“Really surprised by bad reviews” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Livonia, Michigan
“Really surprised by bad reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I was leary about staying here after reading the reviews, but had no choice because the rest of my coworkers were staying here.

The hotel was actually very nice. My room had a doorwall that faced out to an indoor pool. It would have been weird to have the curtains open, because people walk by. Also, the wifi was a little slow. Other than that, everything was great. It was clean, nicely decorated, and though I didn't use it, it had a kitchenette, which would be a big bonus on a longer trip.

We ate one dinner in the bar. The bartender was a character. The food was good. The manager was very helpful and allowed us a late checkout at no charge. They had cookies and a pitcher of fruit flavored water in the lobby. I really have no complaints. I will probably never have a reason to return to Fresno, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I am very glad you gave us an opportunity to host you while you were in Fresno. We very much appreciate the positive comments you made and believe that this is indicative of the vast majority of feedback we receive from our guests. I’m also glad you enjoyed our fresh baked Otis Spunkmeyer cookies; they are definitely a guest favorite. I do apologize for the slow internet speed you experienced. We are actually in the process of upgrading our high speed internet access to improve our guests experience and are confident that upon a return visit you’ll find a much faster wi-fi connection. Thanks again for being our guest and hope upon a return to Fresno you’d visit us again.

Sam Ramirez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011 via mobile

From the wonderful front desk staff to the very helpful housekeepers to the very knowledgeable maintenance men, the staff were excellent! The indoor pool was georgeous and the perfect atmosphere to spend time with the family having outside tempuratures in the 100's. Not to mention the amazing view of the waterfall and lush tropical plants and trees from my sliding glass door made me forget have value times that I was anywhere near an airport. Everything was very neat and clean. Very spacious, inviting and comfortable. The breakfast buffet bar in the restaurant was perfect and very convenient having 3 kids. Not only would I recommend staying here, were already making plans to drive 3 hours in a compact car with 3 kids just to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Palm Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

So I should start off and say that I've stayed here several times before and was not happy to learn I would be staying here again. The last time I stayed here was around two years ago.
The indoor pool dramatically adds to the humidity in this hotel, on this trip it seems that my air conditioner was up to the task of handling the sometimes swamp-like atmosphere so I was actually very comfortable in my room even though it opened up in to the pool area which is nice.
The breakfast seems way overpriced for what you get. Fresh fruit, pancakes, cubed potatoes and assorted cereal for over $10 makes the trip elsewhere well worth it it you've got a car at your disposal.
The "high-speed internet" is hands down the worst internet I've ever had at a hotel since I started paying attention to such things about two years ago. It's extremely slow and the most frustrating part is that it seems to enjoy sending you back to the post-log-in-screen fairly often any time you refresh a page or hit "back", Also, there is no office type chair available and there is a SERIOUS lack of outlets in the room. The only way I was able to plug in my laptop was to shove the TV away from the wall and unplug a lamp to make way for my ONE cord. The nearest unused socket was diagonally across the room from the table. This place is obviously not laid out with a business traveler in mind.
I rated this hotel average because even though the internet is terrible and the food is not worth buying the location is good and the room is good, there is a fridge, microwave, cabinets and sink separate from the bathroom.
This is not the usual hotel I stay at in Fresno anymore but I won't dread staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am disappointed to read about your experience at our hotel recently. I am glad to see that the AC worked well against our Fresno heat. I’m sorry that you did not find value in the breakfast buffet. We work to comply with Holiday Inn standards and provide our guests with a meal that our guests can find value in. As a full service Holiday Inn we also offer a full cooked to order menu with full breakfast items starting at $7.95. I do want to also thank you for bringing to our attention the internet issues you experienced. Although we are in the middle of an upgrade to increase the speed of the internet, your review alerted us to the issue with the system re-routing you to the log in screen. Somehow a setting was chosen in the set up that prompted guests to log in after a pre-determined number of hours rather than the 24 hour period it should have been. Again I apologize for this inconvenience but without feedback like yours we would not have known to look into it. I would be more than happy to discuss any other issues you may have had in an effort to correct them for the future. Please feel free to contact me at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

