Tony was friendly and kind and check in was quick. (I can never understand a long check in.) Got to the room and immediately it dawned on me that my window didn't open to the outdoors. (wasn't sure how I felt about that, but it was okay.)
The hotel is old, it reminds me of two buildings built side by side and then enclosed. In the enclosure is a very cool old pool. If you're saying in Fresno in the Winter and want to play in a pool, this is the place. Tropical plants. (which need to be dusted off)
Met Jim (Maintenance guy) working in the atrium (nice guy, very informative.) and later noticed him constantly doing something. The hotel seems well taken care of.
On a personal note... lately at home I've not been sleeping through the night, but at the Holiday Inn Fresno... I went to bed at 11, and woke at 7 ... completely slept through the night.
I wish a free breakfast was offered. (reason I'd choose another hotel) Although, if you need to be near the airport for an early flight, this would be a good choice.
I will say, I do find it odd not to have an elevator in the year 2013. The stairs are not many, but come on., it's 2013.
Than finally... Lauren at check out (by phone) was friendly and kind and said I was good to go. Wished me a good day and that was my stay at the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport.
Would I stay again? Sure offer me a good rate and I would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport Hotel Fresno
- Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Fresno Airport
- Holiday Inn Fresno
- Fresno Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's a new connection to the heart of Central California. The Holiday Inn Fresno Airport Hotel is less than five minutes from check-in and baggage claim at Fresno - Yosemite International Airport. We are the preferred destination of business travelers and vacationers seeking friendly non-stop service. Treat yourself to our uncommon courtesy and superbly appointed accommodations including free high speed Internet access. Splash into one of our two pools (indoor & outdoor), work out in our fitness center, or simply relax among friends in the inviting atmosphere of the Skyline Cafe or King Tut's Lounge. We are minutes away from great area attractions like Fresno State University, Save Mart Center, Fresno Grizzlies Stadium, the Selland Arena and Fresno Convention Center. Venture less than an hour outside our doors and enjoy Las Vegas quality gaming at Chukchansi, Table Mountain or the Palace Casinos and the breathtaking scenery of Yosemite and Sequioa National Parks. San Francisco, Wine Country or the surf and sand at Pismo Beach are all less than 3 hours away. Your 'constant caring friends' await you at the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.