“Very impressed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Bay Area, California
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

We just recently stayed (11/30-12/2) at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw, very impressed. The one bedroom, king bed, was very roomy. They serve daily continental breakfast at the restaurant. The desk folks were very polite and knowledgable. It's hotel is on Shaw Street, and that street has everything your looking for. We would highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Korean first
Napa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

This hotel is a step up from the many budget hotels in the area. Rooms are large and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast is actually pretty good. Diner next door is good, too if you want more and very cheap.

Stayed November 2007
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2007

I am a Travel Consultant and had a client whose daughter was getting married in Fresno. She needed a large suite for her accomodations as she would be hosting a little party. Then we also needed several rooms for guests (including my husband and myself) I chose The Picadilly Inn, Shaw because of their location and size of the suite. The cost was also a plus. I was a little concerned prior my arrival because of the great rate I obtained. I was VERY pleansatly surpirsed upon my arrival. The suite was exactly as they had explained and the rooms large (even the ones with 2 queens had lots of "walk around room") The rooms were clean and the grounds very nice. This is an older property, however has been very well maintained. I wasn't too impressed with the complimentary breakfast, however there is a coffee shop across the street. I would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone. Singles, familes, etc.

• Liked — The size and cleanliness of the rooms
  • Disliked — The breakfast
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2007

Stayed here for two nights in May 2007 during a business trip. Hotel is perfectly adequate for a short stay. The romms are housed in separate blocks with their own parking for those with cars. Rooms were spacious, though mine at least was distinctly lacking in natural light - not a big deal in the circumstances. Nice simple breakfast served in the bar / restaurant area. Friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Estes Park, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

Had a room tucked away in the back in a small ranch-style building (they have multiple buildings). Was a little creepy at night, walking down the pathways to the rooms. The facility and rooms appeared to be older than their stated age. The bathroom shower and sink had mildew growing around handbars and faucets. Not something I like to see. If you like quiet, dark solitude, this is a perfect place to stay. We could have heard a pin drop at night.

Stayed March 2007
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2007

I like the Piccadilly Inn Shaw and have stayed here twice on business. It is very quiet and not stuck right on the freeway like some of the big chains nearby. I like this place because it is peaceful and not part of a giant chain. I like the fact that the pool and jacuzzi are not just stuck in there by the road but actually situated in the middle of the property with nice greenery all about and lots of little birds. I like that the trees are older, therefore big and well situated giving a nice, full look to the landscaping rather than the thin, sticky, sparse look many of the newer places have. It just seems sort of specific to Fresno in a charming way.

The rooms are huge. It is maybe a little dated, but very clean and in good shape. There IS free internet access, unlike what another reviewer says, but maybe they just instituted that. There is also a little fitness center and a lovely pool (not heated) and a nice outdoor jacuzzi. The front desk is very friendly and helpful. There is a lot of useful shopping nearby (Whole Foods, Office Max, etc.) There is also a refrigerator in the room. My coworkers aren't thrilled with it though--too far from the action, no elevator to the second floor, and they prefer the modern room design at some of the newer hotels. So, maybe not for everyone.

Stayed January 2007
San Luis Obispo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2007

I stayed here on a business trip in early January. I have some very positive things to say about the hotel. First, the front desk service was extremely friendly and helpful. As an example, the nature of my business was that I was not sure when it would end. It could have been one night or five. As a result, I showed up one evening after 5 and checked out. The front desk did not charge me for a late check out or, worse, another night. They did this without me asking.

The rooms were large and well maintained. It is not a new property and looks a little dated but I did not find that a problem. It was very quiet which was extremely important to me. (Per my review of the Radisson, I left there because of the noise.)

My only complaint is that I couldn't find a luggage cart when I checked out and, since I had 8 boxes of documents with me, it took me a while to load.

• Liked — Front desk service
  • Disliked — Spread out, difficult to get around.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Piccadilly Inn Shaw? Share your experiences!