“great place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Los Angeles, California
“great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel was nice for short weekend staying close to yosimite, we found it by a friend recommendation, and was glad we did, nice clean rooms, staff there are very helpful, breakfast is good and FREE! it an hour more drive to Yosimte but awesome place to stay, huge huge rooms, not too old is sometimes better, this place look like the higher end hotels or private home in the area, but not the same price, I will pick this place again if i come to stay here on my next trip.

Room Tip: not bad for place to stay in Fresno...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We thank you for your feedback. I am glad you choose to stay at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw for your hotel needs. We pride ourselves in offering the friendliest staff, comfortable rooms and always strive to make sure our breakfast is always fresh and available to all our guests to enjoy. We look forward to your next visit to Fresno.

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My friends and I booked this hotel as a cheap alternative to the more expensive rooms closer to Yosemite, as Fresno was the closest city to Yosemite (only an hour drive). We all had a great experience at Piccadilly Inn and was glad we stayed here for our 3-day trip to Yosemite.

Service 5/5
Everyone was overly nice! We arrived late at night and the woman working the front desk was very friendly and helpful, something I don't usually encounter at cheaper inns. We bumped into the cleaning lady twice and both times she was very friendly towards us. We also ate dinner at the hotel restaurant (Oliver's) the second night and the waiter who served us kept our glasses flowing and attended to us extremely well. Not to mention the food was much better than expected, I got the Chicken Marsala with a side of Clam Chowder, both of which were full of taste. We gave a big tip :) Also bumped into two maintenance guys who were full of smiles.

Rooms 5/5
My girlfriend and I shared a king room and it was HUGE! (Check out the picture) Bathroom was fully stocked, fridge included, nice flat screen TV, working AC, plenty of lights.

Amenities 5/5
There was a nice pool in the center of the complex. Also had a putting green and a jacuzzi. We didn't use any of them since we were in Yosemite during the day, but would have loved to utilize those facilities.

The only complaint I would have is that the AC was not the quietest when running, although it wasn't any louder than other similar hotels such as Days Inn or Ramada Inn.

Overall it was a great place to stay and I'm happy we chose it over a much more expensive lodging by Yosemite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We strive to offer the best rates and comfortable rooms in Fresno. I am happy that you were able to experience dinner in Oliver’s and hope that next time you visit Fresno that you will be able to enjoy all our other amenities. I am really glad that our staff were able to meet all your expectations and always had there smiles on.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

The hotel was a treat and great surprise, we found it by accident, and was glad we did, nice clean rooms, staff there are very helpful, breakfast is good, I will stay here before I stay at the other hotels, it a few minutes more drive to the base here in fresno but awesome place to stay, huge huge rooms, old is sometimes better, rooms look like the higher end hotels in the area, but not the same price, I will give up my rewards points to stay here on my next trip here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have served the Fresno area for over 35 years and strive to keep make sure all our guests have an enjoyable stay with us. Our rooms are 400 sq. ft. and we are in the process of making some more improvements. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again for your review
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We stayed at your Inn a year ago and was comfortable with the service and the room. We just left your Inn June 2nd 2013 and was quite disappointed in the change of customer service and in our room we killed one cockroach and came home with one in our suitcase!!!

We have not been to a hotel or inn that has had bugs in 30 years!!! The commode would run constantly after flushing. The customer service greeting when we arrived was so not helpful or courteous when we asked if we could check in early if our room was ready!!

You have a bartender who does not know how to make cocktails at your bar. Two women order some kind of Martini and they returned them because they did not taste the way they should. The bartender said he googled the recipe and made it exactly as it said!! I was sitting at the bar when this conversation happened. Also, you have a bar for your customers and patrons but do not carry champagne??? what if we were a couple celebrating our anniversary?? no such luck because you do not sell enough to have on the premises! Very disappointing indeed and you lost money at the bar.

We come to Clovis every year for the Track & Field Championships and will not be returning again.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the back of Inn because the Shaw Avenue is very noisy with traffic if you like qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dedham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Piccadilly Inn in Fresno. My family flew in on a late flight and needed a place to crash before picking up our rental RV the next day, and so we stayed at the Piccadilly Inn. Please note that this is NOT the Piccadilly Inn by the airport, this is several miles away. It's straightforward to get to while driving, but if you need something by the airport, this isn't it.

The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I was especially pleased by the breakfast they had in the morning - they had danishes and cereal and other breakfasty things you usually find in hotels, but they also had sausage and eggs that were quite good! And the room the breakfast was served in was large and had a lot of character, unlike most dreary breakfast setups you find at other places.

I only have two gripes about the Piccadilly Inn. First, when we arrived, it was quite hot in Fresno and the in-room air conditioner was pretty feeble and it took several hours to cool down the room. It did work eventually though, and I actually woke up feeling cold. Second, the shower head was quite low - I'm 5'10" (so not really that tall) and it was slightly too low for me.

Apart from that, though, it was great. If I'm ever back in Fresno (which is unlikely, but you never know) I'll try to stay here again.

Room Tip: The hotel is actually several two-story buildings with outside stairs to access the second floors. I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Piccadilly Inn Shaw for your Fresno visit. We value your feedback. Fresno has had some warm weather early this year, so a working air conditioner is a must. I am sorry it took some time to cool down, but glad that it finally did. Our breakfast is very important to us and our guests, so I am glad you enjoyed all we had to offer. If you ever find yourself back in Fresno, please FresYes and stay with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The grounds of this hotel are very interesting, looks like an old apartment complex with studios. There are many building with rooms in it and it makes it a little hard to find your room. The pictures looked great online but I was NOT happy when we arrived. The building that our room was in looked like it had old carpets and weird things on the doors. The rooms are very outdated although there are granite countertops in the bathroom. The beds were extremely hard, I couldn't sleep. I cannot comment on check-in because I stayed in the car while my husband went it. He did mention there were drunk chicks at the bar being pretty loud. The pool is separate from the hot tub, that was nice. Breakfast was boring, we went around 8:40am and the biscuits were rock hard but the gravy was pretty good.

I think if they removed the wallpaper and painted the rooms a neutral color that would really update the room and lighten it, it was a bit dark. Change the bedding, window coverings, old gold lamps to something newer.

Overall, this place is not 4 stars, maybe 3. With some updates this place could definitely be 4 stars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable comments and feedback. We are on 7 ½ acres with many single level bungalows, we strive to give good room directions to our guest to assist them to getting to our rooms, I am sorry that you had trouble locating your room. We have new owners and part of our updates have been granite and next will be the bedding, our goal is to change out lamps and wallpaper in the future as well. Our complimentary breakfast is very important to us, so we appreciate the comments; we change items we offer throughout the year so Biscuits will be one of the changes. We look forward to your next stay with us and hopefully we can be at 4 stars
Monterey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Here for our daughter's graduation from California State University Fresno. Comfortable beds, nice TV, clean. Very good hot breakfast., scrambled eggs sausages, waffles, oatmeal, toast, mini muffins, cold cereal, OJ, coffee, ice water, fresh fruit. Ample seating, helpful and attentive staff. Will stay here again! Great value. Comfortable for my 80 some year old mother. My husband and I went to college here 30 years ago and remembered this hotel, it was a step down memory lane.

Room Tip: Small refrigerator in room. Lots of mirrors for us girls! FYI if you are traveling with an elderly...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw and leaving your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad our staff was helpful and your family was comfortable. Yes, we have been serving Fresno for over 35 years, we are under new ownership and they understand how important it is to be part of the Community. Go Dogs!! We look forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!