“TERRIBLE! Cockroaches & heavy smell of smoke” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4080 North Blackstone Avenue, SR 41/Eisenhower Freeway at Ashlan Avenue, Fresno, CA 93726   |
Ranked #52 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Copenhagen, Denmark
“TERRIBLE! Cockroaches & heavy smell of smoke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

It's simple: Dont' stay here! We have stayed in several Motel 6 before and been happy but this is a disgrace to the hotel chain. We came into the room and got thrown back by the smell of - sorry to say- HORSE OR COW MANURE! It was a non smoking room but the smell of old smoke was even heavier than the one of cow s...! On our way out we found a big cockroach. We told the maid and she didn't look like that was very unusual!

The front desk lady was nice and professional. She apologized a lot, gave us free wifi and 10$ off for the inconvenience.

We got a new room. The smoke smell was just as terrible, but it was late, we have a small kid and we just had to take it at that point.

There were no "animals" but smoke holes in the blanket. All the clothes exposed to the beds/linen had to be washed at the next hotel. The smoke smell was incredible. Even our daughters hair smelled of smoke 8 hours after leaving the hotel.

At night we heard a security guard yelling at some people trying to sneak in the back of the hotel. Dogs barking etc.

We are unsure if we will ever stay at a Motel 6 again!

Room Tip: Dont' stay her here! But if you do at least keep away from the narrow alley at back of the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear EmNaMi - We sincerely apologize for the odor, room conditions and disturbances you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Inglewood, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Poor excuse for motel. Horrible rooms, stinky, dirty, unsafe, nothing but criminals , no shampoo, holes in the covers, dangerous area, dirty pool...stay at your own risk. We stayed because it looked ok and

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rome, Italy
1,404 helpful votes 1,404 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We spent onlyone night here and despite of the bad reviews we read before our arrival we had to choose it cos it was the best price for us. we were lucky maybe but we found it quite decent. Staff very helpful indeed. i would recomended it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

this place is really a poor excuse for a motel, The staff is VERY RUDE bunch of people, they never smile or say hi they sure dont make you feel very welcomed, it is obvious they dont care about there job or guests, and it shows, and will use any excuse to get rid of you!,

they have two ice machines but they never seem to work, one reason is they let their security guard fill his ice chest every nite even though there is clearly a sign not to fill the ice chest!,

The police are their almost everyday for one reason or another, they really should rent a room there so they will always be avaiable!!

my advise is to stay at the motel 6 at Ashlan and Blackstone, they wecome you with open arms, and are incredibley out going, i they enjoy their jobs and guests!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Long Beach, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I am presently staying at this very Motel 6 and thought, just for fun, I'd look at the reviews. When I began reading about the sketchy neighborhood and the rooms being used for a short time I heard some noise below. Three police cars swarmed in and cornered a big white Cadillac occupied by 2 rotund and very tattooed ladies. A guy on foot was also apprehended. He was wearing a white, gauzy jumpsuit unzipped to the waist and sporting a huge gold chain necklace. It's been 45 minutes or so and they're all still down there. I've also seen 2 "ladies of the night" strolling on the sidewalk in front when I moved my car so it would be in view of the front office and in the light. And some of the occupants of the motel look like ex-cons. Cars do pull up, like one of the reviewers here noticed, and "visit" friends staying here. Every other one seems to have one if not 3 pit bulls. In fact, earlier a guy rode in on a bike towing a mini-trailer occupied by his pit bull. He, too, stopped in for a visit.

But then there's this room. It was obviously a smoking room in the past, so I was bowled over by the smell of stale smoke and the putrid smell of room deodorant when I walked in. If I weren't so tired I would have asked for a refund and left. It's 103F outside but I have the door and window wide open in hopes that it will help with the odors. I'll close everything up and turn on the AC and put earplugs in and pray that the night goes by quickly.

The wifi works great and the office staff were very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

There are 4 motel 6 in Fresno,ca

I am a resident of the city and I have stayed here a few time( once over night) and let me be honest...the rooms are sub par,TV works at times,shady neighbors the rooms are not in good condition...my serious advice is go deeper i those pockets and go to a different hotel/motel.

Like the review that is titled Scary..it is true,police are usually around,so are hookers ( yuck) and many things that doesn't make a person feel safe and comfortable.

I have stayed in other motel 6's before and this one and the one on olive/99fwy are the worst i ever seen...ever! To those that are traveling...don't stay at these ones...if you meet up with someone after the club...this place is just fine...just being honest! The Motel 6 on Shaw/99 would be the SMART choice.It is about 15 dollars more,but worth it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We needed a convient and economical location to see Yosemite and Sequoia Nat Parks. The first night, the toilet handle broke so we couldn't flush it. The air conditioner was extremely noisy. The mattresses were horribly uncomfortable. But the worse was my bed was full of bedbugs. I didn't realize it at the time but found 60 bites on my body within hours of leaving the hotel. I also recognized bug feces which were described online when I looked it up so I have no doubt about them. We are on the road for two more weeks and I have to figure out which clothes and suitcases are infected and how to clean them out. I didn't feel safe either. The fence around the property had coiled barbed wire, like what is used in prisons.

Room Tip: Go some place else
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Fresno - Blackstone South? Share your experiences!