“There's better hotels in Fresno” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“There's better hotels in Fresno”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I usually stay at one of the Carlson chain hotel first time since it was close to the airport and I was flying out early. Poor guest service looks nice on the outside and lobby area but rooms are not tastefully decorated. Front staff are not welcoming like other places I stay. I've been in Fresno 8 times already this year and first time and last at that hotel even though its close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very disappointed to read about your negative experience with our hotel. Your experience is no usual of what our guests enjoy. Clearly we did not meet your expectations and for that I apologize. We believe in making things right when we fall short and I invite you to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. I would like to visit with you do get more details and learn how we can improve. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel was very convenient. Right across the street from the airport. The atrium was very pretty and the swimming pool with the waterfall was nice. The rooms were ok, nothing fancy. The courtesy shuttle was nice and the drivers were very friendly. They took us to a local restaurant and picked us up when we were finished- very convenient. The included breakfast is misleading. When you enter the restaurant- they inform you that the free breakfast only includes bacon,eggs and toast. If you want the buffet line which includes a fruit bar that will be an extra 6.99 charge per person. If the breakfast is included- it should be totally included.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed so many of our amenities and service. I apologize for the miscommunication on the breakfast. When a breakfast is included with your stay this is for our best for value breakfast. It includes your choice of eggs, potatoes and bacon or sausage as well as toast. Clearly we did not do a good enough job of explaining that. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to speak to you about making this right the next time you visit Fresno. I can be reached directly at 559-455-2501 or sramriez@fresnoairporthi.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Lakeway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel could not be any more convenient to the airport....just across the street. The staff works hard to make your stay pleasant...in fact they go more than the extra mile. This is a two story hotel with no elevator...yes no elevator. Drag your luggage to the second floor. A prime location, clean and suitable facilities and a staff any hotel would love to have, yet the owners have elected not to invest in an elevator. What could have been great is just average.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read our convenient location worked so well for you. I’m especially pleased to read that our staff made such a positive impression and was able to go the extra mile for you. You are correct in that we do not have an elevator. I’m sorry that you had to carry your luggage yourself, we do have bellman available to assist and I’m sorry they weren’t given as an option to you. I do assure you our ownership is constantly looking at new ways to improve our hotel for our guests and elevators as well as many other updates are in discussion and review. I hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again chose to be our guest, allow our bellmen to assist you and see the exciting changes to come!

Nowra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My family of 2 adults and 2 teen girls stayed here for 1 night on our way to Yosemite. We arrived at the airport late at night and literally walked across the road to this hotel ( less than 100 metres). It was a very safe area and easy check in with friendly staff. We were starving and had the most awesome cheap burgers at the bar at around 10.15pm ( I think the bar closed at around 10.45pm). THe lady server was so nice and friendly and was very good at her job. The room was fine with 2 double beds and everything was nice and clean. We went back over to the airport in the monring and grabbed a hire car and was a very easy drive onto the freeway to Yosemite. There is plenty of parking at the hotel too. Highly recommend a stay here if you need to be close to the airport ( you couldnt get any closer but I did not hear any noise at night).The indoor pool looked awesome too although we didnt have time to use it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. I am so glad to see that you were able to enjoy just about all the amenities we have and our location was convenient. I am especially glad to read you had such positive interactions with our staff, we believe they are what make us special. Thank you so much for being our guest and we thank you for your recommendation. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was my second stay here, booked as part of a conference, it was just the same as last time, a little tired but has some very good points. Location is great, plently rooms although the breakfast room very very small. Breakfast, included in cost was very average with no oatmeal, no toast unless you specifically asked for it and no apple to finish up with . For the price you wouldhave to say value for money but with the inddor pool could be great. The one and only bar lady struggled big time to cope with all guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and reviewing our hotel. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us continue to grow and get better. I am very glad you enjoyed our rooms and amenities. We have many plans in the future to continue to update and improve our hotel for you guests. We hope when you come back to visit us again you will see them!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a good hotel located near Fresno airport, and away from the downtown crowds and traffic. The downside is that there are few good sit-down restaurants nearby, although they have one on site. But if you are willing to drive 5-6 miles then you have many choices of restaurants. Do ask for a room on the quieter side of the hotel. The staff was very enthusiastic and the service was good. We had gone to Sequoia National Park and got to the hotel late in the evening and were able to get a very good and quiet night of sleep. Recomment it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed our staff and your stay at our location. We appreciate your recommendation and hope you enjoyed your trip to the national parks! Thank you for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to the Fresno area you will again be our guest.

Frisco, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

When I made my reservation I ask for Handicap room as close to lobby as possible. When I arrived they claimed the only room available was in detached back building. Emily, one of the staff assisted me to my room. We scratched and gouged my wheelchair to get out of the main building and into the rear building. The room was GREAT but getting there was impossible. When I tried to get to the lobby to meet part of my group I was stuck in the back building. I hurt my hand and wrist attempting to exit the building. Strangers finally heard my screams and helped me. When I finally got to the front the night manager, Cori, was there. When she heard me complaining to one of my friends she asked what the problem was. I related my situation and she told me she had rooms in the main building. WHY DIDN'T THE PEOPLE ON DUTY WHEN I CHECKED IN COULDN'T PUT ME IN ONE OF THEM!!!!! I had to leave for a meeting and Cori had Emily move my stuff from room 319 to room 187. This hotel needs to be updated to be ADA Accessable!!! I will be back there next year for the same event, I hope by then they get the doors widdened.

Room Tip: ADA rooms in main building very good even have roll in shower. They need to blow up the back annex.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am very glad that you enjoyed our staff but disappointed our ADA facilities were not adequate. It is our understanding that we are in full compliance but that does not equal convenient. We will look into these specific issues to make sure any changes are made to insure we are both compliant and convenient. Thank you again for your comments.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!