“Excellent value and great customer service.” 4 of 5 stars

You added Piccadilly Inn Shaw to your Saves list
Piccadilly Inn Shaw
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2305 W. Shaw Ave., Fresno, CA 93711   |
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Excellent value and great customer service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

After a long day I decided to stay overnight in Fresno. Although many nearby hotels were sold out, Piccadilly Inn was able to accommodate me. They even went above and beyond and agreed to match the price quoted on Priceline.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Tehachapi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very clean pool and jacuzzi, nice grounds, excellent comfy bed, friendly helpful staff. Best thing is the pub which you enter through the hotel lobby. Oliver's. GREAT food, service and prices!
Even though this hotel turned out not to be in the closest, most convenient location to the things we needed to do in Fresno, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

All the staff we met at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. Our airline lost our luggage and my husband and I had to spend the first night of our honeymoon here without any personal belongings! The staff at the hotel were so kind and empathetic (the opposite of the airline staff), and offered us plenty of toiletries to see us through. They also offered us a late checkout with no charge, and we could make local calls to the airline from the phone in our room without charge. It is a shame we didn't have a swimsuit otherwise we would have made use of the lovely pool. Breakfast was very good and there was plenty of choice. Great value for money. Just a shame it is a $35 cab ride to/from the airport. A very pleasant hotel with great staff, who we would like to thank for all their kindness.

Room Tip: We stayed in a motel style room, probably one of the basic rooms onsite, but it was very large and c...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

It's worth it for the price. A few things to know. It's an older establishment therefore w u will see little details are lacking. Example: the door knob stopper on the wall did not work. The top of the faucet was falling off. So be prepared for that. Pretty growns. Free breakfast was outside and crowded so that didn't work for my husband. But remember I think it is still good for price.

Room Tip: Good for price
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry that our door knob stopper and faucet in your room were not up to our regular standards. Our maintenance team will check both of those items immediately. This weekend was very busy and the breakfast was moved to Patio, we strive to keep our breakfast stocked and available to all guests, maybe next visit to Fresno you will have an opportunity to enjoy the breakfast inside the Pub.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel was nice for short weekend staying close to yosimite, we found it by a friend recommendation, and was glad we did, nice clean rooms, staff there are very helpful, breakfast is good and FREE! it an hour more drive to Yosimte but awesome place to stay, huge huge rooms, not too old is sometimes better, this place look like the higher end hotels or private home in the area, but not the same price, I will pick this place again if i come to stay here on my next trip.

Room Tip: not bad for place to stay in Fresno...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We thank you for your feedback. I am glad you choose to stay at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw for your hotel needs. We pride ourselves in offering the friendliest staff, comfortable rooms and always strive to make sure our breakfast is always fresh and available to all our guests to enjoy. We look forward to your next visit to Fresno.
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friends and I booked this hotel as a cheap alternative to the more expensive rooms closer to Yosemite, as Fresno was the closest city to Yosemite (only an hour drive). We all had a great experience at Piccadilly Inn and was glad we stayed here for our 3-day trip to Yosemite.

Service 5/5
Everyone was overly nice! We arrived late at night and the woman working the front desk was very friendly and helpful, something I don't usually encounter at cheaper inns. We bumped into the cleaning lady twice and both times she was very friendly towards us. We also ate dinner at the hotel restaurant (Oliver's) the second night and the waiter who served us kept our glasses flowing and attended to us extremely well. Not to mention the food was much better than expected, I got the Chicken Marsala with a side of Clam Chowder, both of which were full of taste. We gave a big tip :) Also bumped into two maintenance guys who were full of smiles.

Rooms 5/5
My girlfriend and I shared a king room and it was HUGE! (Check out the picture) Bathroom was fully stocked, fridge included, nice flat screen TV, working AC, plenty of lights.

Amenities 5/5
There was a nice pool in the center of the complex. Also had a putting green and a jacuzzi. We didn't use any of them since we were in Yosemite during the day, but would have loved to utilize those facilities.

The only complaint I would have is that the AC was not the quietest when running, although it wasn't any louder than other similar hotels such as Days Inn or Ramada Inn.

Overall it was a great place to stay and I'm happy we chose it over a much more expensive lodging by Yosemite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We strive to offer the best rates and comfortable rooms in Fresno. I am happy that you were able to experience dinner in Oliver’s and hope that next time you visit Fresno that you will be able to enjoy all our other amenities. I am really glad that our staff were able to meet all your expectations and always had there smiles on.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel was a treat and great surprise, we found it by accident, and was glad we did, nice clean rooms, staff there are very helpful, breakfast is good, I will stay here before I stay at the other hotels, it a few minutes more drive to the base here in fresno but awesome place to stay, huge huge rooms, old is sometimes better, rooms look like the higher end hotels in the area, but not the same price, I will give up my rewards points to stay here on my next trip here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have served the Fresno area for over 35 years and strive to keep make sure all our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. Our rooms are 400 sq. ft. and we are in the process of making some more improvements. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for your review

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!