“Nice hotel in better part of the city” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$10 Free F&B bucks
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
whittier, ca
“Nice hotel in better part of the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Nice large rooms with quality beds and outstanding staff. They have an nice little café with wine and beer. Large and comfy lobby with free computers to use. It gets a nice and fun crowd of mostly business people around happy hour. They have a small but nice gym, and same with the pool. You are on the main drag in the city, close by up scale restaurants and shopping. Just a few miles from the college, this is the better part of the city.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from Shaw, you can easily pass by and never see the place. Still it's easy...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The checkin and checkout process is hassle free. The rooms are decent.
Breakfast (simple menu, for purchase) is efficient. Staff are quite good.
Decent restaurants nearby. Lot of strip malls nearby, in case you have a spouse who wants to shop.

Hartpury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Really great location for visiting Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Excellent new hotel with pool in nice courtyard. Walking distance to nice family style restaurant that reminded me of times when I was a kid or, the other way, a new shopping mall. Hotel's own restaurant is pricey, especially for drinks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. We enjoy hosting the many travelers that come through our doors on their way to visit the many National Parks in our area.

We're happy you were able to get good nights rest and enjoy the area surrounding the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fresno!

Dallas/Fort Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stayed at this location on a recent trip to Yosemite the night before heading to the park. Check-in was a breeze. The Front Desk staff was very helpful, proficient, and polite. The room was quiet and comfortable and there were plenty of restaurants in the area to choose from. (I walked to one not too far way and got a very good meal)

I checked out prior to 6am, and they had not started serving breakfast at that time. However, the staff did round up a very much needed cup of coffee for me that was greatly appreciated.

The room was a little pricey. I suppose because of the proximity to Yosemite. But all, it all I enjoyed my stay and I would definitely return to this Courtyard by Marriott for another stay in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno. I’ll be sure to share your positive comments with our Front Desk staff and I’m thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Yosemite is a beautiful park to visit and we hope to see you on your next trip. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you’re in Fresno!

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nothing to complain about except the eating options
You land in a Starbuck-like restaurant which serves good food but overall we much prefer a real in house restaurant.
So much that in the morning we skipped breakfast to enjoy it in a proper restaurant.
Apart from this nothing to complain about - the grade reflects this despite an enjoyable lobby, room and pool.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard Fresno. We value all feedback from our guests whether it is complimentary or recommendations for improvement.

I am sorry you did not enjoy the Bistro atmosphere or offering. I am happy you were able to enjoy the lobby and pool area. If you are in our area again I do hope we have the pleasure to serve you once more.

Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Mark this hotel down one star since it does not have complementary breakfast. Most others around this price range usually do have. Instead there is a little Bistro in the lobby area for meals purchase.

As for finding hotel, it is on the west side of freeway 41, a little side street just off of Shaw ave, there is a Heros comic store just at the outside of this side road, can be easily missed the first time. The location of the side street is sandwiched between busy freeway 41 and Blackstone ave and actually is quite secluded since no through traffic there and therefore the stay is very quiet.

Nearby major intersection of Blackstone ave and Shaw ave provided easy access to all sorts of store, restaurants, malls, gas etc so quite ideal location.

Front desk is professional and courteous. On this visit, however, housekeeping did what is normally required but totally ignored all the bathroom leftover emptied shampoo/conditioner bottles that were left on the bathtub edge.

Wifi is very good. There is no safe or microwave in the room. A little refrigerator is provided. Bed is comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to receive responses that provides us with information to better serve our guests. I have passed on your comments to our Housekeeping Manager so he can address the issue you described.

Please accept my apologies for not exceeding your expectations. We know you have many options when travelling and do hope to see you on your next trip to Fresno.

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

1. I'm traveling for work so I call to say my flight will be coming in late so please hold my reserved room. I get in after 10 California but 12 midnight for me. I'm so tired. They gave my reserved room away and I get what's left......handicapped. the young lady says she's full
Well if I came in off the street asking for a room and u said that you only had handicapped left , then no big deal......BUT I RESERVED THIS ROOM TWO WEEKS AGO.
I am very disappointed in Marriott.

2. It has this old air conditioner that's so loud it was hard to sleep.

3. The elevator was so hot.
4. The section of my room by the bathroom smelled bad

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
juleemay, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Fresno, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Fresno for your recent stay. We realize that you have many options in Fresno and truly appreciate your business. Further, we value the time you took to share your comments with us. We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment with your room selection, upkeep and air conditioning.

Please accept our most sincere apology for the less than normal Marriott service and quality that our Guests have come to expect. Please know that your experience was the exception and not what we strive to deliver.

Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope you’ll again give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fresno? Share your experiences!