“Disappointing for a Holiday Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 65 hotels in Fresno
San Antonio, Texas
“Disappointing for a Holiday Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn at Fresno because our flights were cancelled due to weather. I called for a pick up and they told me they were in the middle of a shift change and would be there in 20 minutes. After waiting for 30 minutes in the freezing middle of the night I called back and found out that they had forgotten to pick us up! NOT a good initial impression. Here are some other pro's and con's of the place:

CONS:
-no continental breakfast
-the heater did not work properly--it was freezing!
-no extra blankets or pillows in the room (was too jet-lagged and frustrated to ask for more)
-Requested a wake up call--didn't happen!
-no mini fridge or microwave in room
-rooms needed upgrading

PROS:
-within walking distance from airport (I had hurt my knee so I needed the pickup)
-restaurant on site with B-L-D served--nice portions
-shuttle did run us to the mall or any place within 5 miles

If they wouldn't have forgotten to pick us up or make the wake up call or maybe had a fridge or microwave or continental bfast I would have given a better rating.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I want to first apologize as what you described is not typical of the thousands of guests we have every month. Unfortunately we clearly did not meet your expectations and for that I apologize. I would be more than happy to speak to you about what you experienced and how we can make it right. This feedback and information always helps us to improve and service our guests better. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

181 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This Holiday Inn is directly across the road from the Fresno Airport making it extremely convenient for our recent trip to Yosemite National Park. The Fresno Airport is a small airport which makes it easy to get through and the entry way is decorated with cool replicas of Giant Sequoia Trees which can be seen in nearby Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. In the baggage claim area, you can call hotels from a free phone, and this is also where you can rent a car. Be aware that it currently costs $4.00 to rent a small push cart for your luggage. Once you call the hotel for a free shuttle you can meet the van at the island between the airport and the main parking lot in front of the airport. The drive to the hotel is only about 2 minutes as it is directly across the street from the airport. This is a reliable Holiday Inn style hotel with some great amenities. The front desk staff members were extremely friendly and helpful especially Abraham and John. As we arrived late we had sandwiches in the bar area where the bartender June greeted us and took our order. The hamburger buns are homemade as was the soup on the salad bar. The room was clean and comfortable but the pillows were not the greatest. If you are a Priority Club member (free to join) you get a coupon for a free breakfast or drink at the bar. The breakfast bar is well stocked with scrambled eggs (that were OK) but the fruit offerings were great. You can also order from the breakfast menu – the whole wheat toast was great bread. Our waitress, Violeta, was very pleasant and helpful, she even went to the kitchen to show us the type of bread when we inquired about it. We didn't use the amazing pool or the fitness area but they looked great. They also offer park and fly so you can leave your car there when traveling. We stopped at the Costco in Fresno before heading out to the Park.

Room Tip: You can access rooms from several entry doors around the building so you can park your car near one...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. It’s always enjoyable to read such a thorough review detailing your stay. It shows us what we did well at and areas we can improve. We value this kind of feedback as it only helps us get better to hear directly from our guests. I am very glad to read that overall you seemed to enjoy your stay so much and thank you for being our guests. We hope the next time your travels bring you to the Fresno area you will again be our guest.

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for 75 nights this year. I consistantly come back because of the friendly, service oriented staff, great location to my work and the amenities. They have an adequate fitness center, great pool and spa, great restaurant and bar. The staff makes the effort to know my name and treats me like family. From June at the bar, Rebecca who makes the best hot wings around, Erika at the bar and restaurant, my favorite breakfast and lunch staff Elenor and Violetta and Ryan at the front desk, they always make my stay in Fresno an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read you are a frequent guest of ours and enjoy our staff and amenities. I’m so glad to read that so many of our staff members have made a memorable impression on you to remember their name. I will be sure to personally pass along this review to them. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to you continuing to stay with us in the future.

Rockingham, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We were travelling through and stayed just the one night here. It was clean and well presented and the staff were all friendly and welcoming. Being close to the airport didnt seem to created any noise problems which can sometimes occur close to the airport. Overall it was just a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. I am so glad to read that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our staff. We believe they are what sets us apart from other hotels. Your observation about airport nose is very accurate. We are fortunate to be directly across the street from the airport but away from the flight path, which means we enjoy little to no noise from the planes. Again thank you for your review and being our guest. We hope the next time your travels bring you through Fresno you’ll be our guest.

Carson City, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This has been the hotel in the past that the kids have begged to come to to swim in the pool. In years past, we have enjoyed the dated, yet comfortable rooms. We have also eaten at the cafe and had the breakfast buffet. This time, we went to stay for three nights... and every day there was something that made us know we'll never stay there again.

First, the buffet was seriously terrible. I have had bad food before - but this was inedible. Stale biscuits (I mean hockey pucks), runny watery eggs, cooked beyond recognition bacon, rancid(!) butter, see through gravy that was just flour water flavor. Bad. I couldn't eat any of it!

Second, room cleaning was beyond acceptable. How do I put this? Someone should get fired. There were black hairs (not ours) in the bed when we got there. A towel was clearly soiled - one of the children had stained it and put on the ground to be replaced... and when we got back to the room - it had been FOLDED AND PUT BACK ON THE RACK. When I complained, the guys at the front desk laughed at me! They only made one of the beds. It was horrid.

I won't ever stay there again - I don't care if the kids love swimming there it isn't worth it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Tripadvisor. I am very sorry to read what you experienced at our hotel I can assure you that it is not typical of what our guests encounter by any means. However that doesn’t help you in this situation. As management we cannot address issues unless they are brought to our attention and I appreciate your review. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your stay and we can make it right. I look forward to speaking to you. I can be reached directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or 559.455-2501.

Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Couldn't get any closer to the airport so very convenient. Great staff, food okay. If you need to sleep during the day then the inside rooms facing the pool might be noisy due to the waterfall in the pool but you also dont get any noise from the airport. As there is no elevator that I saw and access to the 2nd floor is by stairwell with fire door (which is noisy) get a room midway down the hallway. Good wireless access and shuttlebus service out to 5km.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I’m glad to read that you enjoyed our hotels convenient location. Many of your observations are correct including our lack of an elevator however our bellman are more than happy to assist guests with their luggage to the second floor. I happy that the rest of your stay was pleasant and you enjoyed our staff. We pride ourselves on our service and believe we have some great people. We hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again be our guest.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If they did a remodel place might be an excellent. Staff was friendly bar was reasonable. Food was pretty good. Breakfast was WAY over priced it is basically your standard hotel fair they call a buffet. If you're priority club use the coupon for 10$ off dinner and skip the breakfast.

Fitness room was great actually had weights. Great area to run loop around the airport for a nice 6 miler.

Rooms and decor need an update desperately.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for being our guest and reviewing our hotel. We continue to work to update our hotel every year and have even better plans in 2013. We do feel it is our staff that sets us apart and so glad you experienced that. We have some great people here and happy we were able to provide you with great service. Again, thank you for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again allow our staff to serve you.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!