good time, very friendly staff the rooms are very quiet and clean, also a good food at Oliver's its pretty awesome. I had a couple of beers and a fabulous hamburger. I will definitely be coming back here.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The hotel itself and the facilities were very nice, my only real complaint was with the housekeeping. I booked a room through Expedia and was informed that checkin time would be at 3pm which is typical. When I arrived at 3pm to check in after a 2 plus hour drive from the Bay Area, the clerk told me that my room wasn't ready yet. This surprised me, but I didn't make a fuss and asked how long it would be. I was told 30 to 40 more minutes. I said okay and came back 40 minutes later and the clerk told me that my room still wasn't ready. She checked with house keeping who said it would be another 45 minutes. At this point I was tired and disappointed in the lack of professionalism so I told them to cancel my reservation and that I would find another hotel. The clerk said that since I booked my room through Expedia I could only cancel through them which made things even more frustrating. I asked to speak to a manager but no one was available. I was about to leave when the clerk said that she would book me into another room that was available. I have no idea why this wasn't done when I first checked in, but I would call this hotel ahead of time to make sure your room will be ready and having a room ready for arriving guests is a priority.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Large clean quiet king sized room, with free hot breakfast, wifi, hd TV, on-site bar/restaurant, off-street free parking for $79 (we found an online $20 off special). We stayed one night on our way to Yosemite; would stay again. Close to shopping and good restaurants as well.

• Stayed May 2014
San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I tried this hotel after reading positive things about it. After one night here I'm not sure how it got any positive reviews.

The two rooms I had were super dated - something out of the 1960s, but not in a good way. The reason I had two rooms was due to the need to change after the AC unit in my first room stopped working. The one positive was that upon hearing about my trouble the staff were quick to try and fix the problem, and did so in a polite manner. The other major issue was the terrible wireless internet. The signal was very weak and my devices were almost useless even when connected. A good wireless connection is essential for working in the evenings! I did not try the breakfast as I just wanted to leave as soon as possible. Had it not been for the AC unit and poor wireless then I would have rated this hotel as average, however those two things are essential these days and should not be regarded as a luxury.

I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here then make sure you ask for a room with a decent wireless signal and a worki...