“1st & last stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Fort Worth, Texas
“1st & last stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My father, mother & I stayed at this hotel on May 24,2012 - checked out May 27, 2012. This was our very 1st visit to Fresno, Ca. We came from Texas as a surprise for my Uncle's Wedding. This hotel was recommended by a family member because it is located across the street from Pardini's, which is where my Uncle's wedding took place.
We stayed in the Augusta Building and although the rooms were spacious they were really out-dated. We could have did without the spider webbs & spiders. The top surface of the rooms were clean. But I dropped my earring & looked for it under the bed, well that's when I discovered all the spider-Webbs.
The t.v., only has a few channels they call cable, Not!!! My Dad is a major sports & movies person. He had to leave everyday & go visit with my cousin just to watch real cable television. Which was very inconvenience to my handicap father. Somedays he just wanted to hang in the room while me & my mom went shopping around.
The bathroom....OMG!!! It took us 1 hour each just to take a shower, due to the Hot Water Running slower than my 90 year old Grandmother walks. The tub was not something I would sit in to take a bath, it had rust & stained dirt spots. We can not forget about the spiders & their webbs in the bathroom as well....
The beds were so hard felt as if I was sleeping on a pile of bricks. Didn't make for a good night sleep.

Now, I will say the maid staff was super super nice, the breakfast was really good & the location was great.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back were the Augusta Building is located is out-dated.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Thank you for your valued comments. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. We clearly were not up to our usualy standards. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We have made improvements and changes in our housekeeping standards and Television ,channel options and mattresses are something that is part of our upgrading process. We hope if your ever back in Fresno, that you give us another opportunity to show you all our changes and improvements.

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Our stay was comfortable. The room was clean. Management was accommodative in giving us an extra night even though they were heavily booked for the weekend. Did not get a chance to try the pool or jacuzzi it was a busy weekend, hardly stayed in the room. The television remote did not work, but the wifi I used open my iPad made it up, I hardly watch tv.it was quiet. Its not the ritz or Boston but it was okay for the price. But if you want luxury this is not the place for you. I have stayed in plush places and not even sure you can find a place like that in Fresno. Personally I love. Hotels that spend time on the little things like featherdown comforters and dainty toiletries in the bathroom. I did use the coffee maker and it worked fine. We had a problem with the door locking which we reported to management luckily nothing was stolen.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your valued comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry that your locks were not working, guest safety, and securing valueables are one of our highest priorities. Thank you again for reporting the incident to our staff.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

After staying in the Clovis area I found this old gem which was much closer to shopping areas and had a much better rate. The hotel itself is a little blast from the early 90's past, but it is very clean, affordable and ideally located right in the middle of old and new Fresno. Good internet speed, but not too many TV channels to pick from.

Room Tip: I've heard rumor of getting a better rate if you book online using their website.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank your for your comments and feedback. I am glad that after serving the Fresno area for over 36 years that you found Fresno's (old gem) We look forward to your next stay with us and your always welcome to contact the hotel direct and ask for the Best Available Rate.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Front desk staff was VERY friendly. Rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Great location as there are many different places to eat. Had to drive to most, but we preferred to eat at a little Mexican restaurant in the strip mall next to the hotel. Easy to walk to. Great food. Had the continental breakfasts at the hotel. Was good for what we normally eat in the mornings.
Only negatives we had was that the ice machines were not working and neither was the jacuzzi. We had to get our ice from the front desk, which normally wouldn't have been too bad......but it was raining.
Will definitely choose this hotel again when we come back to this area.

Room Tip: If you want quiet...choose the rooms at the far right of the complex.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

stayed at the place for one night for business.
It's really more of a golf hotel, not a business place, to be fair. The wifi didn't really work and the room was a bit on the old/dated side, though it was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: the hotel is spread out into various bungalows... some of them are quite a hike from the hotel lobby...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

This hotel was undoubtedly built before property prices escalated. Located on the north side of Fresno, about 2 miles east of Highway 99, it is situated on about 7 acres. There are multiple one and two-story buildings spread out in a garden setting. Rooms are spacious. There is a dressing area as well as a large bathroom. Lighting is good. Windows open for fresh air. The room had a desk with 2 chairs, sofa-chair, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer and full length mirror.
There was an analog t.v. The climate control unit was extremely noisy, so much so that I had to turn it off to sleep. Absent was a refrigerator and microwave, though there was ample space for these items in the room.

The room was clean and well maintained, though the decor was decidedly 1960's.

Breakfast is included in the room rate, but the selection is very basic. The hotel has a restaurant, but it was closed on Sundays when I stayed there. There is an Italian restaurant across the street and some fast food restaurants about a block away.

There is plenty of free parking.

Staff was friendly and accommodating.

Tip: Some rooms at the front of the hotel face Shaw, which is very busy. Rooms toward the center and rear of the hotel have no traffic noise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

The Piccadilly Inn Shaw was a wonderful hotel, in a great area. There were about a dozen rooms in many stand alone buildings around the property and a two story building housing probably 3-4 dozen rooms. The rooms were fantastic! They charge to use the lobby computer????? Free happy hour in the afternoon-early evening was ok if you like spicy chicken, I don't. They also had fruit and cheese. Drinks were half off. Breakfast was nothing special. The scrambled eggs had no flavor and were solid. Juice, coffee, toast and sweet rolls. I've had better. Next time will go out for breakfast. But for the hotel we will certainly stay there again. We did get a great price on the weekend we stayed there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!