“Good Getaway Hotel For Those Early East Coast Flights” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Getaway Hotel For Those Early East Coast Flights”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel the night before a 6:00 AM East Coast flight. The desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. The room was clean and surprisingly quiet as within walking distance of the hotel. In fact I walked to the airport for my flight...about 200 yards away. A very nice situation for a 6:00 AM departure. The bar/restaurant service was average. There appeared somewhat of an attitude by the bartender, I would not bother to frequent the bar in the future.
In summary convenience, value and hotel amenities were positives. Restaurant/Bar staff left something to be desired but I can do without that aspect of their hotel services. I would definitely stay at this property again as circumstances require.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. These help remind us what we are doing well and how where we can improve. We are very glad you enjoyed so much of our hotel and the staff. I am disappointed to hear about your less than satisfactory encounter with our bartender. I would invite you to contact me directly so that I might get more details from you. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501. Thank you again for your review and I am very glad to hear the next time you visit the Fresno area you will choose to again be our guest.

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Mission Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here with a large group of friends, and the hotel was awesome! Loved the old school scene the hotel had going. Nice little fitness room, pool was real awesome and a good breakfast in the morning. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for your “Awesome” review of our hotel during your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed youe time with us and y our friends. Thank you for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our flight from Fresno to Vegas was cancelled and United put us up here. It's a 3 minute walk from the terminal, so no shuttle needed which is always a big plus in terms of saving time.
The staff were freindly and helpful, the room was good sized, spotless and bathroom more than adequate. To be honest, we were n't much looking forward to eating there but could n't be bothered to head off downtown. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal and the very pleasant service which we had in the nice bar area.Wake up call at 3.15am was spot on time. We did n't use the pool, but it's there if you want to.
So, if you are stuck, or even looking for a reasonable priced hotel in the area, we can recommend here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We’re sorry your flight got cancelled but so glad that we were able to be a nice pit stop on your trip. I am so glad to read you found our staff friendly and helpful and our rooms spotless! We know ‘hotel joints’ sometimes have a bad name and thank you for giving our café and bar a chance and happy that you experienced the quality food and service we strive for. Thank you for being our guest and next time you find yourself in Fresno (either on purpose or by accident) we hope you will again choose to be our guest!

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The people in the adjoining room were very noisy both nights that we stayed during the evening, but quiet during the night. The front desk was very helpful and arranged for the hotel shuttle to pick us up from the hospital after we had to make an unexpected visit to the ER. The pool area is very nice. The meeting room we used for meals and a talk was nice. The food was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I’m glad to read that our rooms met your expectations. We’re sorry for the noise from your neighbors; if we can help in the future we’re happy to do so. I’m glad our shuttle services were convenient and sure hope your ER situation was resolved well! So glad you enjoyed our food and thank you for being our guest. We hope the next time you find yourself in Fresno you will again be our guest

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great food and service in the hotel restaurant. I will definitely return. Meberate B. was very helpful and friendly. Great location, right across from airport. Nice, modern furnishings. Very comfortable. js

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotels restaurant. We are so glad you enjoyed your meal and our staff. I will be sure to personally make sure Meberate knows of your review. We hope you come back next time you’re in the area.

Modesto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I ordered the sirloin steak salad with blue cheese and I wish I took a picture of it! Not only was it presented like a 4 star restaurant, but it tasted amazing! The bartender was very attentive and made my experience enjoyable. I'll be back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our hotels restaurant and lounge. Be sure to take a picture next time you’re here, we’d love to share it! We are so glad you enjoyed your meal and our staff. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Indianapolis< IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was looking for something close to the airport and this Holiday Inn is so close you could walk. Pretty much everything under one roof. Pool, hot tub, lounge, restaurant and right across the street from the airport. Good thing, there wasn't much else close.

My room was clean and comfortable and surprisingly quiet since it was so close to the airport. This is an older style motel but well taken care of. My only issue was that there were no bath towels or bathmat. After calling the front desk and waiting an hour and a half, still no towels so I walked up to the front desk and got them myself. Strange. Other than that I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and amenities. I am sorry to read about your experience with a lack of towels. That is very unusual and clearly we did not follow through well on your request. I am sorry you had to ask in the first place, it should have been there. I will be sure to visit with our housekeeping staff to make sure we are double and triple checking each room. Despite that issue I appreciate you high rating of our hotel and thank you for being our guest. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again choose to be our guest.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!