“Bring your own pillow and enjoy the yellow sheets” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Fresno Airport

You added Ramada Fresno Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Fresno Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5090 E. Clinton Way, Fresno, CA 93727 (Formerly Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport)   |
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Lancaster, California
“Bring your own pillow and enjoy the yellow sheets”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at this hotel once a month for the last 7 years. I am highly disappointed with the recent quality of this hotel. In my may trip, there were McDonald's wrappers left in the room and this month, there were finger nail clippings. They now have rock hard pillows that are barely half the size of a normal pillow. The staff was polite and courteous so everything isn't bad. On another note, don't stay in the back building, it used to be the smokers rooms and still smells like it. If you want a decent hotel near the airport, try the Piccadilly inn express. Their new remodel is very pleasant and ice cold AC in the rooms.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. I thank you for being a guest of ours for 7 years and glad that we were able to accommodate you on so many trips. I am very sorry for your recent experience however and encourage you to contact me directly so that I might speak to you about details of your stay and how I might make things right. Feedback like yours is how we learn where we need to improve. I can be reached at sramirez@fresnoaiprothi.com or 559-455-2501.

Coarsegold, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We travel a lot and always, always stay at the Fresno Holiday Inn which is directly across from the airport terminal. We get the "park and fly" package and know that our vehicle is secure for however long we will be gone. When we return, we pick up our baggage and just walk across the street to the Holiday Inn parking lot. If we have a lot of baggage, my husband walks across, gets the car, and picks me and the bags that he has not transported up in front of the baggage claim area. Sweet! We always request a room close to the lobby and near the indoor pool and waterfall. The room is always fresh and clean and oh so affordable. We usually either eat in the restaurant there or order room service as we usually get up at 3am to get the early flight. Great food...great service...awesome salad bar and pizzas! The shuttle to the airport takes minutes and we have never had (20+years) a cranky driver. Check in is easy breezy. Not a lot of amenities, but we always enjoy those at our ultimate destinations. Free WiFi and flat screen tv and comfy sofa and chair. Great value!

Room Tip: We prefer to be close to the lobby so can get bags there quickly to catch the shuttle. Also puts us...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherry C
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and thank you for being our guest for over 20 years! I am so happy to read all the great things you love about our hotel. It’s reviews like this and guests like you that motivate all of us here to work so hard for our guests. Thank you again and rest assured I will be sure to share this review with our staff at our next meeting!

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I was glad and relived the hotel was able to accommodate me with a pre-lunch check in. It was a bit awkward at the desk and a guy who looked like a bellman checked me in. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it, but he fumbled and seemed inexperienced behind the desk. Another colleague helped him out and finally got me on my way. The hotel has been there a long time, I know I stayed there about 10 years ago and was glad to see they updated the HVAC because it was frigging HOT this week! They have done "basic" room updates, but what can you do with a very dated hotel of 40 or so years.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad our staff was able to assist you with an early check in. I appreciate your comments on our staff. All our staff at the Front Desk, including our bellmen is trained on our system and you may have encountered a new employee all together. We work hard to train our staff though and I am glad his colleague was able to assist. We are glad that you’ve noticed our updates and HVAC. We continue to work with our brand and owners to update our hotel and always serve our guests. Thanks again for your review and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

They have no elevator. This was a big deal for us because we were to travel continuously for many days so we have a lot of luggage with us.
Otherwise, the rooms were fine. The receptionists were very kind and helpful too. Our room key doesn't work well and their staff was very kind to try it again and again until it worked. He also offered to get a replacement key for us while we wait inside the room.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our staff. I do apologize about the lack of an elevator. Because of this we do offer bellman service 24 hours a day to assist with your luggage. I am sorry that we failed to make that offer of assistance to you in this instance. I am glad that you found our staff helpful and hope that the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again choose to be our guest and allow us to do the heavy lifting. Thank you again!

Than you,

Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting my family and was looking for at least a 4 star hotel. The highest Fresno has is a 3 1/2 star. The area I was hoping to get was near highway 99. That area only had 2 1/2 star lodging. So I went with the Holiday Inn at the airport. As you can imagine, it was noisy due to the planes. The staff is very friendly. The rooms looked like they had some improvements, but being a contractor, it was not a good job. Some of the detail wad sloppy. However, the rooms were clean. Nothing like finding stuff when you don't want to. They have small refrigerators in the room. Mine was turned to the coldest and was still too warm for food. I asked for a new one. They switched it out but the new one did the same thing. The best thing was the pool. It had a cool waterfall and a jacuzzi. It was clean and enjoyable. There were not any pool towels though. Usually, a higher end hotel will supply pool towels. So my son and I walked back to our room wet. Not a fabulous property. But it was clean and did the job. Looking at the comps, I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Bill J
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor.com. We are glad that you enjoyed many of our amenities and our clean hotel but sorry that not everything met your expectations. I assure you some of what you describe is not typical while we are constantly working to improve the condition and cleanliness of our hotel. Pool towels are provided in our indoor heated pool as well as our outdoor and are very sorry our staff did not have them available at the time you were enjoying it. We surely hope that you would stay here again and allow us to demonstrate all the great amenities and staff we have!

Madera, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We love to start our trips from the Holiday Inn Airport, Fresno. They have really good food in the restaurant/bar/lounge and we can just never get enough of this place. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The room are very nice, and the atrium area is beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank corkyg02
sjramirez, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed just about all of your stay. We are thankful for you choosing our hotel and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your next visit!

Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

It is literally right across the street from the airport and you can walk to the terminal! Drop off the rental car the night before and save a couple of bucks and walk over the next morning.

Restaurant is average like most Holiday Inn restaurants, but it is reasonable in price and selection. The rooms are a little long in the tooth, but you aren't paying for the Ritz either. Grounds are well kept, desk staff is pleasant.

Room Tip: Any room on the interior pool is a little noisy (odd numbered rooms)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank irloyal
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We are very glad that our convenient location made your visit so easy. Although you enjoyed our prices and selection in our restaurant I am very sorry that you found us only average. We work hard to provide a quality experience and sorry we fell short. On a positive note, I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our staff. We believe they are what set us apart. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again choose to be our guest.