“The Pool” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Fresno
California
“The Pool”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed at every type of hotel all over the world and this hotel is one of the best ever. If you want to add to your trip a beautiful huge indoor pool with it's own deco waterfall then this is the place. We felt like we didn't even need to leave the hotel to have fun. The kids loved it. The room was super clean and the staff was some of the nicest people I've ever seen at a hotel. They delivered whatever we needed at all hours. The gym was nice, the room was nice and quiet, the amenities were perfect and for the price we paid, it was well worth staying here rather then some generic hotel. We're coming back here for our anniversary just to enjoy the pool one more time!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay. I can’t thank you enough for your positive comments. We are very proud that we delivered on our commitments during your stay. We believe our staff makes us special and thank you for recognizing they’re special! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to celebrate your anniversary. We’ll make sure the water in the pool is perfect!

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Crowley, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband and I had to fly out of Fresno, CA at 5:25A so we stayed at the Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport. The room was very clean and quiet. We were able to park and the shuttle took us to the airport the next morning and picked us up on return. The staff at the front desk was very professional and efficient.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for completing a review of our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our amenities and found our staff helpful. A clean and comfortable stay with staff that is here to anticipate your needs is what we pride ourselves on. I am glad we were able to deliver on that to you and your husband. We hope you had a pleasant trip.

Westfield, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Probably built in the 70's. It's basically just a place to stay. Rooms had a good bed and a hot shower. Older, noisy A/C units. Restaurant was adequate for a quick meal, but not a choice I would make to stop and eat. Location is super for easy access to the airport. No free breakfast, the $10.50 buffet was not worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read you were disappointed in your recent stay. I would like to speak to you to get more detail on your stay so that I can work to make this right. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I usually stay at one of the Carlson chain hotel first time since it was close to the airport and I was flying out early. Poor guest service looks nice on the outside and lobby area but rooms are not tastefully decorated. Front staff are not welcoming like other places I stay. I've been in Fresno 8 times already this year and first time and last at that hotel even though its close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to read about your negative experience with our hotel. Your experience is no usual of what our guests enjoy. Clearly we did not meet your expectations and for that I apologize. We believe in making things right when we fall short and I invite you to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. I would like to visit with you do get more details and learn how we can improve. I look forward to hearing from you.

Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was very convenient. Right across the street from the airport. The atrium was very pretty and the swimming pool with the waterfall was nice. The rooms were ok, nothing fancy. The courtesy shuttle was nice and the drivers were very friendly. They took us to a local restaurant and picked us up when we were finished- very convenient. The included breakfast is misleading. When you enter the restaurant- they inform you that the free breakfast only includes bacon,eggs and toast. If you want the buffet line which includes a fruit bar that will be an extra 6.99 charge per person. If the breakfast is included- it should be totally included.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed so many of our amenities and service. I apologize for the miscommunication on the breakfast. When a breakfast is included with your stay this is for our best for value breakfast. It includes your choice of eggs, potatoes and bacon or sausage as well as toast. Clearly we did not do a good enough job of explaining that. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to speak to you about making this right the next time you visit Fresno. I can be reached directly at 559-455-2501 or sramriez@fresnoairporthi.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Lakeway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel could not be any more convenient to the airport....just across the street. The staff works hard to make your stay pleasant...in fact they go more than the extra mile. This is a two story hotel with no elevator...yes no elevator. Drag your luggage to the second floor. A prime location, clean and suitable facilities and a staff any hotel would love to have, yet the owners have elected not to invest in an elevator. What could have been great is just average.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read our convenient location worked so well for you. I’m especially pleased to read that our staff made such a positive impression and was able to go the extra mile for you. You are correct in that we do not have an elevator. I’m sorry that you had to carry your luggage yourself, we do have bellman available to assist and I’m sorry they weren’t given as an option to you. I do assure you our ownership is constantly looking at new ways to improve our hotel for our guests and elevators as well as many other updates are in discussion and review. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again chose to be our guest, allow our bellmen to assist you and see the exciting changes to come!

Nowra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family of 2 adults and 2 teen girls stayed here for 1 night on our way to Yosemite. We arrived at the airport late at night and literally walked across the road to this hotel ( less than 100 metres). It was a very safe area and easy check in with friendly staff. We were starving and had the most awesome cheap burgers at the bar at around 10.15pm ( I think the bar closed at around 10.45pm). THe lady server was so nice and friendly and was very good at her job. The room was fine with 2 double beds and everything was nice and clean. We went back over to the airport in the monring and grabbed a hire car and was a very easy drive onto the freeway to Yosemite. There is plenty of parking at the hotel too. Highly recommend a stay here if you need to be close to the airport ( you couldnt get any closer but I did not hear any noise at night).The indoor pool looked awesome too although we didnt have time to use it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am so glad to see that you were able to enjoy just about all the amenities we have and our location was convenient. I am especially glad to read you had such positive interactions with our staff, we believe they are what make us special. Thank you so much for being our guest and we thank you for your recommendation. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!