“Good value clean hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2926 Tulare, Fresno, CA 93721-1440   |
Ranked #22 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Houston, Texas
“Good value clean hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night but found this to be a clean and friendly La Quinta. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet. Breakfast was included and there were several choices. Only 1 of the 2 waffle makers was working but Becky on reception was very quick to apologise and did everything she could to ensure everyone went away happy. I would stay here again if passing through Fresno.

• Stayed June 2013

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
kapaa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

we did read some reviews and decided that this was a bettee option than others. We were pleasany surprized to find the this La Quinta was easy to park at and locate. The staff was very helpful even with a lof of lobby traffic. The woman on the desk recommended the mexican restaurant next door and it was FANTASTIC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here for a night while we were on a west coast scenic road trip.
Rooms were very clean and calm. Room had a microwave. Front desk lady was polite and helped us, when we asked for local eateries and all.
I would definitely like to stay here and I will recommend this to anybody.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here one night on a "hopper" to Yosemite National Park, which is a little more than an hour from Fresno. Our rooms were clean and the breakfast ok. A few ok restaurants within walking distance and a Starbucks 2 blocks away. The staff was very nice. Easy on and off the Interstate. The hotel price was fair and we just needed a sleep-over visit so this place worked just fine. Would recommend for that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was traveling alone with a dog and wanted a safe, clean place. I stayed one night and have no complaints. The grounds were clean and my room was fine for this hotel. If you want a 5 star hotel, go to one. When I arrived, there was a power outage in the city and the front desk staff was very accommodating getting everyone checked in manually.
I went out looking for dinner from a place that had power, and went the wrong way, ending up in a not so great part of town, but if you look at a map and know where you're going, you shouldn't have that problem.
The bathroom was standard. I am 5'4" and anyone taller may have to duck down to use the shower and the hot water pressure wasn't impressive, but it did the job.
Breakfast was offered in the morning and it had a nice variety, if you don't like what they offer, IHOP is next door.
I would recommend this to a single female traveling alone.

Room Tip: I was in 345. It has a view of the parking lot if you like to be able to look at your vehicle.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

It was bad from the start. I was staying here for federal jury duty for two days. I parked here in the morning and let the manager know I would be parked, but not checked in yet. We discussed my luggage being in the car and I was told it should be fine. As I began walking down to the courthouse I passed a car with a busted out passenger side window. I promptly went back and told them I needed to stow my luggage until I checked in. Which they did with no problem. But a bit unnerving seeing theft in the parking lot right from the start. When I returned to check in the manager had left for the day and had locked up my luggage and no one had a key that was present. They had to call the manager back to open the door. She did arrive rather promptly.

In the meantime they checked me in and gave me a room key. When I went to my room I opened the door to find it was latched from the inside. I thought "that's odd" but then I could see the room was in use and someone came to the door. They gave me a key to someone else's room!

My room was very average for this type hotel, but the carpet was so stained I didn't feel comfortable walking on it without shoes. The room itself had a musty, stale odor. The bathroom was not very clean. I did have a fridge and microwave in the room, but the microwave timer stuck at two minutes when heating my food but I caught it in time that I didn't cause a problem. It was very loud and I was awoken at 2 am to women yelling the second night. The second day when I returned to my room my key was deactivated.

My bed was very comfortable and I slept well aside from the noise. The hotel has a fresh and easy, el torrito and IHOP right next to it which was convienent.

The area the hotel is in is not a very good location and not much they can do about that, but some cleanliness would have helped. Between them giving out keys to wrong rooms and the theft in the area, I didn't feel that secure about my car or belongings.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Lets face it. Most people don't travel to Fresno for a vacation. They are either passing through on the way to Yosemite or there for business.
I recently found myself in Fresno on business. The hotel was a welcome respite in a city with lots of bad barrios and few good restaurants. It was clean and the rooms were reasonably priced. But there were no frills. The swimming pool was better to be looked at than for swimming.
I received a room near a construction area and the chirpy receptionist relocated me with a smile. The morning buffet was straight from the cereal box with most the good food , such as the small yogurt packs, being devoured quickly by the traveling Europeans.
Yes, I will be back because it is clean, convenient, and cheap (three important C's) but not for the ambiance or any love of Fresno.

Room Tip: get to the buffet early if you want to eat any fresh food
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn Fresno Yosemite? Share your experiences!