“horrible hotel!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Fresno North

You added Knights Inn Fresno North to your Saves list
Knights Inn Fresno North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4061 N. Blackstone, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Days Inn Fresno North)   |
Ranked #57 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Fresno, California
“horrible hotel!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014 via mobile

This place is disgusting! You would think if you gave them bussiness they would actually be happy about it. First of all the service here is horrible. They put me in a room that was thrashed and had bug traps in the room that were visible. I mean at least hide them if u do put them in the rooms.The man that runs the front desk is not helpful and is rude. I stay at hotels in fresno alot and he just lost a loyal customer. If your looking for a place to stay for cheap please dont go here, theres alot of other cheaper hotels that arent like this!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Smithfield
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was horrible to say the least. We booked all our hotels prior to our trip we booked 2 rooms N/S with 2 queen beds in each as it was for my husband myself and our 8 kids. We arrived at midnight after driving from Reno, spending all day in San Francisco to the worst place on earth. I went to front door it was locked I had to talk to the guy through a small window with bugs flying everywhere and he couldn't speak good English. When we booked it was a day's inn it had been changed to Knights inn by our arrival. We finally got our keys we went to the room. Signage is poor we took 2 drives around car park to find it. When we went up it was 2 rooms 1 double bed in each. We eventually got right room after 30 mins or so on first arriving when we entered the smell of smoke just smacks you in the face even though they're non smoking rooms we went and bought a can of fa breeze so our kids could sleep and the room was filthy with rubbish under beds , dirty pillow cases and cigarette burns in pillow cases, old drinks from previous people in fridge, cockroaches, no tissues, we had coffee machine no coffee, microwave was broken, fridge wouldn't stay plugged in, we were to scared to try breakfast as near pool area a guy was cutting timber, the foyer was full of boxes and cleaning chemicals. The lamp in our room worked but light connection was snapped out and hanging, lights beside bed to about ten presses to get em on after that only one worked. Stairs outside looked rotten enough to collapse. This place should be closed to public.

• Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

First, we drove by the hotel twice about 3am and missed the entrance. We were looking up for the sign, but it wasn't there. Instead, a little placard about eye level (if on foot) showed the hotel name. I rang the bell about 5 min before someone came to the window, it looked like he just got out of bed. I just wanted 1 room for the night, we spoke about 15 min because he didn't understand english very well. I finally got my key and entered the room, the smell alone should have had us running, but we were tired and needed some rest. I moved the telephone stand to access the hidden outlets and was greeted by cockroaches. 30 min later, we were in bed when we heard our neighbors on the other side of the wall arguing. In 10 min, it escalated to the girl being thrown what sounded like up against the wall and furniture breaking in the process. She kept begging for him to stop and PLEASE DON'T KILL ME! The walls were paper thin and I thought any minute they'd be coming thru our walls. We could hear the language, slaps and punches. My 15 year-old daughter and I were so scared-our hearts were beating fast and we were shaking. My husband tried to call the front desk, but the room phone wasn't working. We called 911 on our cell phone and in 10 min they were at the hotel. We tried to remain anonymous because we were worried for our safety when the cops left. About 2 hours later, the cops left...we're still awake, sleeping with a knife by our bed just to feel safe. In the morning, I talk to the manager (with his broken English) thinking we should be compensated for our night in hell. His response was something like yeah, I already the know the cops were here. I can't control the people who check in. When I brought up the non-working telephone, he didn't say anything. If we didn't bring our cell phones, we would have been stuck in a room without any communication. He didn't care! Thx for caring Knights Inn manager and the memories! I DO NOT ADVISE THIS MOTEL TO ANYONE!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

After a 10 hour drive to Fresno, My wife and I were looking forward to a good meal and a good nights’ rest. I got out of our car, noticed to prostitutes walking by, passed a homeless looking lady holding a fast food bag, checked in at the front desk, which was dirty and had a strange smell, and we went up to our room. Upon exiting our car there was a strong skunk smell, the wood was rotted going up the stairs, and the same homeless looking lady was now on the 2nd floor with a jacket covering her nose while holding on to the same bag. As we approached the room, we noticed dirty handprints wiped down the walls and the non-smoking hallway smelled like a cheap bar. We entered the room which smelled like cigarettes and skunk. The room was outdated, dirty, in need of repairs and there were no towels in the bathroom. We immediately left, got into our car and called Expedia to get a refund. While on the phone a guy kept riding a BMX bike around the complex and a rough looking character kept circling around the parking lot and picking things off of the ground. We were able to get a full refund and went a few miles down the road and stayed in a clean hotel. I would not recommend nor stay in this hotel or leave my car in the parking lot overnight. This hotel is in a bad part of town and we felt unsafe while there. Avoid this hotel at all costs if you value a good nights’ rest in a safe, smoke free, prostitute free environment.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was trying to save a buck on our way to Yosemite so I cant complain. The rooms were clean with clean towels. Everything worked however was disappointed to see the pool was dirty. It seems it is slowly being renovated, there is NO continental breakfast just a loaf of bread and dry cereal.
If you want 5 star treatment this is not the place.
Staff was friendly as can be.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

If you are happy to live with spiders and flies and are good at DIY, then this is the place for you.
We killed at least a dozen flies in the room, cobwebs so large other guests had left tissues in them, had to repair the cistern and the microwave. Would have complained, but speaking English in an English accent was a definite disadvantage to the reception staff

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SUN PRAIRIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Pretty basic room. Very limited breakfast offered. Older gentleman at the desk was not friendly - not rude though. I stayed using a free night from Wyndham Rewards, so I'm not sure of the price for a double. The sign out front said $45, which would be more than enough for this location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Fresno North? Share your experiences!