“Great airport location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 65 hotels in Fresno
San Jacinto, California
“Great airport location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The best thing about this hotel is that even though it is across the street from the airport, there is no airplane noise. There are interior hallways. I had a room on the interior and the pool is located within the center of the hotel. Depending on the parties involved, the pool noise can be very loud if your sliding glass door is not tightly closed. This is an older hotel and there is no elevator for the two floors. Breakfast is over priced for the quality. The bed was very comfortable, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The rating is really a 3.5 because of the lack of elevator and the lack of a decent breakfast. Chain and fast food restaurants are located about 3.5 miles northeast. There is one fast food restaurant southwest of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. You are correct, we enjoy a great location directly across the street from the airport but since we are not under their flight pattern we also enjoy virtually no airport noise. I am pleased our staff made such a great impression on you but apologize you did not enjoy your F&B options. I assure you we will use your feedback, and others, to evaluate our operations to continue to try and improve. Thank you again for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno, you will be our guest.

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Good value and excellent location (you can walk to FAT airport - it's sooo close). However the place is getting a little tired. There is no elevator (granted it's only two floors, but I had a huge suitcase). Breakfast was OK, but staff not very friendly (don't expect anything special and you might not be disappointed...).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location; however I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations hotel and staff. We frequently get very positive feedback on our staff and clearly we didn’t demonstrate that during your stay. For that I apologize. I would be very happy to speak to you personally to get some more details and find out how we can make it right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. Thank you for your time.

Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

If you are looking for a place to hold a wedding this would be the place to go! It is beautiful on the inside with palm tress surrounding the ceremony area and a beautiful arch to get married under. The banquet room is nice and large and can decorate it to make it look fabulous.

I had my Wedding here on February 16th 2013 and had many out of town guest stayed here as well. The place was wonderful more beautiful than I remembered when I looked at it in July. Everyone there was very friendly, I did encounter some hiccups during the stay but nothing that the hotel didn't fix right away or address.

Everyone who was came and stayed out of town here (which was at least 50+ out of town guest) was very much impressed on their rooms and the hotel's hospitality.

Danielle Evans was amazing!!! Her and I had a good relationship for 9 months of planning and my millions questions. She addressed any questions I had right away and made me feel very comfortable. Even if it was her day off and it was urgent she was there answering questions or picking up my calls. I wished she could have stayed the whole night because I felt like after she left it went a little downhill from there.

The only major thing that I felt needed to be addressed was:
-I didn't know who was the night manager after Danielle was looking after the wedding was never introduced so I had no idea who to ask for help.
-the room was beyond hot! I literally almost passed out I felt the whole room spin. Whoever I asked for help on turning the air conditioning was to busy to do it, claimed it wasn't their job, Which I understand it was a busy night but My guest were dying of the heat as well. I felt so bad, My Mother-In-Law got the Idea to open doors since nothing was being done about the air which helped slightly.

If you want to impress your guest and have an amazing time knowing that things will be taken care of the Hoilday Inn is the place to have it!!!

-From,
The Bride

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. Congratulations on your marriage! I am very glad to read that you and your guests enjoyed themselves at both the wedding and their guestrooms. Our staff works hard to make this day special and assist in any way we can. I appreciate your comments regarding Danielle; she is a very talented and caring associate and works hard for all our guests to make events memorable. I do see you encountered a few issues and for that I do apologize. I am pleased those minor issues did not disrupt your event. Thank you again for being our guest and choosing Holiday Inn Fresno Airport to host your special day.

Merced, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

After my AeroMexico flight was cancelled we were provided a stay at the Holiday Inn for a day in Fresno. This hotel was a classic example of great presentation. The landscape and newness of the lobby gave me hope to a disastrous day at the airport. Then I walked I to my room. The first to hit me was the odor of an old wet mop or a shower curtain that just never gets properly cleaned. But I honestly didn't care much since I hadn't slept for a while and was sure I would fall immediately to sleep. It was then I noticed the windows only had the thin white liner and no curtain. To make matters worse there was an event getting started in the banquet room. All attending waited in line several feet from my window looking directly onto my room #314. Luckily I was on the covers fully clothed. But what an awkward moment from both sides of the glass the moment I noticed.
I ate breakfast and lunch on this day and both meals left much to be desired. Breakfast was tasteless. Lunch was much better but the fried chicken was dry and over cooked.
In spite of it all I was very impressed with the entire staff - from the front desk to the dining room. There was a tall young lady (wish I had learned her name) who seemed to be everywhere. I watched as she helped a mom getting her kids and bags upstairs (there are no elevators). later she found me looking lost with my luggage and cleared the way to see me through to my room. She was so nice to everyone. Every hotel needs a person like this to smooth over the edges. I was also very appreciative of the hotel parking service. You can leave your car in their lot for up to a month for only $40. This is so much better than the airport rate.
I guess I shouldn't complain since the airline paid for everything but I felt this Holiday Inn can offer so much more with some upgrades.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry your trip with us began in such a frustrating way. Clearly we did not meet your expectations upon arrival to your room. I assure you these are not typical of what our guests encounter and I will look into these issues with our staff. One a positive note, I am very glad to read that our entire staff impressed you. We believe that the staff is what sets us apart and makes places like ours special. Again I do apologize for the issues you encountered. I would be happy to get additional detail from you to help us improve and make it right for you. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I always like staying here when I come through on business. It's very conveniently located across the street from the airport. You can walk to the airport, very nice!

