“Good choice in Fresno” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Good choice in Fresno”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Rooms of the hotel are situated in different buildings in a nice facility. The staff was friendly and the hotel restaurant was quite good... But the breakfast a was unusual for europeans.

Value for money was alright.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My family and I visited Fresno from July 26-28, 2013 for a weekend getaway to Yosemite. I enjoyed my stay at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw. At first glance the hotel may seem outdated, but let me assure you that the rooms and amenities are not. The furniture is updated, room has granite counter, and a LED TV. The room I stayed in was big, clean, quiet, and spacious. The shower area and bed were comfortable, since most other beds I've been on are hard. The A/C was powerful and kept the room nice and cool. The pool and the jacuzzi was well kept. They also offer a complimentary breakfast in the morning that is more than just store brought items. You have a wide selection of waffles, cereal, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausages, fresh fruits, and etc. They have free wifi, but the connection isn't great towards the back of the hotel. Even the hallways towards the rooms require a key to get access to your room for safety. The staffs are friendly and helpful when needed. They made me feel very welcomed when I walked through the front entrance. Oliver's Pub and Restaurant had great food and great service! All in all it was a very nice and cozy place. The hotel is located nearby restaurants and shopping centers. I would definitely stay here again given the opportunity!

Orange, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Piccadilly Inn Shaw is a very well maintained property. My family and I planned a weekend getaway and chose Piccadilly Inn Shaw as our rest stop for 3 nights. For the price of a night stay with all the amazing amenities offered, I am very pleased! The staffs are very friendly and responsive. The location is conveniently located to shops and restaurants so when I had a couple hours to spare, I went and did a little touring of the city! The onsite restaurant, Oliver’s Pub & Restaurant is a little gem, be sure to try it out!

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

So nice to get to a hotel where the pool is a great size. Similarly the rooms are spacious and comfortable. A shame that the guest laundry was out of order and that the pillows were a little unforgiving. However, the overall view of this hotel was that it was good value. We ate in Olivers too and the food was excellent quality. A good location to rest up overnight.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here for a visit to King's Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. It was actually a little too far from the park's themselves, more than an hour's drive, but would be a good place to stay in you were visiting Fresno itself. It's a 1970s low-rise building on a main road, but the room I had was comfortable, really large and quiet. There was everything you'd expect in the room including coffee maker, fridge, microwave and modern TV. The air conditioning worked very well and the service was efficient, as you'd expect in a major hotel. I ate two nights in the bar and the food was great, with generous portions and good value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Found this location online and because of good reviews and the location, We chose this hotel with our fingers crossed. Pulling into the front of the hotel is a large sign saying all "Olivers" which is the name of a nice restaurant (that we did not eat at) here on the property. Not realizing that was the entrance also to the hotel lobby we drove around the entire property.

This property has many buildings with 10 rooms (or so) in each building. Lots of nice landscaping and plenty of parking. The front desk staff was very friendly checked us in quickly gave us a map to our room which we found very easily.

The rooms are large and clean with all the expected amenities. We did not use the Wi-Fi, because our Internet service through our phone is so fast we just use it, But we did see it was available. The breakfast is a normal cereal, toast, pastries, fruit and waffles continental breakfast found at many hotels.

We had a chance to sit in the hot tub last night, found it very hot and very clean.

Because our son and daughter-in-law live here we expect return here several times a year and will choose this hotel happily in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
alhambra, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We loved staying at the Picadilly In shaw.
Check in was very quick, rooms were spacious, very clean and quiet. The bed in Picadilly are comfortable beds, especially that I usually don't sleep very well. I didn't have problem falling asleep. New granite counter, New LED TV in the room. It is a beautiful hotel and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. The warmth of the hotel’s employees made us feel pampered and welcome. Hotel is very convenient to shops , all within minute of drive.

Dining: We enjoyed a glorious dinner at Olivers, I ordered Stuffed Potato Skin, New York Steak, Grilled Salmon Salad and Chicken Fettucini for our family, we ate really well. The ambience, service was perfect, the food was 100% spot on, and the price made it worth every cent! My children ate the whole plate w/o reservation. Breakfast was good too, fresh scramble eggs, sausages and own made waffles, different pastries and beverages. you can choose to sit inside the restaurant or outside patio to enjoy your cup of coffee in the morning.

Pool: The pool is located in the center of the hotel. My children and I hung out at the pool every night after dinner. Its kept clean with towel provided. There's also a jacuzzi by our room, I relax in it every night after a swim at the pool, perfect!!

You cannot go wrong with this hotel to be honest, it was a beautiful stay to us, We had a great experience, I can hardly wait until the next time. we can recommend it to friends and to any fresno visitors.Thank you, Picadilly Inn.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a family
Linda

Room Tip: Room on the west have a jaccuzi nearby and is very quiet.