“Staff elevates rating of this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
San Diego, California
“Staff elevates rating of this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an average hotel, but the friendly and helpful staff made this a very good one in my opinion. First, the hotel is just across the street from the airport, incredibly convenient if you are flying in as I did. The propoerty is nice with standard rooms (clean and comfortable, but not fancy) an excercise facility and an indoor pool. I attended some business meetings in the hotel, and the staff really went out of their way to make sure that we had everything that we needed including extra water and coffee. Not wanting to pay an arm and a leg for a place in Fresno, this place met my needs perfectly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building, not the annex.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to read that you had such a positive experience at our hotel with our staff. We believe that it’s the people that can make the difference and I am very happy to read that we had that impact and made that difference. I will be sure to share your comments at our next staff meeting so that our associates understand their importance. Again, thank you for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to your next stay.

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Room was nice, bed and pillows were great. What was most odd is the lack of an elevator. I was assigned a 2nd floor room and had to lug two heavy bags upstairs--strange, didn't know hotels could operate without elevators. Desk clerk said it was an old hotel built before relevant laws, and presumably grandfathered in. Plus he said they had enough first floor rooms to cover client needs. Still, no elevator is an inconvenience.

Ate the buffet breakfast. Horrible eggs, dry, not good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that your experience was just “ok”. You are correct that although our hotel has a great deal of first floor rooms to accommodate our guests, we do not have an elevator. I am very sorry that we were not proactive enough to recognize your luggage and offer you a guestroom on our first floor. I’m also sorry that you found our breakfast unacceptable. I will personally visit with our kitchen staff to make sure the quality meets our standards. Again thank you for reviewing our hotel, comments like yours help us identify need areas and improve. If you would like to discuss anything in more detail or personally please contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com

Lihue, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Aloha i would like to say thank you to the staff for there great and excellent service there names are at the front desk Tammy,Cori,Javi,Sharon,Ryan,Jon,Abe they are very helpful and great
from the skyline cafe staff are excellent also to all your needs the names are Violeta and Encar
i would recommend this hotel for all your business needs im glad to say i would return for every business trip to fresno holiday inn airport from hawaii

Aloha Clyndon

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Clyndon, thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so glad to read you enjoyed your visit with us and our staff had such a positive impression that remembered their names! I will be sure to personally pass along your comments to them. Again, thank you for your feedback and we certainly hope when your travels return you to Fresno, you will again visit our hotel.

Taylors, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here Aug. 21 - 24 on business. Staff was very friendly and common areas nice. My room, which was on the second floor (no elevators) had almost no air conditioning. I the room was extreemly warm and even after turning the thermostat down to 65 degrees and leaving for a few hours - nothing. I even stood on a chair to see if any air was flowing, and it was, but not much. A co-worker staying down a few doors had the same problem. After speaking with the front desk, they sent someone to the room just to check it out and to advise me there was air blowing. I asked for a fan and I was told he'd check on it. I asked if it would be fairly soon b/c by now, at 10:30 pm, I had to be up at 2am. I did receive a call from the desk saying they didn't have any fans. I do not sleep well when the room is hot and of course they were booked full, so no room to switch to. The breakfast Buffett was nice and the hotel shuttle would take guests within a 5 mile area to restaurants or shopping. The location is right across from the airport, so an easy walk. All that being said, I think I'll do a little homework before returning. Besides the warm room, the bathroom was very outdated and no counter space. The fridge and microwave didn't work due to electrical issues in the room. Electrical outlets are already scares in most hotels and I had to unplug the coffee machine to plug in my cell phone. The priority members "appreciation" was a joke. One platter of knick-knacks was consumed in minutes and I overheard the hostess say that only one platter was contracted and no more would be brought out. Pretty tacky in my book for a FULL hotel! If I had a cancelled flight, and no other hotels were available, I'd stay, just to be able walk across the street the next morning. If my flight was rebooked for later in the next day...put me in another hotel!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to read about your experience. What you describe is not typical of the thousands of guests we have each month. I am disappointed and would very much like to discuss with you further to get details and find out what I can do to make it right. This is certainly not the impression we want our guests to have of our hotel when they leave. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. Again, I apologize for your negative experience and look forward to speaking to you.

Pasadena, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed here two nights while on tour. Did not use pool or spa so cannot comment. Looked nice. Room was okay but bathroom is very small with no counter space. Bed so-so. Couldn't use back of toilet for space because it was recessed under very small counter top. When we returned late after a day of touring the room had only been partially cleaned; bed made but bathroom untouched. Tip we left for maid service was still on counter. Go figure. The buffet breakfast was overpriced based on the quality of the food: soggy steam table biscuits and a solid block of scrambled eggs with nasty taste. Coffee was available in small pump thermoses that were empty both mornings. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I am very sorry to read about your experience in at our hotel. I can assure you this is not typical of what our guests receive and expect. Your room should have been properly cleaned and the buffet quality was clearly not acceptable. I would like to visit with you personally so that I can get details of your stay to help resolve these issues and make sure they do not occur again. Please feel free to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. Again, I am very sorry for what you experienced and I look forward to speaking to you.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Stayed here on a weekday. Frontdesk was smooth & efficient. Tammy was very helpful. Indoor pool was good size and had towels even up till close time at 10pm. Room was fine except for tub drain that was a tad slower, but not a big deal. Free parking & free internet ! Didn't appear to have an elevator to the second floor. Security could be better as back entrance opened without card reader access. Great pillows & 32 inch hd tv.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I’m very glad to read you enjoyed your stay and our staff, namely Tammy, we helpful. I am sorry to read you had an issue with the tub drain. If you could please contact me directly I’d like to get your stay information so we can have that specific room checked. I can be reach at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com Thank you again for being our guest and thank you for your review.

Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is great! The staff if very nice and accommodating. It is located right across the street from the airport which is very convenient for an early flight the next morning. I had a morning flight and it ended up cancelling on me last minute and bumped me to fly out the next day. I called this hotel and asked if the shuttle could come get me and if I could extend my stay at the same great discount rate I booked at. They came and picked me up right away and were helpful with getting me right back in a room at a good rate. The shuttle drivers are very nice as well. I would definitely recommend this hotel not only as a great place to stay for flying out of the airport but a great place to stay in Fresno.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building (great pool view)
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I’m sorry to hear about your cancelled flight but very glad we were able to accommodate you. I will be sure to share your review and comments with all our staff.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!