However the hotel itself is declining. It rooms are out of date, the satellite building is to convenient. It unfortunate that nothing is done about the place.

It's ok in a pinch and for the convenience, but otherwise I will be looking for a new place to stay.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I’m glad that tour convenient location works for your needs but sorry to hear your feelings about the condition of our hotel. Although we are an older building we do work very hard to present a valuable and clean product with outstanding staff. I surely hope they assisted you during your stay. I assure you we are doing many things to continue to update and improve our property for our guests and have big plans in 2013. We certainly hope when your travels bring you back to Fresno you will consider staying with us again to see the changes coming. Thank you again for your feedback, it does assist us in identifying areas of improvement.

Trabuco Canyon, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the holiday inn Fresno airport because my son's hockey team was staying there and we were in town to see the games. I had read the not so great reviews and was a little concerned, but was very pleasantly surprised. The recent renovations were very nice, I thought the rooms were very nice and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was a great experience.....buffet was good with eggs and pancakes, but my daughter HAS to have chocolate chips in her pancakes. The cook, George, went out of his way to make her a special plate and even came out to ask her how it was. He remembered her the next morning and did the same. We were very impressed. Thanks for. Asking our stay so nice

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are very proud of our relationship with the Fresno Monsters hockey and glad you chose to be our guest. Thank you for providing us the opportunity to serve you and I am very glad to read that we lived up to those expectations. I’m glad you had the opportunity to meet our Chef George and his pancakes were a success for your daughter! Again, thank you for being our guest and we hope the next time you travels bring you to Fresno you will again chose Holiday Inn Fresno Airport.

Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is the fourth year in a row that I have stayed at the Holiday Inn while traveling over the holidays, and up until this year I have been exceptionally happy with both the service and convenience. The staff was still friendly, but otherwise it is terrible.

The first complaint that I have, is that one of the primary reasons I originally chose this hotel for the first time four years ago was because of the "park, sleep, fly" option. I have always booked a government rate and had the entirety of my bill been covered by that (approx. $85/night), regardless of how long I park my car. This year I was informed upon check-in that they charge $7/day for parking! Seriously?? So basically it is just a hotel room plus parking for a dollar less a day than you would pay at the airport long term parking across the street.

The second complaint that I had was placed in a satellite building on the top floor. "No problem, " I thought, except for the inconvenience of having to load my car at four in the morning and move it to the long term lot. So I unloaded all of our luggage on to a luggage cart, got my two young children out of the car and proceeded to make our way to the elevator. THERE IS NO ELEVATOR! So I had to haul both my kids, all four of our suitcases, backpacks, etc. up to the second floor by myself. As a woman who was obviously traveling alone with tiny children, I think the least the desk clerk could have done was mention that there was no elevator. I may have at least had recourse to complain, ask for help, or try for a better room.

The third complaint was the lobby restaurant. I fully understand that this is not a gourmet place and was really just looking for something hot and convenient. It was neither. We waited 20 minutes for my kids' two cheeseburgers and my sandwich. All of our fries were cold, my sandwich was hot, my daughter's was lukewarm and my son's was cold. I can only surmise that they are working with one microwave and that was the best they could do and bring all the food out at once. The waitress was very nice though.

My final complaint thus far (as long as there is no major problem with our shuttle in the morning), is the heavy layer of cigarette smoke that is all over my satellite building. We had to walk through a group of five smokers to get to the entrance, and the halls and room reek of smoke. As a person with severe asthma, between carrying all the luggage up two flights of stairs and inhaling a full pack worth of second hand smoke, I should probably just count myself lucky not to end up in the ER.

I'm disappointed that this hotel has taken to price gouging long-time guests. I often take the early morning flights out of Fresno, and during fog season it is very convenient to stay close by, however for my next trip I believe I will be exploring other hotel options.

Room Tip: Avoid being placed in the satellite building--inconvenient! Also there are no elevators so upper flo...