“An excellent wedding place.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California, United States
“An excellent wedding place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our daughter lives in Portland, Or. She wanted to be married twice. Once to be married by a wonderful waterfall near Portland on a certain date. And then again back in her home town of Fresno for all the distant relatives.
We had a choice of all the different planners/places in Fresno and there are quite a few. We chose the Holiday Inn Airport for many different reasons. But let me tell you that while the location is perfect for travelers, (being right across the street from the Airport), we were taken by Danielle Evans. Not only did she crunch up the best numbers(price) she gave the best attention and service. She was the most helpful and our wedding was the most perfect wedding to all that attended. Even the colors Danielle wore on the day of the wedding matched our chosen colors for the wedding. Danielle's smile lifted our every moment and the Holiday Inn complimented our every wish. Many thanks to the Chef and other support personnel like Danielle's assistance team and even the Bar Tender. We all had a great time and everyone including the bride and groom was happy and satisfied. Great Job Danielle. The Holiday Inn should be very proud to have such a wonderful staff as they do. This from the Wike/Puckett wedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel for your recent wedding. I am very glad you had such a positive experience with us during your daughter’s wedding. I am not surprised to read Danielle was able to take care of your event as she is a true professional who cares greatly about making all events memorable. Our staff clearly made a positive impression and I can tell you personally, the staff thoroughly enjoyed working with your group as well. Thank you for choosing out hotel for the special day and we hope you’ll come back for future family functions!

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Why do I advise you to have Your Events at The Holiday Inn Airport with Danielle; I'm an event planner and I work with many Venues and Catering Managers in Town on a daily basis. I bring my clients to Danielle because I now that they will be treated with respect and I now that she will do anything in her power to accommodate them with all of their needs. This Hotel provides full service that makes it so easy to work with, they offer the food tastings (not a lot places do?), she's very flexible with the booking of the events with the clients and she works with them on their deposits if needed, AWESOME communication skills specially when going over the contract and details of the events. Danielle is on site on Weekends to make sure the events go as planned :). I have been in the business for many years and if you want to have a Memorable and Unforgettable Special Event I Highly and Proudly recommend Danielle Evans at The Holiday Inn Airport. Go visit her and find out for yourself, YOU will not regretted :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to read that you have had such positive experiences with our Sales Department and specifically Danielle. We are very proud of the service we can provide as well as our tastings. We believe it’s important for guests to be able to experience what their guests will! We pride ourselves on our personal service and flexible arrangements. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is in some need of some serious TLC. Some of the things were little like scratches in the doors where the carts bang into them. Holes in the walls behind lighting fixtures. Handles on bathroom fixtures that were loose. Hot water takes a long time to come on. There was also a big problem with the toilet in one of our rooms. It backed up and raw sweage and toilet paper flooded the room, into the carpet, out to the hallway, and enen into the carpet of the rooms across the hall. Really sort of gross. It didn't flow into our room across the hall until the following morning when we were going to check out, so I figured there was no reason to complain. It was there problem.
My question would have been, for health reasons why didn't they clear our the surrounding rooms?
I suppose the draw for this hotel is that they are directly across the street from the airport.
The spa wasn't working either.

Their counter help were exceedingly helpful and pleasent.

We, however will be staying at a different hotel next time we travel to Fresno.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We work very hard to make sure our property is always presentable and clearly in this situation we fell short of that expectation. I would like to apologize for what you experienced and would be happy to speak to you directly to obtain more detail from you and see what we are able to do to make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Do not hold an event there at the holiday inn. The catering manager Danielle is only out to get you for your money. She will try to charge you for every little thing but will not mention that to you at the time of signing the contract. She has very bad communication skills. Do not be fooled. Ask a lot of questions and make sure you read the contracts before signing it. The only positive thing I got out of going there is being able to have Sandra from "covered with elegance" to make my wedding beautiful. Thanks and hope this review helps.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We do hold several hundred events at our hotel every year and apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred with our Catering Manager. We do understand verbal miscommunications can occur which is why we put all agreements in writing for all to review and answer all questions prior to signing. If at any time you are unhappy with your event we are more than happy to work with you to find a suitable solution. Before anything else, we are dedicated to making all events at our hotel memorable.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed here before and every time the hotel is worse. This was the last time I will use this hotel. The air conditioner in the first room was spitting out bits of insulation all over the room and finally after 30 min they gave me a new room. The air conditioner in the new room started to do the same thing. It took almost 40 min to get a cobb salad in the restaurant. The bathroom wreaked of mildew. The "breakfast buffet" that would be free at any other hotel is $12. And overall the hotel is just rundown and dirty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to read that you had such a poor stay with us. I would be interested in speaking to you directly to get more information on your stay and see how we can make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501.

San Jacinto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is that even though it is across the street from the airport, there is no airplane noise. There are interior hallways. I had a room on the interior and the pool is located within the center of the hotel. Depending on the parties involved, the pool noise can be very loud if your sliding glass door is not tightly closed. This is an older hotel and there is no elevator for the two floors. Breakfast is over priced for the quality. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rating is really a 3.5 because of the lack of elevator and the lack of a decent breakfast. Chain and fast food restaurants are located about 3.5 miles northeast. There is one fast food restaurant southwest of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. You are correct, we enjoy a great location directly across the street from the airport but since we are not under their flight pattern we also enjoy virtually no airport noise. I am pleased our staff made such a great impression on you but apologize you did not enjoy your F&B options. I assure you we will use your feedback, and others, to evaluate our operations to continue to try and improve. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno, you will be our guest.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good value and excellent location (you can walk to FAT airport - it's sooo close). However the place is getting a little tired. There is no elevator (granted it's only two floors, but I had a huge suitcase). Breakfast was OK, but staff not very friendly (don't expect anything special and you might not be disappointed...).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location; however I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations hotel and staff. We frequently get very positive feedback on our staff and clearly we didn’t demonstrate that during your stay. For that I apologize. I would be very happy to speak to you personally to get some more details and find out how we can make it right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. Thank you for your time.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!