“"An Amazing Catering Manager"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California
“"An Amazing Catering Manager"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Why do I advise you to have Your Events at The Holiday Inn Airport with Danielle; I'm an event planner and I work with many Venues and Catering Managers in Town on a daily basis. I bring my clients to Danielle because I now that they will be treated with respect and I now that she will do anything in her power to accommodate them with all of their needs. This Hotel provides full service that makes it so easy to work with, they offer the food tastings (not a lot places do?), she's very flexible with the booking of the events with the clients and she works with them on their deposits if needed, AWESOME communication skills specially when going over the contract and details of the events. Danielle is on site on Weekends to make sure the events go as planned :). I have been in the business for many years and if you want to have a Memorable and Unforgettable Special Event I Highly and Proudly recommend Danielle Evans at The Holiday Inn Airport. Go visit her and find out for yourself, YOU will not regretted :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very glad to read that you have had such positive experiences with our Sales Department and specifically Danielle. We are very proud of the service we can provide as well as our tastings. We believe it’s important for guests to be able to experience what their guests will! We pride ourselves on our personal service and flexible arrangements. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.

169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Clemente, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is in some need of some serious TLC. Some of the things were little like scratches in the doors where the carts bang into them. Holes in the walls behind lighting fixtures. Handles on bathroom fixtures that were loose. Hot water takes a long time to come on. There was also a big problem with the toilet in one of our rooms. It backed up and raw sweage and toilet paper flooded the room, into the carpet, out to the hallway, and enen into the carpet of the rooms across the hall. Really sort of gross. It didn't flow into our room across the hall until the following morning when we were going to check out, so I figured there was no reason to complain. It was there problem.
My question would have been, for health reasons why didn't they clear our the surrounding rooms?
I suppose the draw for this hotel is that they are directly across the street from the airport.
The spa wasn't working either.

Their counter help were exceedingly helpful and pleasent.

We, however will be staying at a different hotel next time we travel to Fresno.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We work very hard to make sure our property is always presentable and clearly in this situation we fell short of that expectation. I would like to apologize for what you experienced and would be happy to speak to you directly to obtain more detail from you and see what we are able to do to make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Do not hold an event there at the holiday inn. The catering manager Danielle is only out to get you for your money. She will try to charge you for every little thing but will not mention that to you at the time of signing the contract. She has very bad communication skills. Do not be fooled. Ask a lot of questions and make sure you read the contracts before signing it. The only positive thing I got out of going there is being able to have Sandra from "covered with elegance" to make my wedding beautiful. Thanks and hope this review helps.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. We do hold several hundred events at our hotel every year and apologize for any miscommunication that may have occurred with our Catering Manager. We do understand verbal miscommunications can occur which is why we put all agreements in writing for all to review and answer all questions prior to signing. If at any time you are unhappy with your event we are more than happy to work with you to find a suitable solution. Before anything else, we are dedicated to making all events at our hotel memorable.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed here before and every time the hotel is worse. This was the last time I will use this hotel. The air conditioner in the first room was spitting out bits of insulation all over the room and finally after 30 min they gave me a new room. The air conditioner in the new room started to do the same thing. It took almost 40 min to get a cobb salad in the restaurant. The bathroom wreaked of mildew. The "breakfast buffet" that would be free at any other hotel is $12. And overall the hotel is just rundown and dirty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to read that you had such a poor stay with us. I would be interested in speaking to you directly to get more information on your stay and see how we can make it right. Please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559-455-2501.

San Jacinto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is that even though it is across the street from the airport, there is no airplane noise. There are interior hallways. I had a room on the interior and the pool is located within the center of the hotel. Depending on the parties involved, the pool noise can be very loud if your sliding glass door is not tightly closed. This is an older hotel and there is no elevator for the two floors. Breakfast is over priced for the quality. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rating is really a 3.5 because of the lack of elevator and the lack of a decent breakfast. Chain and fast food restaurants are located about 3.5 miles northeast. There is one fast food restaurant southwest of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. You are correct, we enjoy a great location directly across the street from the airport but since we are not under their flight pattern we also enjoy virtually no airport noise. I am pleased our staff made such a great impression on you but apologize you did not enjoy your F&B options. I assure you we will use your feedback, and others, to evaluate our operations to continue to try and improve. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno, you will be our guest.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good value and excellent location (you can walk to FAT airport - it's sooo close). However the place is getting a little tired. There is no elevator (granted it's only two floors, but I had a huge suitcase). Breakfast was OK, but staff not very friendly (don't expect anything special and you might not be disappointed...).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location; however I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations hotel and staff. We frequently get very positive feedback on our staff and clearly we didn’t demonstrate that during your stay. For that I apologize. I would be very happy to speak to you personally to get some more details and find out how we can make it right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. Thank you for your time.

Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you are looking for a place to hold a wedding this would be the place to go! It is beautiful on the inside with palm tress surrounding the ceremony area and a beautiful arch to get married under. The banquet room is nice and large and can decorate it to make it look fabulous.

I had my Wedding here on February 16th 2013 and had many out of town guest stayed here as well. The place was wonderful more beautiful than I remembered when I looked at it in July. Everyone there was very friendly, I did encounter some hiccups during the stay but nothing that the hotel didn't fix right away or address.

Everyone who was came and stayed out of town here (which was at least 50+ out of town guest) was very much impressed on their rooms and the hotel's hospitality.

Danielle Evans was amazing!!! Her and I had a good relationship for 9 months of planning and my millions questions. She addressed any questions I had right away and made me feel very comfortable. Even if it was her day off and it was urgent she was there answering questions or picking up my calls. I wished she could have stayed the whole night because I felt like after she left it went a little downhill from there.

The only major thing that I felt needed to be addressed was:
-I didn't know who was the night manager after Danielle was looking after the wedding was never introduced so I had no idea who to ask for help.
-the room was beyond hot! I literally almost passed out I felt the whole room spin. Whoever I asked for help on turning the air conditioning was to busy to do it, claimed it wasn't their job, Which I understand it was a busy night but My guest were dying of the heat as well. I felt so bad, My Mother-In-Law got the Idea to open doors since nothing was being done about the air which helped slightly.

If you want to impress your guest and have an amazing time knowing that things will be taken care of the Hoilday Inn is the place to have it!!!

-From,
The Bride

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Congratulations on your marriage! I am very glad to read that you and your guests enjoyed themselves at both the wedding and their guestrooms. Our staff works hard to make this day special and assist in any way we can. I appreciate your comments regarding Danielle; she is a very talented and caring associate and works hard for all our guests to make events memorable. I do see you encountered a few issues and for that I do apologize. I am pleased those minor issues did not disrupt your event. Thank you again for being our guest and choosing Holiday Inn Fresno Airport to host your special day.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!