“Great Experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Lucknow, India
“Great Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Just stayed for a night as a part of 7 day bus tour from 'Take Tours' on way to Las Vegas. The staff was friendly, rooms were clean with all basic amenities e.g. a refrigerator, toiletries, complimentary water, coffee machine, etc.

Beds were good with good sleep quality. Rooms were spacious and well ventilated !

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com. We are so glad that we could be a part of your bus tour and glad you enjoyed our clean rooms and amenities!

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I spent two nights recently. As a platinum member I used to get free breakfast and a drink coupon. All I got this time was a drink coupon and a bottle of water. The rooms are clean. The housekeeping staff does en excellent job at cleaning the rooms. My room was very comfortable, the air conditioning and Wi-Fi worked perfectly.
The first night I noticed that the restaurant was closed, but I was told that I could get food at the bar. At the bar I ordered a glass of red wine, only to be told that "we do not have any red wine left". So I settled for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
The second night my associate joined me at the bar to find out that they were still out of red wine so we had a glass of Sauvignon Blanc. My associate ordered the veggie burger to be told "I am sorry we do not do the veggie burger anymore". Perhaps is you no longer offer an item, it should be taken off the menu. We ordered a second glass of Sauvignon Blanc only to find out that they had no more Sauvignon Blanc.
The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant we were directed to a coffee dispenser, but there was no more coffee left.
The hotel has a great location, bur needs to improve its bar and food service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay. Although we are very happy to hear you enjoyed the rooms and amenities we are very sorry to read about your food and beverage experience. What you describe is not typical and certainly we fell short in this instance of providing the best service. It is because of real feedback like this that we find opportunities to improve and assure you I will address these issues to resolve them in the future. Thank you so much for your time and helping us to get better!

Kent, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Holiday Inn is right across the street from the rental car return and the airport. Worked great for an early morning flight out of Fresno airport. Checked in, dropped off bags, dropped off car across the street, walked back to hotel, walked from hotel to airport in early am. Reason; rental agencies close at 11 pm and don't open early enough for a 6 am flight out. Rooms are fine, quite, and rates reasonable. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very glad that our convenient location worked so well for your travel. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next stay.

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Flew into Fresno from PDX in May. Easy walk across the street from the airport. I inquired about the properties restaurant and was told it opens at 4:00 PM. It was 2:30 PM. The front desk said they could drive me to any food facility within five miles. Portland has no 'IN N Out' and that was what I wanted. Although it was stretching their five mile limit, the manager agreed to get me there.
My room was clean and without odor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The inside pool is attractive although the room is very humid. Didn't use the pool but used their exercise equipment. Very nice cable weight machine.... also stair steppers and treadmills.
No free breakfast. They have a buffet for the morning which cost almost $10. I would have settled for a pastry and maybe eggs but at that price I ended up porking myself.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. When you come to California, In & Out is a must so I am so glad we were able to accommodate you! We are very glad your room was comfortable and you enjoyed our amenities. We thank you for being our guest and hope the next time you travel to Fresno you will again be our guest!

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed here on the recommendation of Trip Advisor and two local police officers at Dog House Grill (we inquired of them while at lunch as we were unfamiliar with Fresno and had read the areas around the airport were sketchy). We were greeted warmly by Cashier 18 (didn't catch his name), and set up with a wonderful king room. Candy at the lobby desk? Why, yes, thank you! We enjoyed a few cocktails in the bar, where the bartender was friendly without being obtrusive. We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the bed and pillows and had a very restful night before our flight home. The only downside is that there is no breakfast, which has come to be fairly standard at other hotel chains. The location is very convenient for return of rental cars and flights, as the airport is directly across the street. Our room was remarkably quiet, and we did not hear the usual airport noise. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad to read you found us and enjoyed all our amenities and staff. Although breakfast isn’t included in all rates, we do have an on-site café with a full hot breakfast buffet and full cooked to order breakfast menu. We thank you for being our guests and look forward to your next visit with us!

Lancaster, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I've been staying at this hotel once a month for the last 7 years. I am highly disappointed with the recent quality of this hotel. In my may trip, there were McDonald's wrappers left in the room and this month, there were finger nail clippings. They now have rock hard pillows that are barely half the size of a normal pillow. The staff was polite and courteous so everything isn't bad. On another note, don't stay in the back building, it used to be the smokers rooms and still smells like it. If you want a decent hotel near the airport, try the Piccadilly inn express. Their new remodel is very pleasant and ice cold AC in the rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. I thank you for being a guest of ours for 7 years and glad that we were able to accommodate you on so many trips. I am very sorry for your recent experience however and encourage you to contact me directly so that I might speak to you about details of your stay and how I might make things right. Feedback like yours is how we learn where we need to improve. I can be reached at sramirez@fresnoaiprothi.com or 559-455-2501.

Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We travel a lot and always, always stay at the Fresno Holiday Inn which is directly across from the airport terminal. We get the "park and fly" package and know that our vehicle is secure for however long we will be gone. When we return, we pick up our baggage and just walk across the street to the Holiday Inn parking lot. If we have a lot of baggage, my husband walks across, gets the car, and picks me and the bags that he has not transported up in front of the baggage claim area. Sweet! We always request a room close to the lobby and near the indoor pool and waterfall. The room is always fresh and clean and oh so affordable. We usually either eat in the restaurant there or order room service as we usually get up at 3am to get the early flight. Great food...great service...awesome salad bar and pizzas! The shuttle to the airport takes minutes and we have never had (20+years) a cranky driver. Check in is easy breezy. Not a lot of amenities, but we always enjoy those at our ultimate destinations. Free WiFi and flat screen tv and comfy sofa and chair. Great value!

Room Tip: We prefer to be close to the lobby so can get bags there quickly to catch the shuttle. Also puts us...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and thank you for being our guest for over 20 years! I am so happy to read all the great things you love about our hotel. It’s reviews like this and guests like you that motivate all of us here to work so hard for our guests. Thank you again and rest assured I will be sure to share this review with our staff at our next meeting!

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!