“Spring for a little more ammenities. And refresh the bed linens.” 3 of 5 stars

Piccadilly Inn Shaw
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2305 W. Shaw Ave., Fresno, CA 93711   |
Ranked #19 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Pismo Beach, California
“Spring for a little more ammenities. And refresh the bed linens.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Reserved our 1 night stay at the last minute on Hotwire.com. Being a native of this area originally, I know this used to be a very nice place to stay. Well, that was 30 years ago, and I think that's how old most the furnishings in the room are. Haha. We paid $71 plus tax, well not bad I guess, but bring extra pillows, and some soap for the shower because you just get the one so make up your mind, wash your hands after the restroom, or use it to wash your...you know, in the shower? How much can 2 bars cost? The rooms really need updating, and the chair and ottoman have seen better days. I immediately toss the bedspread on the floor. After watching Hotels Impossible, I wont even put my dirty feet on it. The TV was still a big boxy one, i thought those were extinct? It looks tiny in the huge cabinet. Oh, and there was a tiny refrigerator inside of the door of the cabinet. Couldnt use the freezer section because it had tons of frost on it. It wasn't a spectacular room, but it was ok. They didn't put us on the busy street side of the hotel so that was nice. I actually think we were about the only ones in our wing, so pretty quiet. But then it was only a Wednesday night. The weekends get noisy because of wedding parties and receptions hosted here.

• Stayed November 2012
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Indeed we have some upgrading to do and our new ownership is in fact springing for many new amenities. We are currently installing new TV’s in all 188 rooms, upgraded channels, removal of bedspreads and new pillows. I am sorry that our housekeeping staff failed to defrost the in room refrigerator, during your stay. Yes, the single level bungalows are the most requested due to the location and being away from the street. We hope if you ever visit Fresno again, you give us another opportunity to show off all our upgrades.

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here the weekend of my wedding and it was the hotel choice of our wedding guests. They first off gave us a great deal on the rooms. The staff was very accomidating with all of our wedding party needs. The rooms are nice and clean. The location cannot be beat. Breakfast was included each morning of the stay.

I have to make a point to say that Michelle at the front desk went above and beyond for me. Anything I asked of her it was taken care of. She always had a smile on her face and even our guests commented on how nice, kind and professional she was. She was the shinning star of the Piccadilly staff.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

Room Tip: They are currently upgrading rooms. Try and get an upgraded room. And get to breakfast early on the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kinds words about Michelle. I am glad you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently upgrading our rooms, so next time you find yourself in Fresno; I hope you stay with again.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

.. and get a grip here on all the critical reviews! It is a solid place to stay in a pretty good area of Fresno. Yes, dated a bit with the cottage cheese ceilings but my room was super clean with newer carpeting, clean bathroom, plenty of space, free internet access, free parking. And a hot breakfast included with real scrammbled eggs, sausage, bagels, juice and hot coffee. Where else can one get all of the above for $90 per night?

It was a business trip, so I had supper in the restaurant. My tomato soup tasted like someone poured a can of marinara sauce onto a plate. So, do not order the tomato soup. But, my steak salad was good with fresh greens and plenty of thinly sliced, perfectly grilled meat. And the service was very pleasant.

This place really stands out in its category.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your valuable feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently upgrading our rooms to include flat screens, updated channel options, new pillows and bedding. We strive to keep our breakfast fresh and I am glad we meet your expectations. I am sorry to hear that your soup was not up to our standards. We have a new Chef and quality tasting of our soup de jour every night is now being tasted and approved before being served in Oliver’s Pub. If you’re ever back in Fresno again please stay with us and check out our new updated rooms and try our new dinner options in the Pub.
Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I flew from out of state to go to the local VA hospital here. First they matched the expedia price i found online without having to go through expedia. I told them I'm coming to goto the hospital, they were very helpful. I had lots of questions on the area, how close they are to the airport, the VA hospital, reliable cab services, etc....all were met with friendly answers. The front staff were prompt and courteous. Happy hour was a good deal. Excellent food! If you've never had blue cheese fried...you need to. I had to catch a cab before 6am, their breakfast time, I asked the manager if they would give me a bagel and a piece of fruit the night before. Not only did I get a bagel and fruit, I got a metal tray full of samples of everything they had to offer! The bartender was exceptionally friendly. The rooms were nice and clean, nothing fancy but clean these days is hard to find. Outstanding stay. I had a ton of weight on my shoulders from my surgery, they made the medical trip much easier.

