“Heaven is closer to home than you think.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #24 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
“Heaven is closer to home than you think.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

Once again the family and I hopped in our car and drove North for the best winter vacation spot yet! Want to feel like a million bucks, let the staff show you your way to a hidden winter treasure! Tucked away from the hussle and bussle of the city, yet literally steps away from the Fresno / Yosemite Intnl. Airport is where my family and I spent our winter vacation. The staff treat you like family, the breakfast cafe is delicious and affordable with a family of 6. Dinner at the bar with my husband was perfect while the kids were enjoying themselves swimming in the heated indoor pool which was just steps from our room. Just perfectly amazing! We love it here!

• Stayed December 2011
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very glad to read about your positive experience with our hotel. I’m happy our convenient location and staff took such great care of you. We appreciate you being our guest and look forward to your return.

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I am giving 2 stars - for the comfortable king mattress and the heated swimming pool that I did not use.

1.Dirty Carpet – when I got there, I noticed there were small pieces of nuts on the carpets. I did not call the front office. I figured they would vacuum the following day. They did not. The beds were made up but small pieces of nuts were still on the carpet. The maid must picked up only large pieces by hand and not vacuum the floor.
2. Uncomfortable sofa bed – my 2 kids slept on the sofa bed and they kept rolling into the middle because it is dented inside. I tried and it was very uncomfortable. You could feel the frame and there is a dip in the middle.
3. The shower would not drain – I took very quick showers because the water would not drain and it would always fill ½ way to the tub after a few minutes.
4. King Suite Non-smoking room – some people stated below that there is a small refrigerator and microwave in the king suite rooms. No, there weren’t any in my room.
5. No free breakfast – Some stated below that there are free buffet breakfasts. Nope, very disappointed. I always stay in HI and there are always free continental breakfasts and some even offer free hot breakfasts. I was told that there are no free buffet breakfasts in this hotel when I checked in. Yet, I was given 1 free buffet meal coupon because I am a priority card member. How could I eat breakfast alone without my family? Later in the evening, I found out from the cook that there has been free breakfasts but just not this week….which I find ridiculous, just because there is a group of Asians rooming at the hotel. I also found out that the coupon I got is not valid because there is no free breakfast and that I had to order something from the menu.
I had emailed to the manager, Sam Ramirez, to make sure buffet breakfast are available but he never respond to my email. I just assumed free breakfast are offered since people on this website stated there are free buffest breakfast. If I have known, I would have booked a different hotel.
6. Half size pillows – it’s like cutting a standard pillow into 2 pieces…and the fillings are old and crunched up. The pillows are so small that you couldn’t even change head positions, and it hurts because the pieces inside are rolled into small pieces (old). We couldn’t sleep the first night and rushed to the store the following day to buy some pillows. How come we didn’t check out after the first night? We just stopped by Fresno for 2 nights and did not feel like packing and unpacking. We won’t stay in this hotel again.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. I would like to begin by apologizing for what you experienced. It is not typical of what our guests encounter and I am very disappointed to read this. There seems to be some clear areas where we failed and some miscommunication on our part as well. You mention that you emailed me and I’m sorry to say that I did not receive it. I most certainly would have responded. Again I apologize for what you experienced and would like to speak to you to get more details. Please feel free to email me at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com or call my direct line at 559-455-2501.

slo life
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed here before,once a very outdated Holiday Inn,however,...they spent some $mooolah$,the place looks GREAT& the rooms are nice!!Will stay here again,&again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are very glad that you noticed all the improvements that we have made. We are very proud of the work that we have done but still have much planned in the future to continue to improve our guest’s experience. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your next stay.

Merced, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Very convenient - you can almost walk to the airport if you don't have much luggage. They have a shuttle if you do. It is also a short drive from the fairgrounds. Big indoor pool and friendly lobby lounge. Join their rewards program and you will get a couple free drinks and a bottle of water at check in.

Room Tip: I recommend a second story room with windows facing the inside atrium.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are very proud of our convenient location and our pool indoor pool and lounge. I am very glad to read that you seemed to enjoy yourself and our hotel.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I was in a Road Scholar group that stayed at the Holiday Inn Fresno-airport. It had been a long time since I had stayed at a Holiday Inn. It was a pleasant experience and everything was in excellent order. I want to especially express my thanks to the kitchen staff for the excellent meals, and to Jeff and the other members of the wait staff. The meals were tasty, hot, and well presented, and the staff attended to our every need. It was a pleasant stay

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and our staff took great care of you. I will be sure to personally pass along your comments to our kitchen and banquet staff and especially to Jeff. Thank you for being our guest!

Thank you!

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Alittle dated but staff is great! Pool is a nice water feature. Resturant has great food and a bar. June was the server and is wonderful. Ask for her!!

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We’re very glad that you enjoyed our features such as the indoor heated pool, restaurant and bar. We believe we have a wonderful staff that sets us apart from other hotels and thank you for recognizing June. I will be sure to personally pass on your comments to her. Thank you for being our guest and we look forward to your return.

Thank you!

Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Great rates, extremely welcoming staff - especially Eleanor & Jacquie. Didn't notice any noise, considering it's conveniently located very close to the airport. I would definitely recommended for a night or two on a business trip. There's a clean pool and fitness room as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2011
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on tripadvisor! We greatly appreciate and value our guest’s feedback and I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel during your stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the two employees you mentioned as well. I’m glad that they were able to make your stay especially good. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we hope to host you again the next time your travels bring you to Fresno.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!