“Don't Stay Here!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Fresno North to your Saves list
Knights Inn Fresno North
Knights Inn Fresno North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4061 N. Blackstone, Fresno, CA 93726 (Formerly Days Inn Fresno North)   |
Ranked #52 of 65 hotels in Fresno
Tucson, Arizona
“Don't Stay Here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

After a 10 hour drive to Fresno, My wife and I were looking forward to a good meal and a good nights’ rest. I got out of our car, noticed to prostitutes walking by, passed a homeless looking lady holding a fast food bag, checked in at the front desk, which was dirty and had a strange smell, and we went up to our room. Upon exiting our car there was a strong skunk smell, the wood was rotted going up the stairs, and the same homeless looking lady was now on the 2nd floor with a jacket covering her nose while holding on to the same bag. As we approached the room, we noticed dirty handprints wiped down the walls and the non-smoking hallway smelled like a cheap bar. We entered the room which smelled like cigarettes and skunk. The room was outdated, dirty, in need of repairs and there were no towels in the bathroom. We immediately left, got into our car and called Expedia to get a refund. While on the phone a guy kept riding a BMX bike around the complex and a rough looking character kept circling around the parking lot and picking things off of the ground. We were able to get a full refund and went a few miles down the road and stayed in a clean hotel. I would not recommend nor stay in this hotel or leave my car in the parking lot overnight. This hotel is in a bad part of town and we felt unsafe while there. Avoid this hotel at all costs if you value a good nights’ rest in a safe, smoke free, prostitute free environment.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was trying to save a buck on our way to Yosemite so I cant complain. The rooms were clean with clean towels. Everything worked however was disappointed to see the pool was dirty. It seems it is slowly being renovated, there is NO continental breakfast just a loaf of bread and dry cereal.
If you want 5 star treatment this is not the place.
Staff was friendly as can be.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

If you are happy to live with spiders and flies and are good at DIY, then this is the place for you.
We killed at least a dozen flies in the room, cobwebs so large other guests had left tissues in them, had to repair the cistern and the microwave. Would have complained, but speaking English in an English accent was a definite disadvantage to the reception staff

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
SUN PRAIRIE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Pretty basic room. Very limited breakfast offered. Older gentleman at the desk was not friendly - not rude though. I stayed using a free night from Wyndham Rewards, so I'm not sure of the price for a double. The sign out front said $45, which would be more than enough for this location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Riverbank, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The hotel was very reasonably priced, the rooms were large , and fairly clean, the location relative to the town was good also.
On the downside, "ladies of the night" were all over the area. We could have all the "company" we wanted. The "working ladies used to be in the hotels near the freeway, but they seem to have relocated to Fresno north.
After reading some of the other reviews, I see we were not alone in being approached.

Room Tip: Bring your own blow up doll !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Zug
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We had just one night at this motel. Rooms not bad, a little dated but we were only staying for one night so not a problem. A lot of workers stay in this motel. It is a budget motel and the price was fair.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Ummm... I'm writing this review because I cannot sleep! The sounds of people getting in and out of cars the entire night in unnerving. My husband was approached by two "working" women who offered to... um, yeah. He said he was married, however one of the ladies persisted. He had to swiftly walk away. I can't wait until daybreak, i wanna leave this place so bad & I'm praying that I can get a refund. I don't understand how an owner can let his hotel be used for pimps and prostitutes. I feel like I'm in the story mode of a Grand Theft Auto video game! Tomorrow I am calling the police.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Knights Inn Fresno North? Share your experiences!