“If you do get stuck in Fresno, help is close by!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #22 of 65 hotels in Fresno
London, United Kingdom
“If you do get stuck in Fresno, help is close by!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Our flight from Fresno to Vegas was cancelled and United put us up here. It's a 3 minute walk from the terminal, so no shuttle needed which is always a big plus in terms of saving time.
The staff were freindly and helpful, the room was good sized, spotless and bathroom more than adequate. To be honest, we were n't much looking forward to eating there but could n't be bothered to head off downtown. We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal and the very pleasant service which we had in the nice bar area.Wake up call at 3.15am was spot on time. We did n't use the pool, but it's there if you want to.
So, if you are stuck, or even looking for a reasonable priced hotel in the area, we can recommend here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We’re sorry your flight got cancelled but so glad that we were able to be a nice pit stop on your trip. I am so glad to read you found our staff friendly and helpful and our rooms spotless! We know ‘hotel joints’ sometimes have a bad name and thank you for giving our café and bar a chance and happy that you experienced the quality food and service we strive for. Thank you for being our guest and next time you find yourself in Fresno (either on purpose or by accident) we hope you will again choose to be our guest!

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The room was nicely decorated and very clean. The people in the adjoining room were very noisy both nights that we stayed during the evening, but quiet during the night. The front desk was very helpful and arranged for the hotel shuttle to pick us up from the hospital after we had to make an unexpected visit to the ER. The pool area is very nice. The meeting room we used for meals and a talk was nice. The food was good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I’m glad to read that our rooms met your expectations. We’re sorry for the noise from your neighbors; if we can help in the future we’re happy to do so. I’m glad our shuttle services were convenient and sure hope your ER situation was resolved well! So glad you enjoyed our food and thank you for being our guest. We hope the next time you find yourself in Fresno you will again be our guest

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great food and service in the hotel restaurant. I will definitely return. Meberate B. was very helpful and friendly. Great location, right across from airport. Nice, modern furnishings. Very comfortable. js

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotels restaurant. We are so glad you enjoyed your meal and our staff. I will be sure to personally make sure Meberate knows of your review. We hope you come back next time you’re in the area.

Modesto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I ordered the sirloin steak salad with blue cheese and I wish I took a picture of it! Not only was it presented like a 4 star restaurant, but it tasted amazing! The bartender was very attentive and made my experience enjoyable. I'll be back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of our hotels restaurant and lounge. Be sure to take a picture next time you’re here, we’d love to share it! We are so glad you enjoyed your meal and our staff. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Indianapolis< IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I was looking for something close to the airport and this Holiday Inn is so close you could walk. Pretty much everything under one roof. Pool, hot tub, lounge, restaurant and right across the street from the airport. Good thing, there wasn't much else close.

My room was clean and comfortable and surprisingly quiet since it was so close to the airport. This is an older style motel but well taken care of. My only issue was that there were no bath towels or bathmat. After calling the front desk and waiting an hour and a half, still no towels so I walked up to the front desk and got them myself. Strange. Other than that I was very happy with my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor! I am so glad to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and amenities. I am sorry to read about your experience with a lack of towels. That is very unusual and clearly we did not follow through well on your request. I am sorry you had to ask in the first place, it should have been there. I will be sure to visit with our housekeeping staff to make sure we are double and triple checking each room. Despite that issue I appreciate you high rating of our hotel and thank you for being our guest. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again choose to be our guest.

Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a disappointment. Next time I go on business, I'll read Tripadvisor first-even for a Holiday Inn! I picked this as it was nearest the next morning appointment. Wish I'd arrived earlier so I could have just moved on and stayed anywhere else. No elevator- millions spent on a pool no one was in, and no elevator , consierge, or bell staff? After a 6 hour drive, the idea of lugging a 40 lb suitcase and laptop to the back, second floor, in heels, was daunting to say the least The desk clerk did grudgingly offer when I asked for bell service(after sighing, and without looking up from where he was busy busy busy), that when he got free, he'd carry it up for me. But having waited 30 minutes to check in, and seeing 10 more in line to check in, I wouldn't have seen my luggage before I'd need to check out. So, off on the death march. Then hike back to the lobby for a tired hamburger amid unhappy clientele, served by 1 wait staff running her legs off. No friendly greeting here. Out of 9 hotels on this trip, mostly Holiday Inns and Crowne Plazas, this was the only one I simply hated.

Room Tip: ask where the nearest comfort suites are
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our management and staff work very hard to make guests stay great ones and clearly we fell short during y our stay. Due to the limited information provided for your contact information I would invite you to please contact me directly so that I can get some details about the dates of your stay. When we don’t deliver we expect the opportunity to make things right. We will make mistakes but we pride ourselves on growing and learning from those and taking all feedback to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairpoirthi.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Yes this is why we rather stay at the IHG Fresno Airport location: Comfy rooms, indoor pool, full service dinning, full bar service but mist of all the great staff that anticipate all your needs. Look for Mr. Richard, Ms. Violet and Ms. June for all your hospitality needs. They all ROCK!!!

• Stayed September 2013
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. As we’ve said before, we believe our staff is what makes our hotel special. I am so glad and frankly proud that our staff has had such a great impression on you during your stay. I will personally make sure each employee you mentioned is congratulated on this review. Thank you for being our guest!

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!