“Border line average with a staff that makes it very good” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Border line average with a staff that makes it very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

If they did a remodel place might be an excellent. Staff was friendly bar was reasonable. Food was pretty good. Breakfast was WAY over priced it is basically your standard hotel fair they call a buffet. If you're priority club use the coupon for 10$ off dinner and skip the breakfast.

Fitness room was great actually had weights. Great area to run loop around the airport for a nice 6 miler.

Rooms and decor need an update desperately.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and reviewing our hotel. We continue to work to update our hotel every year and have even better plans in 2013. We do feel it is our staff that sets us apart and so glad you experienced that. We have some great people here and happy we were able to provide you with great service. Again, thank you for being our guest and we hope the next time your travels bring you to Fresno you will again allow our staff to serve you.

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
St. Louis, MO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Was assigned a second floor room and there are no elevators. Asked to be moved and was put in the "Annex" building - looks like a bunker that was remodeled into rooms. Room was very small, decor was very dated and "old" looking. Room appeared clean but carpet was stained/worn, metal fixtures in bathroom were rusted. Barely room to walk around the bed - which appeared to be a double not a queen. Room was right next to the double set of doors coming into the building which cased me to hear slamming doors all the time.

Breakfast Buffet looked terrbile - I drove down the street to an IHOP.

Conveniently located to the airport (right across the road) but not worth staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. Our hotel has been around a while and unfortunately we do not have an elevator. We do have bellman available to assist you with your luggage and I am sorry if that service as not made available to you. Our property does have a second building that was built shortly after the main one and those guestrooms are identical. I am sorry to read that the room itself was not acceptable. Certainly stained carpet and rusted bathroom fixtures are not typical and I would very much like to speak to you about your experience so that we can identify the room and ensure these items are addressed. If you would like to discuss this further or can provide any other details please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or my direct line 559-455-2501. Again I am very sorry we fell short of your expectations and I look forward to hearing from you.

Big Bear, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because we had a reunion there. It was very convenient. You could walk to it from the airport. The room was small and I had to ask for a refrigerator. The only chair was a desk chair. We were on the ground floor near the lobby and indoor pool, which was nice. I appreciate the free wireless Internet. Breakfast was too expensive.
We had good food at the banquet, but the service was terrible. We had over 200 people and it took way too long to be served.

Room Tip: Ground floor, near the lobby.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I am very glad to read that our location was convenient for you and your group. At this time all our rooms do not come standard with a refrigerator however we will be working to upgrade our rooms to that soon. They are available upon request and I am glad to read we were able to accommodate you. I am happy to read you enjoyed some of our amenities such as the indoor heated pool and the free wireless internet. Our recent upgrade has dramatically increased the speed of our internet for our guests. I am very disappointed to read that although the food was good at your banquet the service is not what you expected. This is not typical of our hotel and we frequently serve guests of 200 and more with no issues. Clearly we did not meet expectation in this instance. Again, I am sorry for that. Rest assured I will visit with our Catering staff to determine why we cam up short and make any corrections necessary. If you would like to discuss this further or can provide any other details please feel free to contact me directly at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or my direct line 559-455-2501.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stay @ this location every time I'm in Fresno. Short walk from the airport. Free gift for Priority Club members includes free breakfast buffet that is really good. Decor is a little dated, but clean and nice.

• Stayed October 2012
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are so glad to read we are your hotel of choice when you stay in Fresno. We so appreciate returning guests like you. Thank you for being our guest!

Schweinfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Thank you, Mrs. Cort, that you helped me very patiently with all my questions. Your service was really very special!!!!
We liked to stay in this hotel very much and enjoyed the swimmingpools and the nice people.
Thank you also for the friendly shattledriving!

I tried to write my Thank before, but I couldn`t handle it. Hope now it will.

Have a good day! In this hotel you will ;)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay and enjoyed our amenities. I will be sure to pass your comments on to Cori as well. Thank you again and we hope the next time you visit Fresno you’ll be our guest.

San jose, Ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I travel a lot and at the end of a long day it's very nice to have someone like June remember my name and provide me great service. She not only personalized my stay and made me feel welcome..she treated all of the guests the same way. Yes, the hotel is older, but my room was very clean and comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again the next time I'm in town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We believe that providing a clean and comfortable stay through great people like June is our mission. I am so proud to read your comments and assure you I will pass them along to June personally. We thank you for being our guest and look forward to your next stay in Fresno!

General Manger
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The hotel is older and could use some upgrading. I hadn't seen a thermostat with a dial in quite some time. The restaurant doesn't stay open continuously. It closes at 1 and reopens at 5 pm, but the bar area with the same menu opens at 4. If you arrive between those times don't plan on eating anything but vending. I called for the shuttle when i arrived and it took over 20 minutes. When i went to the waiting area i could see the hotel. When I departed the next day i decided to walk and it only took 5-10 minutes. Definitely quicker than waiting on the shuttle. The staff was friendly and willing to help, but with the various hours for dining and other things it was difficult to accommodate some needs.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor I am very glad to read you enjoyed the convenience of our location to the airport. Although there did seem to be some areas of your stay you could have been more satisfied with. Our restaurant does indeed close between 1pm and 5pm. We have limited hours in this venue. Our complimentary shuttle does have a 5 mile radius and even with two vans we do sometimes get delayed providing this service. I am sorry that it took so long to pick you up, that is not typical whatsoever. I certainly hope that the positive experience you had with our staff will encourage you to stay with us again and we look forward to that. Thank you for being our guest.

General Manger

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!