“Old and tired” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Lake Tahoe
“Old and tired”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This motel is in need of a serious upgrade. Both times I've stayed here in the past few months for work, I found the rooms old and tired. The hvac system is noisy. One stay the television didn't work and the other there was a dead spider in my bed. It realy seemed like no one had occupied the rooms I was in for quite awhile. Forget the onsite restaurant; it's overpriced and quality is low. Many other sleeping options on Shaw that are better kept. I guess you can't expect much for the price point. But I'd definately pick somewhere else to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stays with us. We are currently renovating our rooms at this time. All rooms have new 32 or 37 Flat screen TV’s, offering 32 channels including HBO, granite in the bathrooms and sleeping rooms and updated bedding. Oliver’s Pub is also going thru some new changes, including new Dinner menu, happy hour offerings and extended hours of operation. We have informed our housekeeping staff about the spider in the bed and additional training will be done so that others will not experience what you did. If you are back in Fresno area, I ask that you give us another opportunity to show you what changes have been to the Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Felton, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel had large rooms, nice pool and grounds area and a very nice expanded continental breakfast. We were very happy with our choice to stay here. The desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant and bar had good food but the service was a little slow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback and comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently renovating the rooms, with Flat Screen TV’s, 32 cable channels including HBO. I am glad your meal in Oliver’s was good, and we do apologize that service was slow. We are making many changes to Oliver’s Pub as well, including new dinner menu and happy hour offerings. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We travel to Fresno between two and five times a year and have for the past seven years. Each time we make a visit we stay at the Picadilly in Shaw. Our family is pleased with the clean, friendly accommodations and enjoy the waffles and breakfast to boot! While the Picadilly Inn Shaw may not be the newest hotels you will be hard pressed to find another hotel in Fresno that has the dedication to customer satisfaction and amenities for the price. A definite winner.

Room Tip: The suites in the golf coursed named rooms are perfect for extended stays with children.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed you stay with us. We are about to begin some upgrades to our sleeping rooms, we hope that next time you visit Fresno, you stay with us again and check out our all our new changes.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw a few times now and each visit I have been very happy with the value for money. The rooms are always clean, well maintained, and are quite spacious. I will definately stay here again! The hotel also serves a complimentary continental breakfast in the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your sleeping room meet your expectations. Our Breakfast is served daily in Oliver's Pub and we are always looking for ways to improve, I am glad you were able to enjoy it.
Sanger, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were in need of a last minute hotel on New Years and were pleasantly surprised with the quick accomadations available for our stay @ Piccadilly Inn Hotel on West Shaw in Fresno, Ca. The accessibility to near by freeways were a plus, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms were a Bonus!

Room Tip: Definitely 3Star or Above Quality..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
I am glad we were able to help you Ring in the New Year. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We have some new upgrades happening soon and look forward to your next stay with us.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here overnight for a family get together in Fresno. Pros: the location is good , plenty of free parking, there is a complimentary breakfast.the room was clean and good size and the bed was comfortable. We paid $89 for a dbl room with 2 queen beds on a Sat night.
Cons: The rooms are decorated in 80's decor, mauve and burgundy everywhere, shiny brass, old 20 in TVs. Cultured marble sinks in the bathroom and shower are likely from the 70's.
The complimentary breakfast is held in their bar area which is cozy with a fireplace. However, they ran out of biscuits and coffee creamer. The biscuits were substituted with sausage which was good but quickly was gobbled up by the high number of guests eating breakfast. it was odd that all of the plates were china with real silverware but the coffee cups were styrofoam.

Room Tip: Avoid any room facing the parking lot or street; the rooms facing the courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for recent visit to the Piccadilly Inn Shaw and your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear your room was comfortable and the breakfast met your needs. The Piccadilly Inn Shaw has changed ownership and with this comes great changes. Some of the many changes include new flat screen TV’s, additional TV channel options, bathroom’s countertops will have new granite and also updating of our bedding. This has begun and should all be complete by Spring 2013. If you find yourself back in Fresno, please give us an opportunity to show you all our changes.

Paula Flores
Cleburne, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is an older hotel that has not been updated since the 1980's. Though it was very clean and the rooms were very spacious. The front staff was nice. Though I checked in late in the evening, and he gave me the room number and some vague directions to the room, and it was pretty dark walking to the room. Breakfast and WIFI were included.

I reserved the room online. After I checked the price I called the hotel to see if they would match it, which the would not. This was a fine hotel for the price I paid. But, if I had paid any more I would have thought I had overpaid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear your room met your needs. We are under new ownership and are currently updating our rooms, which includes new bedding, TV’s, granite and also additional TV channels. I am very sorry to hear that my staff was not able to match your rate. We always do our best to honor price match requests, as long as the availability. If you are ever back in Fresno in the next couple months, please give us an opportunity to show you all our new changes.

Paula Flores

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!