“Nice Option in Fresno” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Shelby, Michigan
“Nice Option in Fresno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here over Easter and chose the King Suite. It was a real good choice as it is like staying in two regular Courtyard rooms. The hotel is in a great location....really close to Fresno State and the freeway and restaurants and shopping. Hotel staff is really friendly. This is an older Courtyard but it is in good shape and has an above average pool for Courtyards as well as a small but decent fitness center. I recommend that you ask for a room in the interior away from the freeway.

Room Tip: High room floor on interior (facing the courtyard).
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice hotel but staff take it over the top. Hotel needs to upgrade the electrical outlet in the bathroom but that's a minor issue. Only minor problem I had was they gave me a free coffee because I'm a Platinum Member and they told me I could only use it for regular drip coffee which is totally not true and you never said that it any of the 30 courtyards I've stayed at so far this year. not a big deal though the woman she would have made me pay and I not called her out on it. Overall really nice day really friendly people I would stay again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
juleemay, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Celling

Thank you so much for the kind words about our staff. We are indeed fortune to have them as part of our team. I am sorry about the confusion surrounding your Platinum Gift, but thank you for being a Marriott Reward Platinum Elite Member. We look forward to your next stay.

AGM Fresno Courtyard
Modesto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Stayed two nights. Even thou its next to the freeway you can't even hear the traffic. Sets back off the highway and is nice and quite, has a lot of places to eat and shop. The staff is Friendly and very helpful.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

The rooms at this motel are very large, specially the rooms with 2 queen beds. Our rooms opened out to the pool area which was very nice and plush. Unfortunately, they did not have a hot tub. However the pool was heated, and pleasant.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
juleemay, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, March 13, 2015
Hello
Thank you for your kind words. It is very nice to hear when we are doing well. I have passed your kind words along to our staff who were delighted that your stay was a success. We hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2015

I don't choose hotel's for their amenities... I could care less about them. I am there for a good nights sleep in a comfortable bed. This bed was heaven. Enough so that I didn't need my usual 8 hrs and felt refreshed after about 6 hrs sleep. I had a glass of wine with my mom in the lounge area in the evening and it was relaxing atmosphere. I really enjoyed all of the food and beverage offerings and the semi-secluded booths with small tv monitors. The halls looked somewhat run down but the room was very nice. This will be my go-to hotel for any future bookings in Fresno... regardless of cost. I felt the cost was worth the value of the room for a weekend stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Hwy 41.
Green Features: I didn't notice any environmentally-friendly practices other than the placards requesting linens be reused if I'd like to help environmentally.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
juleemay, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, February 28, 2015
Greetings
Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to receive good as well as not good feedback from our Guests. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us and we hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

Assistant General Manager
Fresno Courtyard by Marriott
Roseville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

Mid week pricing is insane in Fresno. For $189/night, I was expecting the usual Courtyard experience. This hotel was built in 1985 and honestly looks like it. The hotel has had some renovation a few years ago ( lobby area ) which is welcoming and looks nice. The property had the usual Courtyard large scree monitor adjacent to the check in area, light snack area and bar. The staff is over the top nice and thanked me by name as I left. I travel frequently and this rarely happens.

The design of the property is one of the worst I have seen. Its in a ' H ' pattern. Two elevators exist on the property and depending on where your room is, only one provides access. This was not pointed out when I checked in. I traversed the east side of the property to only find out I had to walk back the other way to find my room. Thankfully newer properties avoid this design flaw.

The room's are the usual Courtyard set up. The dated and worn carpet needs replaced. The popcorn ceilings scream 1985. The bathroom areas have been updated at minimal expense. The shower area is the small 1" tile found in Home Depot for $1.99 a square foot. Does not mimic the Marriott brand, however does the job.

Pros - One of the nicest hotel staff's you can find.
Manicured lawn with radiant greenery.
Decent light meal items and breakfast selections.

Cons - Truly feels like 1985 in your guest room.
TV is placed directly across from the bed. Poor ergonomic design.
Popcorn ceilings and all the trimmings you would expect with this type of room.
Price. OUTRAGEOUSLY priced for what the room is. However, in an economy of scale, demand drives the price.

Overall - Not a horrible hotel, just needs updating.

Room Tip: Walls are thin. Choose top floor room on corner adjacent to stairs for a good night sleep.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Saeid Z, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, February 23, 2015
Dear Meh
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in regards to your recent stay at the Courtyard Fresno.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused by design of hotel and elevators . We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fresno.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

I stayed here on business a couple weeks back. Here are the good things: customer service at check-in and throughout the stay was excellent. The cleanliness and the quality of the room was very good. The location right off Highway 41 was good as was the number of nearby restaurants. Here's the bad: Noise was bad. I could hear every slamming metal door throughout the night. The free wi-fi was worthless. It took minutes to load a page on my IPAD or smart phone. Pay the $5 charge if you have lots of work to do. Finally, the bed wasn't comfortable. This is a nice property. I am just not sure I would stay here, especially for the price.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Saeid Z, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, February 10, 2015
Hello bcpaula
Thank you for visiting the Courtyard Fresno’s review page .We apologizes for the inconvenience caused by slamming door and internet connectivity. We will share your review with our team to improve our service for our guests.
Thanks again for the review.
All the best!
Saeid Zarei
Chief Engineer

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fresno? Share your experiences!