Room Tip: Avoid where you see kids. The hotel is a set of "suites" with about 6-10 rooms in each se...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you Mark for your valuable feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took care of you. If you are ever back in Fresno (hopefully not for a hospital visit) please stay or stop by and see all the changes that are happening at the property.
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I really liked this hotel. The staff was pleasant, the room was clean and spacious, and the beds were reasonably comfortable. I'd recommend that you turn the A/C down before the sun goes down, unless you are a penguin and like it frozen when you get back from wherever you've been. Otherwise, though, this place had a nice temporary living space, with a little dining table, a fridge (but not microwave), coffee machine, and a cute little vanity area for me to put my makeup on. Also appreciated the free wi-fi and comfy office chair. TV channel selection was wanting, but I didn't come to Fresno to watch TV. The kids were able to find something to keep them appeased. The free breakfast was okay--no eggs or bacon as I was expecting, just waffles, bagels, sweet rolls, fruit, and cereal. I also was told by the front desk that the property has recently changed ownership and they will be renovating the rooms soon. They seemed fine to me, although my husband noted some water damage to the carpet. And if you like that kind of thing, I guess soon they will be putting in big-screen TV's, although honestly I don't see why that's ever a big draw for anyone. But if you need a clean and safe place to stay for a night or two, the Picadilly is a good choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valuable feed back. We have indeed under new ownership and many postive changes are happening. Upgrading our breakfast is one of those changes, and we are currently painting the exterior of the property and will be upgrading bathrooms, Television's and TV channels. If your back in the Fresno area in the next couple months, I hope you stay with us again and experience the many changes that are happening.
Anaheim Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past decade. It was originally very nice and well kept. Lately it has declined steadily. My last stay was two weeks ago. The first morning I had to leave very early and personally asked the front desk manager to have my room cleaned first thing because I was going to return later that morning. When I came back, housekeeping had been cleaning rooms for two hours but my room had not been touched. The front office blamed housekeeping and vice versa. The ice machine near my room was out of order and there was no other machine closer. I had to walk all the way to the office to get ice--it was 109 degrees that day. The telephones in my room kept malfunctioning and even afer the engineer attempted to fix things the phone service was intermittent at best. I had to use my cell to contact the front office. In fairness, they did offer to move me but I had too much stuff to move, I just used my own phone. I tried to wash some clothes and noticed that there is one washer and one drier for the entire facility! There was no soap or fabric softener in the wash room or the adjoining vending machine. When I asked about this at the office, the clerk told me that the vending company refused to discuss it with them. My question was, "Who is working for whom?" Can you not work out some other way to help your guests? Wow! Another guest, also waiting for ice, was equally displeased and made the comment that I was thinking...."Now I know why it's just $84 a night!"

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the valuable feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. I apologize that our staff did not take responsibility for the mishap with your room cleaning request and that your phone in the room did not work properly. I am glad to hear that my staff did offer to move your room, what we didn't do is to let you know is that we do offer soaps at the front desk for the guest laundry room. I am happy to say that all ice machines are all in working condition and we are under new ownership and are currently undergoing some renovations property wide. We hope that if you are ever back in the Fresno area that you stay with us again and let us met your expectations during your next stay.
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at the Piccadilly Shaw for business and found it to be pleasant with helpful staff. The grounds are very well maintained, as have been noted by others, and the pool was a welcome sight on a 95 degree day. The whole hotel might benefit from a face lift, as the compound felt like a time warp to the mid 1980's. The walls were a little thin and the bathroom fixtures could use an upgrade. Nevertheless, the room was clean, appropriately climate controlled, and at a good price. There is not a lot within walking distance in terms of restaurants and attractions, but this is a common problem in a car-centered city like Fresno.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the road will obviously have less noise, as will corner units.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy to hear that we met your expections during your stay with us. We are currently under new ownership and are happy to say that we are indeed refreshing the property, from exterior paint to new Television's, improved channels, bathroom upgrades and many more upgrades property wide. If you find yourself back in the Fresno area, please stay with us again and see the changes that have been made.

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!