There's no ventilation in the bathroom and the bathroom was very dirty with hair all over. The property is quite old and definitely need an upgrade. The arm chair in the room was very filthy and we didn't want to sit on it. The wi-fi was very slow. The TV was very old. The AC was very loud. The walls are very thin - we could hear people taking flushing the toilet...
oh it was the very worst experience...will never come back.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m very sorry that you clearly were not satisfied with your stay. A number of things you mentioned are in the process of being upgraded. Our complimentary wireless internet for our guests has been and is nearly complete with an upgrade. We are having extensive work being done including software and hardware. During this time of transition we have experienced slower speeds because of the changeover but that has been temporary. I apologize this wasn’t explained to you during your stay. In the coming weeks we will be replacing all our guestroom tv’s with new 32 inch flat screens as well as new dressers the for the rooms. The other items with regard to cleanliness do concern me. These are not typical experiences for the thousands of guests who stay with us every year. I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the time to contact me directly at 559-455-2501 or sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com. This will allow me to get more information about your stay and look into these issues further so we might be able to correct them.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011 via mobile

old hotel badly in need of new carpets, paint, bathroom tile all needs replaced. i moved 3 different rooms finslly settled in 1st floor. hated it!!! never again! staff friendly. location good, but i hate dirty old musty rooms

• Stayed June 2011
Thank you for your review. Although our hotel is an older one we have done a large amount of work to renovate and refresh the hotel with our brands re-launch. The items you mentioned seemed as some of them could be considered cleanliness which we do take very seriously. Since we have no notes or comments from guests regarding a situation like this, I would greatly appreciated if if you contacted me directly so that I can get some detailed information from you such as dates of stay, name, etc so that I might be able to look into this further. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you. sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com 559-455-2501.
Thanks,
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Well, this one is a little difficult to recommend yet there many pluses. Negatives-No Elevator. Slow internet yet fast enough for email and slow web browsing. Rooms (3rd stay) smelled of smoke and were very worn (but overall clean), Pool was empty when I stayed and the bar lounge was not accessible do to banquet occupying it.. and last OLD TV!!! Positive-Good Bar, Decent Bar Food. Room upgraded for Platinum status, upon check-in you are given perks for priority club membership including snack bag+choice of extra points or free bar drink (I always take the points!!!) The hotel is no more that 50 yards from Fresno Airport (FAT) so no taxi is needed and last but not least...rates are very good even with last minute bookings...Overall Fresno is not a great town for Hotels (I have stayed at 5 different chains, all over $100.00 per night) so the judging curve is pretty low. Good Luck.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your honesty and candor. Thank you for mentioning our internet speed. We are in the very final stages of upgrading both the hardware and bandwidth that will allow our guests incredibly fast speeds and access throughout our hotel. Although we have existing connections now the new upgrade will be even better. Our hotel tv’s will all be upgraded to new 32” flat screens beginning August 16th. This has been a project coming for some time and we’re very excited to be rolling it out for our guests. Thank you very much for your positive comments about the other areas of the hotel and our position to the airport. We pride ourselves on our service and what we have to offer. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we hope the next time you find yourself in Fresno you would choose to stay with us.

Lansing, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

The title says it all. Use your imagination. Hotel is dated, the only positive is the central pool and jacuzzi.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
sjramirez, General Manager at Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
imandy0517,

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for what your review states encountered; this is not an issue that is typical of our property. Since I do not show any comments from guests during your stay, I would invite you to please contact me at your convenience so that I might obtain some additional information from you and look into your issue. I would like to resolve any dissatisfaction you experienced at our hotel and look forward to speaking to you. You may reach me at my direct line at 559-455-2501 or by email at sramirez@fresnoairporthi.com.

Sam Ramirez

Been to Holiday Inn Fresno-Airport? Share your experiences!