“Nice friendly clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2926 Tulare, Fresno, CA 93721-1440   |
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice friendly clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I was pleased with our stay. We got a pretty good price using a Visa promo. No fridge but we brought a cooler so it didn't matter. Neighborhood was surprisingly non ghetto for being downtown. Staff was nice. Room was clean. You can make your own real batter waffles at the continental breakfast. I would definitely stay there again if I had reason to be in the Fresno area again. And, the place is right between a Mexican restaurant and an IHOP...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

A friend and I were taking a trip to see America's band, The Beach Boys, in concert in Sacramento. 5 stars for The Beach Boys! We decided to stay in Fresno at La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite on the way to and fro to cut the long drive. On the way to we had a nice room on the third floor. Very clean. We actually looked forpward to coming back. On the way back we got a room downstairs by the parking lot. Already upon entering the room we were greeted by a moldy smell. Still we moved in with all our stuff. Shouldn't have. Upon entering the bathroom I noticed severe mold over the shower and on the wall tile. Also dirt and hair (!) in the tub. Disgusted, but wanting to give the hotel another chance we asked for another room. We got that with little apology, and moved. By now we were hungry so we went to the adjacent El Torito. The waiter there was fake friendly and got the drink order wrong. The food was very good. We took a drive through Fresno. I know understand why people in the movies always want to leave this town. Strange and scary individuals lurking everywhere and not much to see. I don't recommend this town! We came back to our room fairly late and, upon wanting to take a shower I noticed a hair in it. Yuck! What had at first seemed a clean bathroom was obviously not cleaned that well either. Upon further inspection I noticed severe dust on the bed frame. It was late, my friend is embarrassed by complaining, we stayed. Upon check out the next day she mentioned the dirt, but no compensation was offered. I have yet to write to corporate for a refund and will update this.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor if you must stay in this place. Do not stay downstairs. Bring Lysol spray. D...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Loved the fact that the pool had a lift to allow me to get in/out of the pool. Shower was roomy and very accessible. Would have liked the bed to have been higher for easier use. Staff was very helpful. Enjoyed the visit

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rancho Cucamonga, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I booked 2 rooms and requested that they be adjoining and on the first floor. They did honor the request but unfortunately my room smelled like a smoking room. My son and I were moved to a third floor room. My mother's room smelled musty. The tub needed a thorough cleaning...rinsing it is not going to get a tub clean! She also had to listen to the next door guest screaming and going in and out of her room way past midnight. Needless to say my mother didn't get any sleep. She did like the clean sheets and towels. That's all she liked about the stay. I found our room on the third floor to also be musty and dirty. The sheets were clean as were the towels. There was hair in the tub, on the inside of the bathroom door and on the floor from previous guests. The housekeeping leaves a lot to be desired. The outside of the buildings needs a good pressure wash and so do the walking areas....sticky stuff on sidewalks. The hotel must be a smoking hotel because there were cig butts on the ground wherever we walked and so many smokers outside! Even the front desk clerk was smoking outside...twice! Not staying at any more of this chain's hotels. Will pay extra to get what should be the minimum...a clean room. Very shabby location. Their A/C unit was quiet and my son and I slept great so that was a good thing. It was away from the freeway so no traffic noise. Had a pool to cool off in.

Room Tip: Get a room on the third floor to avoid noise!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The place was clean and the breakfast appreciated for what I paid. (this time!) Unfortunately that rate changes depending on when they can charge more. I wanted to book several visits ahead in order to lock in lowest rate. i was not allowed to do that because certain times of the year they charge considerably more for the same accomodations. Why? Because they can! Why let a returning customer lock in low rates for continued future visits when you can charge more when you think you can? (Local event weeks, etc). Don't like to pay extra for a room with a refrigerator and a microwave either.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Visalia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It was ok. Just wondered when was the last time someone washed the bathtub. Toilet went out of order for a while. No ice in ice machine outside. Good thing we just needed a room to sleep in for the night. I thought La Quinta was a little better than this. But, the sheets and pillows were definitely clean.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite? Share your experiences!