“Walking distance to airport (park n fly)!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Madera, California
“Walking distance to airport (park n fly)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

We love to start our trips from the Holiday Inn Airport, Fresno. They have really good food in the restaurant/bar/lounge and we can just never get enough of this place. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable. The room are very nice, and the atrium area is beautiful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed just about all of your stay. We are thankful for you choosing our hotel and giving us an opportunity to serve you. We look forward to your next visit!

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

It is literally right across the street from the airport and you can walk to the terminal! Drop off the rental car the night before and save a couple of bucks and walk over the next morning.

Restaurant is average like most Holiday Inn restaurants, but it is reasonable in price and selection. The rooms are a little long in the tooth, but you aren't paying for the Ritz either. Grounds are well kept, desk staff is pleasant.

Room Tip: Any room on the interior pool is a little noisy (odd numbered rooms)
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We are very glad that our convenient location made your visit so easy. Although you enjoyed our prices and selection in our restaurant I am very sorry that you found us only average. We work hard to provide a quality experience and sorry we fell short. On a positive note, I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our staff. We believe they are what set us apart. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again choose to be our guest.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here one night , so my exposure is limited. However, I found the rooms to be clean, the service desk really helpful. I think the only drawback is lack of elevators, but they were really willing to give me 1st floor room if this was going to be an issue.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Despite your short stay, we are very glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and front desk staff. Unfortunately we do not have an elevator for our two floors, however we are working on that! I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate you with a first floor room. If ever we weren’t able to, we have bellman available 24 hours a day to help with any luggage up the stairs. Thanks again for your review and for choosing Holiday Inn Fresno Airport.

Pismo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The best part of my stay here was that it was for only 9 hours. Location was excellent for an early morning flight as the terminal was walking distance. The staff was excellent at check in and at check out. After checking in I went to the room and ate the dinner I had brought with me. Room was large but very worn. Carpets, furniture likely from the 70's. When ready for bed I pulled down the sheets to find a large stain about 6" long. Pretty hard to miss. The bathtub had hair from a previous guest. Two different lamps were inoperable in the room. It was late, I was tired, so I slept on the other side of the bed and went to sleep. Normally I would have called to change rooms but in this case I just won't return. The 2nd star is just because the staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is clean
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I’d like to apologize for the experience that you describe. Although I am very thankful that you enjoyed our location and staff what you describe in your guestroom is not acceptable or up to our standards whatsoever. I can assure you we will work to correct these issues. I would invite you to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501 so that I may get some details about your stay and see if there is anything I can do to make this right.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Tony was friendly and kind and check in was quick. (I can never understand a long check in.) Got to the room and immediately it dawned on me that my window didn't open to the outdoors. (wasn't sure how I felt about that, but it was okay.)

The hotel is old, it reminds me of two buildings built side by side and then enclosed. In the enclosure is a very cool old pool. If you're saying in Fresno in the Winter and want to play in a pool, this is the place. Tropical plants. (which need to be dusted off)

Met Jim (Maintenance guy) working in the atrium (nice guy, very informative.) and later noticed him constantly doing something. The hotel seems well taken care of.

On a personal note... lately at home I've not been sleeping through the night, but at the Holiday Inn Fresno... I went to bed at 11, and woke at 7 ... completely slept through the night.

I wish a free breakfast was offered. (reason I'd choose another hotel) Although, if you need to be near the airport for an early flight, this would be a good choice.

I will say, I do find it odd not to have an elevator in the year 2013. The stairs are not many, but come on., it's 2013.

Than finally... Lauren at check out (by phone) was friendly and kind and said I was good to go. Wished me a good day and that was my stay at the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport.

Would I stay again? Sure offer me a good rate and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked on Hotwire and got a good rate. Tip to the hotel, OFFER the Hotwire rate to EVERYONE and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I am very glad to read that you had such great interactions with our staff, specifically Tony, Jim and Lauren. They are all great people and what we think makes our hotel special. Although we are a bit older we pride ourselves on offering great comfortable and clean accommodations with great service. We’re happy that that help lead to such a great night sleep! Thank you again for being our guest and we hope the next time you travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

Enumclaw, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay if you are passing through. The room was a touch shabby but we bid for it on line and got a good price. There is a restaurant on site which we ate at for dinner. We just had the salad bar and it was ho hum as salad bars go. They do serve a breakfast buffet (we did not have breakfast there though so I don't know how good it is).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad we were able to host you while you were in Fresno. Thank you for the feedback on our salad bar, we’re sorry that you weren’t completely satisfied and will use your comments to help improve our offerings.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night before a 6:00 AM East Coast flight. The desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and surprisingly quiet as within walking distance of the hotel. In fact I walked to the airport for my flight...about 200 yards away. A very nice situation for a 6:00 AM departure. The bar/restaurant service was average. There appeared somewhat of an attitude by the bartender, I would not bother to frequent the bar in the future.
In summary convenience, value and hotel amenities were positives. Restaurant/Bar staff left something to be desired but I can do without that aspect of their hotel services. I would definitely stay at this property again as circumstances require.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. These help remind us what we are doing well and how where we can improve. We are very glad you enjoyed so much of our hotel and the staff. I am disappointed to hear about your less than satisfactory encounter with our bartender. I would invite you to contact me directly so that I might get more details from you. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501. Thank you again for your review and I am very glad to hear the next time you visit the Fresno area you will choose to again be our guest.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!