“Clean, close to airport and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Seattle, Washington
“Clean, close to airport and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed here one night , so my exposure is limited. However, I found the rooms to be clean, the service desk really helpful. I think the only drawback is lack of elevators, but they were really willing to give me 1st floor room if this was going to be an issue.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Despite your short stay, we are very glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms and front desk staff. Unfortunately we do not have an elevator for our two floors, however we are working on that! I am glad that our staff was able to accommodate you with a first floor room. If ever we weren’t able to, we have bellman available 24 hours a day to help with any luggage up the stairs. Thanks again for your review and for choosing Holiday Inn Fresno Airport.

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Pismo Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

The best part of my stay here was that it was for only 9 hours. Location was excellent for an early morning flight as the terminal was walking distance. The staff was excellent at check in and at check out. After checking in I went to the room and ate the dinner I had brought with me. Room was large but very worn. Carpets, furniture likely from the 70's. When ready for bed I pulled down the sheets to find a large stain about 6" long. Pretty hard to miss. The bathtub had hair from a previous guest. Two different lamps were inoperable in the room. It was late, I was tired, so I slept on the other side of the bed and went to sleep. Normally I would have called to change rooms but in this case I just won't return. The 2nd star is just because the staff was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is clean
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I’d like to apologize for the experience that you describe. Although I am very thankful that you enjoyed our location and staff what you describe in your guestroom is not acceptable or up to our standards whatsoever. I can assure you we will work to correct these issues. I would invite you to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501 so that I may get some details about your stay and see if there is anything I can do to make this right.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Tony was friendly and kind and check in was quick. (I can never understand a long check in.) Got to the room and immediately it dawned on me that my window didn't open to the outdoors. (wasn't sure how I felt about that, but it was okay.)

The hotel is old, it reminds me of two buildings built side by side and then enclosed. In the enclosure is a very cool old pool. If you're saying in Fresno in the Winter and want to play in a pool, this is the place. Tropical plants. (which need to be dusted off)

Met Jim (Maintenance guy) working in the atrium (nice guy, very informative.) and later noticed him constantly doing something. The hotel seems well taken care of.

On a personal note... lately at home I've not been sleeping through the night, but at the Holiday Inn Fresno... I went to bed at 11, and woke at 7 ... completely slept through the night.

I wish a free breakfast was offered. (reason I'd choose another hotel) Although, if you need to be near the airport for an early flight, this would be a good choice.

I will say, I do find it odd not to have an elevator in the year 2013. The stairs are not many, but come on., it's 2013.

Than finally... Lauren at check out (by phone) was friendly and kind and said I was good to go. Wished me a good day and that was my stay at the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport.

Would I stay again? Sure offer me a good rate and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I booked on Hotwire and got a good rate. Tip to the hotel, OFFER the Hotwire rate to EVERYONE and...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. I am very glad to read that you had such great interactions with our staff, specifically Tony, Jim and Lauren. They are all great people and what we think makes our hotel special. Although we are a bit older we pride ourselves on offering great comfortable and clean accommodations with great service. We’re happy that that help lead to such a great night sleep! Thank you again for being our guest and we hope the next time you travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

Enumclaw, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Not a bad place to stay if you are passing through. The room was a touch shabby but we bid for it on line and got a good price. There is a restaurant on site which we ate at for dinner. We just had the salad bar and it was ho hum as salad bars go. They do serve a breakfast buffet (we did not have breakfast there though so I don't know how good it is).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are glad we were able to host you while you were in Fresno. Thank you for the feedback on our salad bar, we’re sorry that you weren’t completely satisfied and will use your comments to help improve our offerings.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night before a 6:00 AM East Coast flight. The desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and surprisingly quiet as within walking distance of the hotel. In fact I walked to the airport for my flight...about 200 yards away. A very nice situation for a 6:00 AM departure. The bar/restaurant service was average. There appeared somewhat of an attitude by the bartender, I would not bother to frequent the bar in the future.
In summary convenience, value and hotel amenities were positives. Restaurant/Bar staff left something to be desired but I can do without that aspect of their hotel services. I would definitely stay at this property again as circumstances require.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. These help remind us what we are doing well and how where we can improve. We are very glad you enjoyed so much of our hotel and the staff. I am disappointed to hear about your less than satisfactory encounter with our bartender. I would invite you to contact me directly so that I might get more details from you. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501. Thank you again for your review and I am very glad to hear the next time you visit the Fresno area you will choose to again be our guest.

Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here with a large group of friends, and the hotel was awesome! Loved the old school scene the hotel had going. Nice little fitness room, pool was real awesome and a good breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your “Awesome” review of our hotel during your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed youe time with us and y our friends. Thank you for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our flight from Fresno to Vegas was cancelled and United put us up here. It's a 3 minute walk from the terminal, so no shuttle needed which is always a big plus in terms of saving time.
The staff were freindly and helpful, the room was good sized, spotless and bathroom more than adequate. To be honest, we were n't much looking forward to eating there but could n't be bothered to head off downtown. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal and the very pleasant service which we had in the nice bar area.Wake up call at 3.15am was spot on time. We did n't use the pool, but it's there if you want to.
So, if you are stuck, or even looking for a reasonable priced hotel in the area, we can recommend here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We’re sorry your flight got cancelled but so glad that we were able to be a nice pit stop on your trip. I am so glad to read you found our staff friendly and helpful and our rooms spotless! We know ‘hotel joints’ sometimes have a bad name and thank you for giving our café and bar a chance and happy that you experienced the quality food and service we strive for. Thank you for being our guest and next time you find yourself in Fresno (either on purpose or by accident) we hope you will again choose to be our guest!

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!