“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
SF Bay Area
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

After reading some poor reviews, we were somewhat reluctant to stay, but this was the only available place with two beds for one night during a busy weekend. We reserved two rooms. When we checked in, the first room (#106) must have been occupied by heavy smokers before it reeked of tobacco. The desk clerk switched us to another one without hesitation. The second room was OK.
Both room were clean and everything worked. Nothing fancy, but for $59 (plus tax), it was just fine. The place was quiet. I recommend it for budget travellers.
When my cell-phone ran our ot charge, the desk clerk gave me a charger and let me keep it. I appreciated it!

Room Tip: Stay away from #106, and ask for another room if yours smells of tobacco.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Mariposa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I called to book a room on our way down from Oakhurst area for a get away night. The guy who answered the phone was rude and said no just do a walk-in. Strike 1. I am an employee in the hotel industry.

Did get a reasonable rate 60.00usd after tax.

We asked for a smoking room. They had one. Plus...however when I arried into the room there was no ashtray. ok So i called the front desk to ask for one 15mins later he arrived with one.

Water Pressure was lousy. Strike 2

Room had a mini fridge plus 2

Fridge had someone elses stuff in it. Strike on housekeeping...

bed was alright pillows were flat we usually use 2-3 each at home. I asked for a couple extra Front desk said he didnt have any. Another Strike.

Towels were paper thin I think we could have dryed off better with the toilet paper. upon looking for a plug for my cell phone charge located the only available outlet behind bed no big deal however there was no cover over the wires. This scarde me a little due to it being a fire hazzard. We slept not well but did sleep.

I was going to explain to the front desk about it at checkout but the lady working the morning was just a rude. She asked if I was CHECKING OUT!!! I said yes and set the keys down on counter. She took them and dissapered. WTH?????????????? At least ask me about my stay???????

Room Tip: Don't Get Room 101
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

excellent customer service. The location is perfect for any activity when visiting Fresno (business or pleasure). The rooms were of newer furnishings, clean and comfortable beds! Everything was functional and the amenities were more than I could ask for in a budget priced hotel. I really like the lay out of this hotel and the swimming pool was very refreshing also the subway sandwich shop on-site was convenient for breakfast and lunch. the water fountain and palm trees add a serene feel for the hotel, nice added touch to the decor. I will definitely stay at this Americas Best Value Inn again when I am visiting Fresno for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Economically priced hotel in downtown fresno. Close to the meeting i was attending and their was a subway on site, clean room hot shower and good food make this a plus 1 for me

• Stayed January 2012
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly and pleasant. However, the room was only marginally clean, and there are some real upkeep issues. For instance, mold on the shower curtain, and exposed wiring in the receptacle behind the headboard of the bed.

The Wi-Fi code I was given did not work, and the "free breakfast" consisted of a generic name Bearclaw in a cellophane wrapper. If you need to save money, this is a pretty good value, you just need to be prepared for what you're getting.

• Stayed June 2012
Santa Ana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We checked in this hotel on Wednesday morning at 6:30am on 6/20/12, which was cool because their normal policy check-in time is 2pm. We were in town for just the day and leaving that same night. Check in was smooth and hassle free, we were in our room within 7 minutes after arriving. The guy at the check in desk (Meil, his name was I believe) was very curteous and helpful, answered our questions throughly. Its a small motel, so the parking area to where your room is a VERY minimal walk, which I enjoyed. Entering our room, we were a little above satisfied. Comfy, double sized beds, very clean. 32" television, small desk with a chair. The actual bathroom was small, BUT.. what we really liked about it was that the bathroom consists of just the toilet and the shower, just outside the bathroom was a countertop sink with a large mirror. This works alot in our favor because whenever we go somewhere, one of us is in the shower hogging it up while one of us just wants access to the sink so he could brush thier teeth, comb hair, shave, etc. With this bathroom, one of us can shower, while the other does whatever grooming neccessary, saving time. And whenever your on a trip, saving & maximizing your time is essential as you know. Our room also had a mini-fridge which we thought was nice to keep cold drinks handy. There was an good working ice machine close by also. The TV had cable and HBO. Also the room had high-speed internet. Air Conditioner..All nice animeties. Our scheduled checkout was 11pm that same day, but because things took longer for us during the day, we asked to checkout at midnight instead, which the front desk was fine with, "no problem" was his words. All in all, a great, comfortable, hassle-free motel and we will deffinatly consider staying at this place again the next time we are in Fresno. Oh and one last thing, this place has a Subway attached to it, the girl who works there is super nice!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
La Jolla, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Drove to Fresno with some friends for a kid's event. Radisson, my favorite hotel in downtown Fresno was sold out. Booked a non-smoking room online, but as soon as we entered it was clear this was a smoking room even with the window open. I later found ash holes in the blanket. Pillows where old and lumpy. There were greasy stains on the wooden headboard, moldy water stains on the baseboard, and mold in the shower. The toilet would run for several minutes after flushing unless you jiggled the handle the right way. The towels were stained and threadbare. No remote for the ancient TV and no alarm clock! We were excited that they had a Subway restaurant on site, but it wasn't open the entire weekend. On the morning we departed a poor old bleeding homeless man was on the stairs of the courtyard trying to enter the guest rooms. The manager seemed like a nice person, but the place is in dire need of maintenance.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Fresno Downtown? Share your experiences!