“Piccadilly Inn Fresno, Shaw” 5 of 5 stars

Piccadilly Inn Shaw
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2305 W. Shaw Ave., Fresno, CA 93711   |
Ranked #19 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Monterey
“Piccadilly Inn Fresno, Shaw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Here for our daughter's graduation from California State University Fresno. Comfortable beds, nice TV, clean. Very good hot breakfast., scrambled eggs sausages, waffles, oatmeal, toast, mini muffins, cold cereal, OJ, coffee, ice water, fresh fruit. Ample seating, helpful and attentive staff. Will stay here again! Great value. Comfortable for my 80 some year old mother. My husband and I went to college here 30 years ago and remembered this hotel, it was a step down memory lane.

Room Tip: Small refrigerator in room. Lots of mirrors for us girls! FYI if you are traveling with an elderly...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw and leaving your comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad our staff was helpful and your family was comfortable. Yes, we have been serving Fresno for over 35 years, we are under new ownership and they understand how important it is to be part of the Community. Go Dogs!! We look forward to your next visit with us.

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My family spent two nights here for a softball tournament. I didn't expect much and my expectations were met. The rooms are very dated, but good sized. When we first entered the room it smelled musty but after an hour with the windows open it was fine. While the AC controls had what appeared to be a thermostat and fan control, it seemed to only function as heat or cold and the fan control only worked on high. basically it could have been replaced by a single AC on/off switch. The first night I went to sleep warm and woke up at 3:00 am freezing. We managed it okay once we realized what was up. There was a silverfish (bug) in the tub, but honestly who's home doesn't have the occasional bug crawl in. I saw no others the rest of my stay, so I'll give a pass on that. The pool was clean and the desk responded promptly to a call for a request for the pool towels to be restocked. Breakfast pretty standard, self serve waffle makers, heat and serve sausage and scrambled eggs from a bag. This review may seem negative, but that is not the intent. My stay was exactly what I expected from the location and the price point.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your stay, we appreciate it. Thank you for the suggestion on the single AC on/off switch. I am happy we met your overall expectations. We look forward to your next stay.
Portola Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was aware that the hotel was dated, but yet clean. Found it that way. Was visiting for a funeral and just was in need of a nights rest. When I went turn off the lights they would turn off but came back on 5 minutes or so later. I did this multiple times and realized something was wrong. The young man at the desk tried to help but his suggestions were not possible...ie. come to the front desk and I will give you paper and tape to cover the light sensor. I am a female alone, unpacked and in my pajama's, multiple buildings away...then I asked if I could move rooms but not my belongings. Yes, I could, but again, buildings away. I opted to stay put. The next morning I went to the front desk, was told to come back when the manager arrived, did so. The manager was across the street having a meeting. The front desk attendant was so rude. I didn't want anything but how about an apology for the inconvenience. This establishment has an appalling lack of customer appreciation and I would never patronize this business again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize that you did not enjoy you’re stay with us. We clearly had many opportunities to make your stay more enjoyable. We have had additional training with staff regarding customer appreciation and how to properly explain how to use the lights switches in guest rooms. Again, I do apologize, this is not our standard operating procedures, and hope you would give us another chance if you’re every back in Fresno.
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We really liked this hotel. After the registration and room assignment process, we proceeded to our room, and finding it a bit stuffy, we turned on the air conditioner. It ran for about a minute and stopped. We turned the AC back on and got the same result. We contacted the front desk for assistance. Within three minutes three of the hotel’s maintenance staff arrived to analyze the problem and determined that the unit needed to be replaced. They removed the old unit and within ten minutes a new unit was installed! That’s customer service at its finest! The clean, spacious room was well maintained and included a refrigerator; which we found most handy, free internet access, and one of the most comfortable beds we’ve ever slept on. We found the staff, from front desk to housekeeping to maintenance, to be courteous, friendly, and professional. We especially liked and appreciated Laura, from housekeeping, who attended our room. She made sure we had plenty of clean towels and anything else we needed. Special thanks to her; she was the greatest. The hotel also offers an expanded continental breakfast which we enjoyed every morning. The hotel also has a lovely courtyard which includes a pool and several orange trees with fresh oranges; in season of course. You will find it difficult to find similar accommodations anywhere for less than one hundred dollars per night. We would definitely stay there again and we highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We are happy to hear that we met your expectations during your stay with us. I appreciate your feedback about the staff, grounds and overall experience. We hope when you are back in the Fresno area you choose the Piccadilly Inn Shaw for your next visit.
Sumter, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel is quite nice. The units are all one story and spread out over a wide area. I was pleased with the room and staff. There is a pool, carpet golf, hot tub (spa) and a very nice restaurant. The breakfast was limited but good. I don't see where the negative reports are coming from.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are currently under renovation in our rooms. The following are some of the changes new granite tops in bathrooms and sleeping room, Flat Screen TV, 32 channels including HBO and new Menu in Oliver's Pub. We look forward to your next stay and showing off our new exciting changes that have made.
Auburn, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I loved this place. It is quiet, large and very clean rooms. Nice restaurant (although I didn't eat there) with standard type free breakfast. The staff was nice and friendly. There is a lovely courtyard in the middle of the units which was very nice. Pool was closed for winter though, other than that, it was great. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet your needs. We look forward to your next visit, and showing you all the changes that we are currently making.
Chico, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Believe the reviews that tell you this hotel is old and dated. They are all correct. The rooms are large, and they do have new flat screen TVs, but after that it is downhill. The heating and air units are NOISY and really do not work well at all. For all of the racquet it was making very little air was coming out of it. The bathroom was very dated and very dusty. And that theme of outdated and old just seemed to be everywhere you went. Now -- if you are attending an event there you certainly can get by. And the price is below what you would have to pay over in the River Park area. But take my advice -- go elsewhere if at all possible. The one point about this hotel that was nice was the bar/resturant area. Those you do not find in some of the newer facilities and it was nice to be able to get a sandwich and a drink at the end of the day. But that is really the only feature about this hotel that I can recommend. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We are indeed making changes to our rooms including, granite tops in our bathrooms, sleeping rooms, flat screen TV’s 32 channels including HBO. We are on 7.5 acres with 2 different types of HVAC units in our sleeping rooms, I am sorry to hear that your unit was not in working order to your satisfaction. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed Oliver’s Pub, we have revised the menu and extended our Happy Hour hours and options. We hope that you give us another opportunity to show you all the changes.

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!