“Friendly staff at Fresno Holiday Inn Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Winchester, Virginia
“Friendly staff at Fresno Holiday Inn Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

As with most establishments the staff can make or break the experience. At the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport the staff go beyond the call of duty to make sure that your experience is pleasant. The front desk staff (Abrahim and Lauren) welcomed me back and made me feel at home. The hotel was full and I didn't realize that there was no elevator. As our room was on the second floor Abrahim offered to help with our luggage which was most appreciated. The rooms wrap around a large indoor swimming pool so if you need to get to sleep early then ask for a room on the outside facing the parking lot. There was no noticable noise from the airport which is literally within walking distance if you don't have any luggage. The hotel offers van service if you need a ride over to the airport. We had room service for dinner, Sharon? was very pleasant and helpful. The meals are simple but good - my husband had the salmon and I had chicken - both tasty. The beds are comfortable as are the pillows. Rooms are clean.

Room Tip: The hotel wraps around a large indoor swimming pool area so if you don't want the noise from the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We truly believe that tour staff is what makes our hotel special, they are genuine caring folks and we’re fortunate to have them part of our team. I will be sure to personally pass on your comments to all the staff you mentioned.

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
visalia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Richard and Cori corrected errors in my booking reservation caused by misinformation I received when attempting to book through the Holiday Inn 800 number.
The bar/dinner service was prompt and friendly.
Room was clean and had no aroma of disinfectant or mustiness.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel during your recent stay. I am very glad to read that our staff was able to correct your booking issues. I will be sure to personally pass on your comments to Richard and Cori. I am happy you enjoyed our lounge and dinner and thank you for being our guest. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will be our guest.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Interior was old. Room is out-dated and had a strong smell, over-sprayed. Bathroom does not look clean. We didn't feel clean during our stay. Just hope next time if i do return, the hotel is remodeled. Will not recommend for extended stay at this time.

• Stayed March 2013
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank your review. I am very sorry to read that you did not have a positive experience during your stay with us. We strive to make each stay a memorable one and it appears we fell short in this instance. I would like to speak to you directly to get more detail and determine what we can do to make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Had a great experience with my wedding reception! the sales manager and food Cordinator where easy and great to work with! They met all our needs and made sure that our night was a special one. I would recommend them for any occasion or event. Everyone that attended couldn't say enough of the venue, food and service.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you reviewing our hotel about your recent wedding reception. I am very proud to read that our staff was able to take such good care of you and your guests and they had a good time. We strive to make each event memorable and so glad we achieved that goal in this case. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Fresno Airport for your event and we hope to have you back again in the future for other special occasions.

Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our daughter lives in Portland, Or. She wanted to be married twice. Once to be married by a wonderful waterfall near Portland on a certain date. And then again back in her home town of Fresno for all the distant relatives.
We had a choice of all the different planners/places in Fresno and there are quite a few. We chose the Holiday Inn Airport for many different reasons. But let me tell you that while the location is perfect for travelers, (being right across the street from the Airport), we were taken by Danielle Evans. Not only did she crunch up the best numbers(price) she gave the best attention and service. She was the most helpful and our wedding was the most perfect wedding to all that attended. Even the colors Danielle wore on the day of the wedding matched our chosen colors for the wedding. Danielle's smile lifted our every moment and the Holiday Inn complimented our every wish. Many thanks to the Chef and other support personnel like Danielle's assistance team and even the Bar Tender. We all had a great time and everyone including the bride and groom was happy and satisfied. Great Job Danielle. The Holiday Inn should be very proud to have such a wonderful staff as they do. This from the Wike/Puckett wedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel for your recent wedding. I am very glad you had such a positive experience with us during your daughter’s wedding. I am not surprised to read Danielle was able to take care of your event as she is a true professional who cares greatly about making all events memorable. Our staff clearly made a positive impression and I can tell you personally, the staff thoroughly enjoyed working with your group as well. Thank you for choosing out hotel for the special day and we hope you’ll come back for future family functions!

Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Why do I advise you to have Your Events at The Holiday Inn Airport with Danielle; I'm an event planner and I work with many Venues and Catering Managers in Town on a daily basis. I bring my clients to Danielle because I now that they will be treated with respect and I now that she will do anything in her power to accommodate them with all of their needs. This Hotel provides full service that makes it so easy to work with, they offer the food tastings (not a lot places do?), she's very flexible with the booking of the events with the clients and she works with them on their deposits if needed, AWESOME communication skills specially when going over the contract and details of the events. Danielle is on site on Weekends to make sure the events go as planned :). I have been in the business for many years and if you want to have a Memorable and Unforgettable Special Event I Highly and Proudly recommend Danielle Evans at The Holiday Inn Airport. Go visit her and find out for yourself, YOU will not regretted :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to read that you have had such positive experiences with our Sales Department and specifically Danielle. We are very proud of the service we can provide as well as our tastings. We believe it’s important for guests to be able to experience what their guests will! We pride ourselves on our personal service and flexible arrangements. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is in some need of some serious TLC. Some of the things were little like scratches in the doors where the carts bang into them. Holes in the walls behind lighting fixtures. Handles on bathroom fixtures that were loose. Hot water takes a long time to come on. There was also a big problem with the toilet in one of our rooms. It backed up and raw sweage and toilet paper flooded the room, into the carpet, out to the hallway, and enen into the carpet of the rooms across the hall. Really sort of gross. It didn't flow into our room across the hall until the following morning when we were going to check out, so I figured there was no reason to complain. It was there problem.
My question would have been, for health reasons why didn't they clear our the surrounding rooms?
I suppose the draw for this hotel is that they are directly across the street from the airport.
The spa wasn't working either.

Their counter help were exceedingly helpful and pleasent.

We, however will be staying at a different hotel next time we travel to Fresno.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We work very hard to make sure our property is always presentable and clearly in this situation we fell short of that expectation. I would like to apologize for what you experienced and would be happy to speak to you directly to obtain more detail from you and see what we are able to do to make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!