“Overall, would stay here again” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Fresno Central
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1101 North Parkway Drive, Fresno, CA 93728   |
Ranked #39 of 65 hotels in Fresno
New Zealand
“Overall, would stay here again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Had no internet access at the time so gambled on this place. We tried further down the road first but the amount of street walkers in front of the motels put us off. Seemed to be none in front of this Days Inn.

Got two rooms (220 & 221) - price average, but both sparkling clean and spacious. Breakfast was average but more than edible. I only wish they had some signs showing the way to the breakfast room, as we got pretty lost trying to find out around the back of the hotel.

We had dinner at Dennys next door and got the 10% discount. On reading previous messages (after we had checked in) about streetwalkers renting rooms etc, I went and asked the receptionist (who was totally helpful) about them without mentioning TripAdvisor - she said they no longer rented rooms to the 'ladies' and the ladies generally stayed down by the cheaper motels down the road, which we had noticed.

The grounds here deserve a mention - immaculate and beautifully kept - bonus points to the gardening crew here.

We had a non-smoking room but you could tell it used to be a smoker's room, still had a mild smoke smell, but easily bearable, especially when compared to some hotels we've stayed at.

Sleep-wise was ok, comfy mattresses but of course some idiot decided to idle his V8 outside at 6am...what is it with these people?

One major hassle for me was the internet access - sporadic at best, and mostly frustrating.I read old reviews which said the same thing! I mentioned this on checkout and the manager said they were aware of it and were working on it. I work in IT and it should not take months to work out such an issue. Be aware internet access here is dodgy, slow and disconnects often.

Overall I'd say give it a shot - especially if you don't mind seeing prostitutes down the road, or walking past now and then. After reading old reviews perhaps management here has done some work on certain aspects of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Marcos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stopped here late night rather unexpectedly due to a sick family member. I generally like the Days Inn chain for inexpensive, but clean option. While the staff left something to be desired, the rooms were pretty much as pictured. Very roomy, comfortable beds. Microwave and fridge in the room. I was happily surprised to see a large vanity counter outside the bathroom, a plus when traveling with a family.
We didn't get up early enough to be able to participate into breakfast, so I can't comment on that. We didn't swim in the pool, but it was surprisingly large with a great pool area around it. Even though it was cool outside, the kids were anxious to go in! There's a Denny's across the parking lot.
The couple of downsides...(1) there was more noise than I'd like....there was an altercation at Denny's, which shares the parking lot at 3am and then it sounded like there was a skateboard going back and forth in front of the rooms (which I think was the housekeeping cart), (2) housekeeping knocked on our door at 7am and again at 9...I'll take the blame for part of that because I didn't see the privacy tag, but 7am and then again 2 hours later?! They obviously didn't check the front desk during that time. And (3) as I said the desk staff was fairly rude.
Price was really great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

Arrived somewhat 'blind' having not read any reviews. Had been camping in Yosemite and left a night early as was soo cold - picked it as the area was on our direct route and the guide book (either LP or RG) said it was the best of the cluster of hotels around the exit.
Nothing special about the hotel but nothing bad either. Had no problems with cleanliness. Husband was propositioned by the local lady of the night. Didn't fancy using the pool as was in the middle of the car park and when we were there had a bunch of rednecks having a pool party. Discount for Denny's next door and room discount for AAA. Also very cheap petrol just across the road.
Best thing about this place was the price!! We paid $40 for room - absolute bargain in my eyes.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

we went here after driving for hours, didnt look great, but we wanted a cheap bed for a night. BAD IDEA....
1. More expensive then other hotels right next door.
2. Dirty dirty rooms. Smelt like rotten egg...
3. Fire alarm battery was flat and went off from 2am-morning with high pitched pinging noise.
4. 'Breakfast' was hard stale donuts. Disgusting...
5. Hookers and gang bangers stare at you the whole time....

Spoke with front desk staff first thing in the morning about the fire alarm. Said, not allowed to assist, must talk to manager Alan. Called when told, he wasnt in but would call ASAP. Called at the end of the day. Was told by Alan the manager that they check the fire alarms and there fine. After explaining that we hadn't slept all night, he said too bad, not his problem...

do not stay here.....its a dump.....the manager is useless.....

Room Tip: stay somewhere elese
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

Reading the previous reviews I would not have chosen this motel in a million years. However, our stay there was fine . We arrived in Fresno and basically enden upstaying there by chance. No issues with bedbugs, breakfast was adequate for the price, the rooms were clean and the we got a 10% discount because we booked two rooms. The pool was great, the kids loved it (could have been a bit cleaner, but certainly wasn't bad). Denny's next door was great and convenient (bummer, we didn't realise we could have gotten a discount!). There were some shady characters haning around ouside Denny's but nobody bother us and our three kids when we walked back the short distance to the motel. Internet did not work, nothing new there, we found that was the case in a few places we stayed at. All up, we had no issues with our stay. Ignorance might have been bliss after all!

Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

I dont know where to begin. My family and I were travelling from Tucson AZ to Santa Cruz CA. We were on 99 N and saw this place. The neighborhood was scarey but we were exhausted. The 2 people at the reception desk were speaking an Asian language which was fine but it seemed like they were arguing and they ignored us. When they finally got to us, it seemed like we had annoyed them, very very rude. The cost wasn't bad. As soon as we walked out of the lobby we were descended upon by street walkers and people begging for money. We hurried to our room and locked the doors and made sure the windows were locked. The room smelled musty and looked old and worn out. We had a room with 2 queen beds. My husband and I slept in 1 and our 2 kids slept in the other. About an hour later my 2 yr old son woke up crying. He had bites all over his legs. We woke our 4 yr old daughter and she had bites on her as well. I was furious! I wanted to go get our money back but my husband just wanted to get out of there. We gathered up the kids and our luggage and went outside to leave. 2 guys were leaning on our car. We thought when we unlocked the car door with the remote they would move but they didnt. As a matter of fact they asked us if we wanted bootleg dvd's or cd's! 2 hookers walking by asked if we were leaving and asked if they could use our room. Needless to say we burned rubber out of there!

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

If you're looking for a hooker, you came to the right place! 1101 N Parkway Drive, Fresno CA. There were hookers, pimps, pan handlers everywhere! They roamed the place all night like zombies! Came to find out from the desk clerk that about 6 hookers have permanent rooms there! The clerk told us that hookers list themselves on Craigs List with the hotel phone # and their room #. AMAZING HUH????? So, I suggest that you take your own sheets, pillows, crab and flea spray! Oh yeah, don't forget your taser or pepper spray. THAT PLACE IS A ZOO!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Fresno Central? Share your experiences!