“One night stay in May, 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Fresno Airport

You added Ramada Fresno Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Fresno Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5090 E. Clinton Way, Fresno, CA 93727 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport)   |
Ranked #33 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Portland, Oregon, United States
“One night stay in May, 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Flew into Fresno from PDX in May. Easy walk across the street from the airport. I inquired about the properties restaurant and was told it opens at 4:00 PM. It was 2:30 PM. The front desk said they could drive me to any food facility within five miles. Portland has no 'IN N Out' and that was what I wanted. Although it was stretching their five mile limit, the manager agreed to get me there.
My room was clean and without odor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The inside pool is attractive although the room is very humid. Didn't use the pool but used their exercise equipment. Very nice cable weight machine.... also stair steppers and treadmills.
No free breakfast. They have a buffet for the morning which cost almost $10. I would have settled for a pastry and maybe eggs but at that price I ended up porking myself.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Synchro51
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. When you come to California, In & Out is a must so I am so glad we were able to accommodate you! We are very glad your room was comfortable and you enjoyed our amenities. We thank you for being our guest and hope the next time you travel to Fresno you will again be our guest!

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed here on the recommendation of Trip Advisor and two local police officers at Dog House Grill (we inquired of them while at lunch as we were unfamiliar with Fresno and had read the areas around the airport were sketchy). We were greeted warmly by Cashier 18 (didn't catch his name), and set up with a wonderful king room. Candy at the lobby desk? Why, yes, thank you! We enjoyed a few cocktails in the bar, where the bartender was friendly without being obtrusive. We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the bed and pillows and had a very restful night before our flight home. The only downside is that there is no breakfast, which has come to be fairly standard at other hotel chains. The location is very convenient for return of rental cars and flights, as the airport is directly across the street. Our room was remarkably quiet, and we did not hear the usual airport noise. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AHappyMNTraveler
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so glad to read you found us and enjoyed all our amenities and staff. Although breakfast isn’t included in all rates, we do have an on-site café with a full hot breakfast buffet and full cooked to order breakfast menu. We thank you for being our guests and look forward to your next visit with us!

Lancaster, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel once a month for the last 7 years. I am highly disappointed with the recent quality of this hotel. In my may trip, there were McDonald's wrappers left in the room and this month, there were finger nail clippings. They now have rock hard pillows that are barely half the size of a normal pillow. The staff was polite and courteous so everything isn't bad. On another note, don't stay in the back building, it used to be the smokers rooms and still smells like it. If you want a decent hotel near the airport, try the Piccadilly inn express. Their new remodel is very pleasant and ice cold AC in the rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. I thank you for being a guest of ours for 7 years and glad that we were able to accommodate you on so many trips. I am very sorry for your recent experience however and encourage you to contact me directly so that I might speak to you about details of your stay and how I might make things right. Feedback like yours is how we learn where we need to improve. I can be reached at sramirez@fresnoaiprothi.com or 559-455-2501.

Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We travel a lot and always, always stay at the Fresno Holiday Inn which is directly across from the airport terminal. We get the "park and fly" package and know that our vehicle is secure for however long we will be gone. When we return, we pick up our baggage and just walk across the street to the Holiday Inn parking lot. If we have a lot of baggage, my husband walks across, gets the car, and picks me and the bags that he has not transported up in front of the baggage claim area. Sweet! We always request a room close to the lobby and near the indoor pool and waterfall. The room is always fresh and clean and oh so affordable. We usually either eat in the restaurant there or order room service as we usually get up at 3am to get the early flight. Great food...great service...awesome salad bar and pizzas! The shuttle to the airport takes minutes and we have never had (20+years) a cranky driver. Check in is easy breezy. Not a lot of amenities, but we always enjoy those at our ultimate destinations. Free WiFi and flat screen tv and comfy sofa and chair. Great value!

Room Tip: We prefer to be close to the lobby so can get bags there quickly to catch the shuttle. Also puts us...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherry C
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and thank you for being our guest for over 20 years! I am so happy to read all the great things you love about our hotel. It’s reviews like this and guests like you that motivate all of us here to work so hard for our guests. Thank you again and rest assured I will be sure to share this review with our staff at our next meeting!

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was glad and relived the hotel was able to accommodate me with a pre-lunch check in. It was a bit awkward at the desk and a guy who looked like a bellman checked me in. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it, but he fumbled and seemed inexperienced behind the desk. Another colleague helped him out and finally got me on my way. The hotel has been there a long time, I know I stayed there about 10 years ago and was glad to see they updated the HVAC because it was frigging HOT this week! They have done "basic" room updates, but what can you do with a very dated hotel of 40 or so years.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad our staff was able to assist you with an early check in. I appreciate your comments on our staff. All our staff at the Front Desk, including our bellmen is trained on our system and you may have encountered a new employee all together. We work hard to train our staff though and I am glad his colleague was able to assist. We are glad that you’ve noticed our updates and HVAC. We continue to work with our brand and owners to update our hotel and always serve our guests. Thanks again for your review and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

They have no elevator. This was a big deal for us because we were to travel continuously for many days so we have a lot of luggage with us.
Otherwise, the rooms were fine. The receptionists were very kind and helpful too. Our room key doesn't work well and their staff was very kind to try it again and again until it worked. He also offered to get a replacement key for us while we wait inside the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our staff. I do apologize about the lack of an elevator. Because of this we do offer bellman service 24 hours a day to assist with your luggage. I am sorry that we failed to make that offer of assistance to you in this instance. I am glad that you found our staff helpful and hope that the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again choose to be our guest and allow us to do the heavy lifting. Thank you again!

Than you,

Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting my family and was looking for at least a 4 star hotel. The highest Fresno has is a 3 1/2 star. The area I was hoping to get was near highway 99. That area only had 2 1/2 star lodging. So I went with the Holiday Inn at the airport. As you can imagine, it was noisy due to the planes. The staff is very friendly. The rooms looked like they had some improvements, but being a contractor, it was not a good job. Some of the detail wad sloppy. However, the rooms were clean. Nothing like finding stuff when you don't want to. They have small refrigerators in the room. Mine was turned to the coldest and was still too warm for food. I asked for a new one. They switched it out but the new one did the same thing. The best thing was the pool. It had a cool waterfall and a jacuzzi. It was clean and enjoyable. There were not any pool towels though. Usually, a higher end hotel will supply pool towels. So my son and I walked back to our room wet. Not a fabulous property. But it was clean and did the job. Looking at the comps, I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Bill J
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad that you enjoyed many of our amenities and our clean hotel but sorry that not everything met your expectations. I assure you some of what you describe is not typical while we are constantly working to improve the condition and cleanliness of our hotel. Pool towels are provided in our indoor heated pool as well as our outdoor and are very sorry our staff did not have them available at the time you were enjoying it. We surely hope that you would stay here again and allow us to demonstrate all the great amenities and staff we have!

Sam Ramirez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fresno
BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel
3.5 of 5 stars 125 reviews
Radisson Hotel Fresno Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South
DoubleTree by Hilton Fresno Convention Center

Been to Ramada Fresno Airport? Share your experiences!