This is the fourth year in a row that I have stayed at the Holiday Inn while traveling over the holidays, and up until this year I have been exceptionally happy with both the service and convenience. The staff was still friendly, but otherwise it is terrible.
The first complaint that I have, is that one of the primary reasons I originally chose this hotel for the first time four years ago was because of the "park, sleep, fly" option. I have always booked a government rate and had the entirety of my bill been covered by that (approx. $85/night), regardless of how long I park my car. This year I was informed upon check-in that they charge $7/day for parking! Seriously?? So basically it is just a hotel room plus parking for a dollar less a day than you would pay at the airport long term parking across the street.
The second complaint that I had was placed in a satellite building on the top floor. "No problem, " I thought, except for the inconvenience of having to load my car at four in the morning and move it to the long term lot. So I unloaded all of our luggage on to a luggage cart, got my two young children out of the car and proceeded to make our way to the elevator. THERE IS NO ELEVATOR! So I had to haul both my kids, all four of our suitcases, backpacks, etc. up to the second floor by myself. As a woman who was obviously traveling alone with tiny children, I think the least the desk clerk could have done was mention that there was no elevator. I may have at least had recourse to complain, ask for help, or try for a better room.
The third complaint was the lobby restaurant. I fully understand that this is not a gourmet place and was really just looking for something hot and convenient. It was neither. We waited 20 minutes for my kids' two cheeseburgers and my sandwich. All of our fries were cold, my sandwich was hot, my daughter's was lukewarm and my son's was cold. I can only surmise that they are working with one microwave and that was the best they could do and bring all the food out at once. The waitress was very nice though.
My final complaint thus far (as long as there is no major problem with our shuttle in the morning), is the heavy layer of cigarette smoke that is all over my satellite building. We had to walk through a group of five smokers to get to the entrance, and the halls and room reek of smoke. As a person with severe asthma, between carrying all the luggage up two flights of stairs and inhaling a full pack worth of second hand smoke, I should probably just count myself lucky not to end up in the ER.
I'm disappointed that this hotel has taken to price gouging long-time guests. I often take the early morning flights out of Fresno, and during fog season it is very convenient to stay close by, however for my next trip I believe I will be exploring other hotel options.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport Hotel Fresno
- Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport Hotel
- Holiday Inn Fresno Airport
- Holiday Inn Fresno
- Fresno Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There's a new connection to the heart of Central California. The Holiday Inn Fresno Airport Hotel is less than five minutes from check-in and baggage claim at Fresno - Yosemite International Airport. We are the preferred destination of business travelers and vacationers seeking friendly non-stop service. Treat yourself to our uncommon courtesy and superbly appointed accommodations including free high speed Internet access. Splash into one of our two pools (indoor & outdoor), work out in our fitness center, or simply relax among friends in the inviting atmosphere of the Skyline Cafe or King Tut's Lounge. We are minutes away from great area attractions like Fresno State University, Save Mart Center, Fresno Grizzlies Stadium, the Selland Arena and Fresno Convention Center. Venture less than an hour outside our doors and enjoy Las Vegas quality gaming at Chukchansi, Table Mountain or the Palace Casinos and the breathtaking scenery of Yosemite and Sequioa National Parks. San Francisco, Wine Country or the surf and sand at Pismo Beach are all less than 3 hours away. Your 'constant caring friends' await you at the Holiday Inn Fresno Airport Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.